[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RSI, CARPAL TUNNEL, etc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0016.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
Help me, /fit/. I've got some sort of RSI from poor posture and excessive use of my wrist and hands and it's heavily affecting my finger dexterity and motor skills and it's tough to do anything anymore. What are some resources or exercises that help? What type of doctor or therapist should I see?
>>
>>39471381
Cool snek
>>
I had/have the same thing anon.
Do this:
1) instantly stop any hand activities; vidya, lifting. Stop until the pain is gone, then wait 2 more weeks.
2) See a hand therapist/occupational therapist. They are the "physio" for this kind of problem. They may make splints if needed and give more advice. A hand therapist is the first person you need to see ASAP.
3) DO NOT IGNORE IT. it will develop what is called trigger finger if its in your fingers. This can need surgery to fix.

Source: have this and am almost a qualified hand therapist
>>
>>39471381
Sounds like parkinsons dude..

Go to a fucking doctor
>>
>>39471712
Yeah, literally stop anything that's causing it. Basically don't use your hand for about 6-8 weeks (really - that long)

You're now also more prone to developing this again and again. Sorry, bro.

Source: fml
>>
>>39472026
This. Mine took 3 months and its still there
>>
>>39471381
Had ulnar pain for quite a while due to using heavy weights and bad form.
First of all, cease doing anything that causes pain. Yes, that also means you should take a break from lifting. Personally I also stopped wanking for a while. Even aftter the initial pain was gone, masturbating- Even if once a week would cause pain and distress for the next several days.
Most importantly, go see a doctor and start paying increased attention to what your hands are doing, how they're positioned and whether or not you're putting too much pressure on them (ie. Carrying heavy bags, appliances, etc). If you play vidya or use the computer a lot, make sure that only your palm is on the mouse, your wrist should be touching the surface (This takes a while to get used to, but might help your alleviate some of the pain).
>>
That's a rubber boa, innit?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.