[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tips for canceling gym membership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ppepepe.jpg (55KB, 648x491px) Image search: [Google]
ppepepe.jpg
55KB, 648x491px
i need to cancel my membership because i'm moving. i signed a 12 month contract. i know, im an idiot. here are the cancellation terms:

1. i have to be seriously injured or dead
2. the gym has to move locations

so i'm fucked, right? is there any way i can get out of this?
>>
>>39461770
Have you told them about your circumstances?
>>
Damn, that really sucks.

Is it a big corporate tier franchise gym? if so, the refund probably wont happen.
>>
just tell them you're moving and pick a place where the gym chain doesn't have any gyms so they don't transfer your membership to it
>>
>>39461780
not yet. thought i'd get some opinions or ideas on here first...

>>39461786
yeah, there's a bunch here in my state.

does anyone have any easy, not super embarrassing ways to get banned from the gym? maybe that's an easy way out haha
>>
>>39461786
Yeah, this is what I'm getting at.

Most private gym owners aren't robots, they'll probably let you slide.
>>
File: 2012-12-31 15.06.18.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-31 15.06.18.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>39461770
Get kicked out by doing really heavy deadlifts.
>>
>be me
>have this problem
>not moving, just want to upgrade from shit gym
>gym owner gets arrested
>whole business just a money laundering front
>problem solved
>>
>>39461821
To be fair, if I ran a gym, i'd probably ban any and all kinds of powerlifting/olympic lifting.

Honestly, the only time I'd allow PL and OLy lifting is if I was some really well off guy that didn't give a fuck about having to replace shit and repair things all the time and just ran the gym for the love of it.

Profit wise......prob not in your best interest to increase the likelihood of your shit needing replacing.
>>
>>39461831
kys my man, kys
>>
>>39461821
i don't see why they'd care. it says in the contract that you use all equipment with the knowledge that you could injure yourself.
>>
fake your death
>>
>>39461852
bump
>>
>>39461852
i heard some places ask for a legit death certificate
>>
>>39461872
buy one
>>
>>39461840

A lot of gyms don't have rubber plates or diddly areas so once you get past 1pl8 they start getting nervous about their floor and shitting on you.

Even more have them banned after some lunkhead who's retarded enough to only do half the lift starts dropping them
>>
File: level 20 pepe of the abyss.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
level 20 pepe of the abyss.gif
628KB, 516x402px
>>39462067
>A lot of gyms don't have rubber plates or diddly areas

So, not gyms?

I fucking hate this thing where places will have like 30 treadmills and yoga classes and shit, but maybe one rack of dumbbells that go up to 5kg and no other weights and other strength stuff.

Feels mad, man.
>>
>>39462821
My gym doesn't have didgeridoo areas or oly platforms but the weight lifting area is all some kind of a rubbery type flooring. I've seen guys regularly pulling 5+ plates. My biggest gripe is only 1 squat rack.
>>
>>39461770
That's a pretty heavy-handed contract, most of them let you out if YOU move, and i've even doctored up leases in other states to get out of memberships this way.

If that's really what the contract says, you aren't going to get some top secret advice here, so just talk to your gym and see if they can help you out.
>>
If your in the United States they legally have to have a relocation out. I ran gyms for 5 years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.