[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day anyone managed to quit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1465154283017.jpg (198KB, 668x528px) Image search: [Google]
1465154283017.jpg
198KB, 668x528px
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone managed to quit?
>>
>>39469999
Checked
>>
Yeah I quit. I smoked a pack a day like a normal human being. Not fucking four packs. You modifying the peanutbutter meme or are you just trying to suffocate yourself?
>>
>>39469999
Quitting is actually quite easy. Its not about any physical addiction, but more about a psychological one. Once you understand that, its simple to break through it.
>>
>>39469999
75 a day?
The fuck is wrong with you that's disgusting
how do you even have that much time on your hands
>>
File: IMG_0869.jpg (62KB, 620x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.jpg
62KB, 620x645px
>tfw I smoke 5 packs a day
>>
Will 2 cigs a day fuck me up?
>>
>tfw quads didn't keep OP from being a dumbass and responding to his own post kek
>>
>>39469999
How the fuck do you smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day? Do you sit at home in your trailer on welfare all day?
>>
I smoked a pack a day and quit cold turkey. Don't be an addicted faggot that loves sucking on sticks
>>
>>39470877

Smoking at all fucks your lungs up
>>
>>39469999

Yeah, I quit cold turkey. 1.5 packs a day for years to zero with no nicotine gum, patches, or anything.

Advice:

1. Chewing gum. Every time you get that feeling in your mouth, the 'withdrawal' feeling, you should chew some gum. It really helps.

2. Drink water a lot. It also helps with that feeling.

The hardest part is that fucking feeling you get in your mouth, it's a bitch.

Days 3-6 are the hardest.

After about 10 days all physical sysmptoms of withdrawal are gone and then it is a fucking breeze.

you can do it anon, just promise yourself you won't smoke. You wouldn't lie to yourself would you?

I recommend telling family/friends you are quitting.

That really amps the pressure on you.

I told my dad I was quitting and then I had no choice, no option to smoke, because I would have to either admit to him that I couldn't do it or lie to him.

You can do this anon, good luck
>>
Dubs and I quit for good
>>
>>39471295
welp looks like its cancer 4 u
>>
I work in a respiratory ward. I'd say 80% of our patients are lifelong smokers with some mix of COPD and lung cancer.

Every time I see one of you faggots lighting up a cigarette I think of all the money you'll pay me one day to make you comfortable while you inevitably succumb to a painful, horrible death.

Thank you for your business
>>
>>39471385

reminds me of heading to the hospital in the mornings during a consulting contract. I'd get there at 6am sometimes and there would be the regular chronic COPD and cancer patients standing outside alternating each puff of a cigarette with a draw on the oxygen tank.

At this stage something should have told them to quit, but if you're not gonna stop lighting up when you're dying of respiratory failure and holding fucking flaming leaves next to a canister of oxygen, nothing else will work
>>
>>39469999
Don't quit anon, I believe in you. 100 a day, let's go. You can do it!
>>
Singles and I quit for good.
>>
>>39470823
this is the most useless fucking thing ive read here in the last 10 minutes
>>
quit fo rsix months this year then staterted again exactly two months ago. i have been buying a pack, smoking three and throwing the rest of the pack away EVERY DAY for the last 3 weeks trying to quit. i just wake up and cave.

have one left imma smoke it then go the one year mark

cold turkey is the best way, just dont buy any
>>
>>39469999
COPD, you doofus.
>>
>>39470877
2 will become 3, trust me, I have been theer

I quit when I reached 5 (6 months later)
>>
>>39469999
>that first pack of the day
>>
File: 1430621460184.jpg (69KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1430621460184.jpg
69KB, 472x472px
>just binge smoked 142 cigarettes

JUST
>>
File: 1477658172474.jpg (137KB, 850x804px) Image search: [Google]
1477658172474.jpg
137KB, 850x804px
>>39469999
>anyone managed to quit?
quitter reporting in. quit after 4 years of smoking. it's not really that hard. you just gotta distract yourself with other things. I distracted myself with some dank ass kush desu.
>>
who /POCAD/ here?
>>
File: champix_4.jpg (52KB, 316x211px) Image search: [Google]
champix_4.jpg
52KB, 316x211px
>>39469999
>1. Chewing gum. Every time you get that feeling in your mouth, the 'withdrawal' feeling, you should chew some gum. It really helps.

2. Drink water a lot. It also helps with that feeling.

The hardest part is that fucking feeling you get in your mouth, it's a bitch.

Days 3-6 are the hardest.

Can vouch for this. Nicotine lozenges also helped with that feeling of not having anything in your mouth. They taste like shit but you take them about as often as you would a cigarette, and you get a nicotine hit out of it. Just disregard the warnings about not taking them for longer than 3 months and not taking x amount per day. I've stayed off them for 3 years now after smoking 2 packs a day.

I also had the first half of a course of Varenicline, but the doctor wouldn't give me the second half of the course and I only stayed off for 6 months. Was getting fucked up dreams and choking my wife in my sleep.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.