[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to start getting ready to enlist in USMC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
alright /fit/. so I'm a lardass with about 20% body fat, but I've decided there's not much around here in the U.S. to live for so I decided to enlist. everyone in my family wants me to be a Marine along with all my family friends. So I started doing certain things alongside my job (assistant in a galley that usually washes dishes/unloads palettes), such as drinking anywhere to 3-4.5 liters of water a day, cutting out any kind of junk food or sodas, but I have yet to start going to the gym. What should I start doing to help get myself in the workout mindset?
>>
you could not join the mureens and get in shape because you want to be healthy

join because you want to serve your country, not because your family wants your to or because there's not much around you to live for.
It's the fuckers like you that show up and make everyone look bad because you don't belong in a uniform.
If you really want to join because you feel the need to be a warrior and serve your country, it's as simple as:

>wake up early (5 am is good start)
>run (shoot for 5 miles)
>do pushups, situps, pullups
>lift weights at gym
>eat healthy
>study for asvab
>make 99 on asvab
>go to recruiter
>when recruiter sees 99 score and says damn son you can have any job you want! tell him "with all due respect (his rank here) what do I look like, some kind of faggot? Give me an infantry slot."
>accept that honorable death in combat is most glorious and only acceptable form of death. Valhalla awaits if you're worthy.

If you, or anyone else in this thread decides to join based US military, know that it's a fun time and you learn a lot and make good friends, but you have to like the lifestyle and want to put up with the bullshit that comes with it.

you'll be tempted to use all sorts of tobacco and stuff when you get going, but resist. It's not worth smoking- dipping is meh if you need the stimulant to stay awake, but save your lungs for PT.
>>
>>39471610
Get good at running, pullups, crunches, and pushups. If you're good at those things going in your life will be much easier. Regarding mindset, just do it. Motivation might get you started, but discipline will carry you through.

IIRC /k/ has general threads for wannabe milfags, FYI.
>>
>>39471698
this, except, instead of infantry shoot for helicopter maintenance and work up to crew chief. then you'll get hang off the side with the gat.
>>
>>39471610
> i wanna be a marine
First off, no you dont
Secondly, op is a faggot
Thirdly,
Long slow distance runs, hill sprints, pack marching, stores carrys, squats, pushups and heaves. Disregard everything else. Get up at 6am, smash a half litre of water, do your run/bodyweight stuff. Go to work. Strength in the afternoon. 5 days a week.

Then cross your fingers and hope you dont get posted to palms or darwin. Dont go infantry, its a meme.
>>
>>39471698
>tfw 94 on ASVAB and Navy begging to give me 6 fig sign on bonus

In OPs position but haven't even started cardio yet...

After I get back in 8 years I am going to become an ordained Buddhist monk in Utah or India or preferably Japan
>>
Go to school, you doofus.
>>
>>39471829

>tfw 99 on ASVAB
>1980 on SAT(1 try because I was forced into it)
>HS GPA was like 2.4 (laugh)

I'm 100% sure I didn't deserve those scores...I bullshitted most of the test because it didn't make sense.
>>
>>39471748
This would be much better, I was going for the kek factor with the infantry thing

>>39471829
forget the bonuses, it's all about the job. If you want to join, pick a job you want to do. For the most part there's a reason they're offering such a big bonus (spoiler: no one wants to take the job) Also realize the asvab is set to high school level, so don't let a 90+ go to your head.
As far as the monk thing goes... I went through that faze... I don't recommend it, especially since there (probably) isn't a god, and you could spend your time doing much better things.

>>39471838
You should definitely go to school. AFTER you ETS

>>39471960
congrats dude those are great scores. If you're in college, keep up the good work and make sure you get your degree. If not, you should really go to school.
>>
>get 98 on asvab
>get good job
>get fit
>can run pretty good times
>start lifting
>get some compliments
>still no gf
>still no friends

L-Livin the dream!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.