[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kinesiology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Kinesiology-Blog-300x165.jpg (14KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
Kinesiology-Blog-300x165.jpg
14KB, 300x165px
Anyone here a kinesiologist or studying it? I'm currently in my first year of engineering but have literally no ambition to become an engineer, as at the time of applications I had no idea what I wanted to do in the future so I took it on a whim
I was thinking of going to kinesiology next year, frankly it would have been my first choice had I known it existed, only found out about it like a month ago
>>
>>39481275
Do not go into kinesiology...even if you want to be an occupational / physical therapist... Don't. Go into pre-med biology and take biomechanics and exercise physiology.

What do you want to do after with the degree?
>>
Kinesiology fucking sucks brah
>>39481300
Pre med is just a gambit to get the school more money. You can literally take communications and go into medical school after it (I dont recommend that tho)

Take a science degree that everyone uses. Bio is great, chemistry as well. Engineering is ok brah, depends on what engineering you want to do. Pysch, while not useful in itself is useful for getting higher management positions elsewhere
>>
Starting college in a month, Kinesiology is my intended major. Lurking
>>
>>39481352
When was the last time you heard someone say, or even yourself "Oh damn, I'm injured, time to go to a certified kinesiologist!"

It's a meme. In just about any medical profession, you will be required to do training/learning to practice. Which effectively makes that kinesiology degree an "added bonus". You are basically making it extra hard on yourself

It's also limiting. What the fuck are you going to do with a kinesiology major besides being a sports trainer/therapist? You have options if you go chem, bio, engin, even psych
>>
>>39481328
>>39481393
Better to have a kinesiology degree than none at all
There's just no chance in hell I'll get an engineering degree let alone one in physics or chemistry, and even if I would I would get some ass job at some ass factory and be miserable, even if the pay would be good (in my country it wouldn't)
Also, did I mention there are literally 0 qts here, I'm gonna go fucking nuts if I see another big bang theory reject
>>
>>39481420
Didnt say physics

Chemistry is universal if you are in medicine. Bio-chem especially. Same with biology

You can get a biology degree and learn useful shit rather than a kinesiology degree where you do rote memorization for 2 years than bio-mechanics for another. Absolute garbage. Why do you think sports professionals go to orthopedic surgeons rather than other junk?
>>
>>39481275
I have just finished a physical therapy degree. Don't do kinesiology, there is little evidence for physical therapy or kinesiology etc etc overall. Just because you like the gym doesn't mean you should direct yourself that way
>>
>>39481393
And also this, no one attends a kinesiologist. They will attend a physical therapist over that, and in the US physical therapists are not even first contact practicioners....lol
>>
>>39481793
>>39481800
Actually spoke to a classmate a few minutes ago, said he went to a kinesiologist a couple years back and that he was completely booked
Probably cause our country has free health care, but the problem with that is that you can wait up to several months for an appointment, which is why people might opt to pay, but to get an appointment sooner
Eithee way I'm 90% sure of studying kinesiology by now, as it's the only degree that I would have the motivation to achieve, besides physical therapy, but tge criteria for entry is waaay to high for me to get in
>>
>pre med
>kinesiology major
>friend in medical school said his friend is a kinesiology major and killing it
>tfw kinesiology major
>>
File: 1479140258712.jpg (226KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1479140258712.jpg
226KB, 1080x1349px
how bad of a career choice is physical therapy lads? thinking of going into it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.