[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swimming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: phelps.jpg (167KB, 1400x1010px) Image search: [Google]
phelps.jpg
167KB, 1400x1010px
Who here swims for weight loss? What are some good routines?
>>
>>39456105
I do swimming as part of my weekly routine. My main goal is to lose weight.
My week is like:

Monday: Swimming
Tuesday. Running
wednesday: Gym
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Gym
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Swimming

For losing weight i suppose swimming some Intervalls (to get ea little muscles which will help burning calories) + some cardio (actually burning calories)

Heres what I do when I go swimming:
500m warm up+technique, short intervalls (10x50m e.g), long series (2x400m e.g.) cooldwon 200m.
>>
Do you know how to swim or not? the routine depends on your level, how many hours and days you'll be swimming.

I started to swim because I wanted to learn.. it was part of a brotier new years resolution of mine about learning essential skills I lacked at the time like swimming, making a fire and stuff like that. Long story short its been almost three years since that and I end up joining the local team so I now combine gym+swimming. So I can help you a bit on routines or pointer on how to start but I need to know if you're starting from scratch or not..

My advice is to pay for at least one of two month of lessons and learn proper technique, then you can go solo from that point or if its not too expensive keep training with a coach or whatever.
>>
coachfag here, what are you wanting to accomplish from swimming?
>>
Who here /gymnswim/
>>
>>39457736
>/gymnswim/
here.

i'm not sperging out about my routine so i just do 2.75km before my workout. ankle is shot to shit and it's cold as fuck so swimming is my only cardio left.
>>
>>39456869
I'm nearly obese and want to lose weight. In the past I've had joint issues so it seemed safer than weight lifting, at least for now until I get myself to a safer weight.
>>39456834
I learned when I was a kid. I learned basic front crawl, breast stroke, etc. Can tread water for a couple of minutes.
I have access to an LA Fitness and I think that they have an Olympic sized pool.
>>
File: katinka-hosszu.jpg (104KB, 550x827px) Image search: [Google]
katinka-hosszu.jpg
104KB, 550x827px
swimmers are definitely masterrace.

But you need at least a decent form and it would be nice if you could swim at least 3 different strokes.
If you can't do that learn this first.
You will lose weight anyway if you swim for at least an hour every otherday
>>
>>39457780
Winter bike?
>>
>>39458067
>it's cold as fuck
nah i'm good m8
>>
>>39457945
>You will lose weight anyway if you swim for at least an hour every otherday
That isnt how weight loss works and you should feel bad
>>
>>39457945
I really wanna know if you get broad shoulders by swimming or if only people with naturally broad shoulders can go pro.

can any swimmers here who have swimmer regularly for at least a year post their current body? or at least their shoulders
>>
Bump
I need to lose a few pounds too
>>
>>39458993
>>39457880
get started and be patient. when i first started i barely managed 40x25m, two years later i was at four times that, eventually settling at 110x25m for practical purposes. people will give you plans with intervals and using boards to target arms and legs specifically, but desu you can skip that at first and focus on building stamina and patience. it gets boring and repetitive, which is a wall you need to climb first before you deck yourself out with gear and carefully engineered programs.

try to get your heartrate to some 140 and try to keep it up over a prolonged time. that's what will get you pumping. front crawl and some breaststroke is good for starters. watch youtube videos if you're cheapskates and try to memorize some pointers about good form, it's actually fairly easy to fuck up your shoulders with a bad crawl form or put too much strain on your knees for breaststroke if you swim too hard. invest in goggles, definitely.

>>39458408
you do. swimming and chinups/pullups made my shoulders broad as fuark.
>>
Is Stepmania a viable form of cardio? I love to eat but don't want to get fat while lifting.
>>
I can't breathe when swimming.
Is there a certain way to breathe or will I just get better at it?
I feel so weak when I can run a marathon and can't swim one lap without needing to stop to breath.
>>
After every workout I do some breast stroke for about 30 min in the pool

I'm abysmal at freestyle
>>
Do turns when you swim
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.