[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, at what age should a person start lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1477964511873.jpg (109KB, 675x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1477964511873.jpg
109KB, 675x1067px
I saw that other thread with pictures of Eddie Hall at 14, at and Mike Tyson at 13. They all looked like they were in their 20's, no kidding.

Any idea what is the best age to start lifting?
>>
>>39464254
Cardio/body weight things (basically playing) from 9 and weightlifting from 14.
>>
15~25
>>
>>39464254
Dude. Who the fuck is this goddess.
>>
>>39464305
Roberta Paulson
>>
puberty
>>
>>39464264
>this
except i would say go easy from 14, dont go into a heavy linear strength program right away.
that might impair growth.

i feel like after 18 you can start go really heavy and focus on dem dere gain5
>>
>>39464509
The only correct answer.

Whenever you start puberty is when you start lifting.
>>
>>39464522
18 is too late imo, especially if you could be interested in going into cmopetition, even at low levels
>>
>>39464264

I'd start the cardio and bodyweight stuff even earlier. I was playing freeze tag and racing kids up and down the big hill in my friend's back yard from age 4-5ish and using my arms to pull myself up for tree climbing at an age not too much more than that. I would actually weight to begin weights until 15 or 16, and focus on a really glacially slow progression with emphasis on training different aspects like power, strength, muscle endurance, and size.
>>
>>39465488
yeah kids need to develop a good body sense/awareness with calisthenics and sports/playing/martial arts. Once they hit puberty they need to hit the weights.
>>
>>39464522
Linear progression made me grow, no joke, an inch to my height. And like 4 inches to my waist. But worth it.

I wish at age 14 I knew the shit I know at age 18
>>
>>39464264
>Cardio/body weight things (basically playing) from 9
No, nigga, that's from birth.

Even toddlers do cardio and body weight things. Actually, it's all the do, until they learn, they can also nibble on stuff and get their parents to react in different ways.

t. a guy who's taken his son to the gym since the first trimester, with only 3 weeks off post brith.

Little kid loves playing with rope pulldowns, learned to change the weight himself.

Also, kids are stronger than you give them credit for. They just don't see the point of using more than 30% during playtime and only use more if they're pissed off.

But yeah, actual weight training? 12-14, depending on when puberty hits.
If my son takes after me, it'll be 14. But he looks more like my brother than me (his hands and his buid), so the little guy might start shaving at 10.
>>
File: leg.png (30KB, 740x432px) Image search: [Google]
leg.png
30KB, 740x432px
>>39464305
leg
>>
>>39465716
>But he looks more like my brother than me
Kek ok cuck
>>
Train for fun, with light weight to learn the movements before puberty. After that go nuts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.