[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extreme fatigue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1479337496208.jpg (1017KB, 1039x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1479337496208.jpg
1017KB, 1039x1478px
I lifted 4x a week for basically 2 years straight, hitting some pretty good numbers squat/bench/dl 172/120/190 all for sets of 5 (in kg). Two weeks ago I went to lift on my usual tuesday routine and everything on my body hurt. I stopped and took the rest of the week off figuring that I needed a break. Started up last week, deloading 10-15% on all my lifts and everything still hurt.

Lifting now and I can barely squat 80% of what I was doing just a month ago. What the hell is happening? My gains are literally disappearing and I feel entirely weak and fragile. Never had this happen before, I've been sore and lifted through it, been tired and lifting through being sick with the flu, but nothing this debilitating.

I'm 24, 6'2 and about 200lbs. I have some health issues but nothing keeping me from lifting in the past. Is this usual/has this happened to anyone else here? Not sure what to do, squatting just hurts everything in my body. Do I push through the pain or take longer off (maybe a month or more?). Might just call it quits for the rest of the year and then start up in 2017 again if this continues.

Any similar experiences?
>>
>>39485555
>Baiting with a pic of a girI to try and trick others into doing his research for him

Nah, you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>39485564
mate I can do my own research and have, it's pretty common to start a thread with some titties too, I just want some first hand experience from other anons.
>>
>>39485555
The same has happened to me.

Today i lift 70% of what i used to lift 4 months ago.

30% DELOAD SENPAI

But its funny, because i am bigger and more asthetic than i was before
>>
>>39485555
Nice quads
Look at your habits outside of gym

>sleep
>hydration
>diet
>mental state
>etc.

If there are no major errors go see a doctor And tell him.

Sophmore year College the same thing happened to me and like 5 other people on swim team.

We all got mono from a goddam watercooler. (probably)
>>
>>39485840
I'm not sleeping well, but I didn't think it was much out of the ordinary since I usually don't sleep well anyway. I have ulcerative colitis and it's been relatively under control for awhile now, though it's entirely possible that I've developed anaemia or a deficiency in some vitamin/mineral as that too has happened before.

I know I should go to the doctor and I will.
>>
>>39485876
>ulcerative colitis
Probably should have started with this. Sounds like the problem is medical and /fit/ probably isn't going to be much help.

I feel for you though. However, Steve Redgrave managed to win gold medals at 5 successive Olympics in rowing despite having colitis (and later diabetes).
>>
File: comeonpepe.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
comeonpepe.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>39485738

>I'm bigger and more aesthetic on gear training for more time than I was natty training for less time

lel really? I don't believe you
>>
>>39485555
> I have some health issues but nothing keeping me from lifting in the past.

don't build your house on a rickety foundation. take health first
>>
>>39485555
If it takes more than a few weeks of rest to get back to usual, you've systematically overtrained and it's hard to recover from that.
Good luck.

>I lifted 4x a week for basically 2 years straight
That's really stupid.
>>
>>39485555
Sounds like you have overreached and burned out your CNS
Also Fatigue masks fitness.
I doubt you have overtrained, it is very hard to overtrain.
>>
>>39488615
It's not that hard to overtrain, it happens in recreational lifters too.

>I lifted 4x a week for basically 2 years straight
That's a good way to overtrain.
>>
>>39488646
Overtraining is a very misunderstood condition, OP has not overtrained, he has overreached. It is VERY hard to reach overtraining.
Overreached is the pre-state to overtraining, where if you ignore the warning signs, you are in danger of overtraining.
Symptoms of overreaching are: Reduced performance, reduced energilevels and a general feeling of being tired all the time.
This is the state OP is in, and he is reacting to it the proper way, take a break and deload, perhaps even a longer break is needed.

Overtraining consists of a lot of symptoms, i can name at least 20, i can assure you that OP would have experienced at least a few of them if he had overtrained.
>>
>>39488698
I've read Helms' book too.
It's still possible OP has overtrained.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.