[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is progressive overload a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1473955098900.jpg (162KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1473955098900.jpg
162KB, 1080x1350px
How the fuck are you seriously expected to add 2.5kg EVERY WORKOUT. thats insane. has anyone actually had success doing this?
>>
Yes you can.

I do it becasue I'm weak as fuck.

Ohp hit a plateau at 45kg so I deloaded and carried on, but bench squat and dead are now getting harder too.

If you've been lifting for more than a year, you'll plateau more often from what I gather, and youll need more rest between hitting the same lifts due to the high load.

Buy hey. I don't even lift, so what do I know.
>>
>>39473653
Yes. Eat a lot, sleep well and it is entirely possible. Your nervous system will not be able to keep up anymore after a while, but at least for some time it is very possible.
>>
>>39473653

its a beginner program faget, after a while you will plateau and need to switch
>>
>>39473653
Y-yeah. It's not that much weight. Did you start from too heavy a weight? Are you afraid of stalling?
>>
yes and it has been proven time and time again

novice (<1 year) can progress every workout given enough recovery until he runs out of "newb gains" and becomes intermediate

intermediate (1-2 years) can progress every week or two given enough rest. nutrition starts to play a big role

advanced (2+ years) can progress ever 2-3 weeks or monthly

after that you are dealing with 6 months and even up to a year or more before you can progress
>>
>>39473784
I don't think anyone's going to be doing +5lb multiple times a week for an entire year. Thank kek if you stay on the newbie gain train for 6 months.
>>
>>39473784
numbers delivered to you by the broscience university of memeland
>>
>>39473806

>not benching 300lbs after your first year

What are you gay?
>>
>>39473653
Of course you're going to stall pretty fast. Think about it. Even if you start with just the bar, you'd be lifting 410kg in just a year if the program worked forever. That being said, it's great for a newbie to adapt to new stimulus and make fast noobgains. After about 4-8 months though you should switch to something with weekly weight increase and volume days. After that something with periodization should follow eventually.
>>
>>39473809
numbers by rich panini
>>
>>39473784
Thank you for this bullshit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.