[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strength Standards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: current vs goal.png (48KB, 1330x630px) Image search: [Google]
current vs goal.png
48KB, 1330x630px
Been on SS for 2.5 months, lifts are progressing fairly well. Bench has been lagging behind a bit, but with my other lifts getting closer to their goals, my plan is to plateau on squat/DL and just focus harder on bench press. After hitting goal weights on all three the plan is to plateau and attempt to cut .5lb-1lb a week over the course of 5-6 months.

I would be switching to a very simple routine where I perform one big lift a day 4 days a week and then do 30 min of LISS and 15 min of HIIT afterward, currently thinking something like:

Monday: Bench
Tuesday: Squat
Thurdsay: OHP
Friday: Deadlift

Any thoughts, advice?

Also general strstd goals or current thread
>>
>>39455362
why stop once you reach goals? keep going until you exhaust noob gains then switch to intermediate routine like TM (if you care about compounds) and keep progressing

doing 1 compound per week is very low volume
>>
>>39455515
realistically im not looking to lift too heavy, if i could just maintain those weights while getting down to a bf% that im happy with, then i could go to a higher volume growth routine after.
>>
>>39455659
also worth noting that while im planning on only doing one movement per day, i would be doing a very gradual buildup to the working sets, probably something along the lines of

ex squats

bar x5
95 x5
135 x5
155 x5
185 x5
205 x5
225 x5
>>
>>39455515
OP here yet again, would you have any recommendations on what to do instead or anything to do differently aside from pushing for higher weights before switching routines? Should state again that I'm not looking for huge gains after this as I am currently overweight and want to focus on cutting after I hit these goals
>>
>>39455659
Don't stop once you reach your goals. It'll help you cut actually. Use SS as it was intended, until your noon gains stop doing what you need them to. Then switch to an intermediate routine with a diet bthat puts you at a caloric deficit and you'll lose weight and that weight loss will show middle rather than just lose skin of skeletor. It works better to never limit improvement in one regard to focus on improvement in another when it comes to weight you lose vs weight you lift.
>>
>>39455754
but I wouldnt be making any real strength gains on a deficit would I?
>>
>>39455790
If it's a small deficit you'll be making gains, just not as quickly. The other option is just cutting now, with a very aggressive cut, then start going as high as possible in weights. But your plan ATM is kinda wishy-washy, you want something more concrete to get to your goals of being
>Tfw no gf
except with pretty good biceps.
>>
>>39455362
You have been training for 2.5 months, you are very weak and do not know anything about training. Focus on building a strength base, don't stop after your noob gains and then cut 20-25 lbs while running an ineffective program that you devised for yourself while not being at all knowledgeable. Totallly rethink what you are doing because you're just going to wind up weak and small
>>
>>39455362
>I would be switching to a very simple routine where I perform one big lift a day 4 days a week and then do 30 min of LISS and 15 min of HIIT afterward, currently thinking something like:
>Monday: Bench
>Tuesday: Squat
>Thurdsay: OHP
>Friday: Deadlift
>Any thoughts, advice?

Well that's pretty much my routine but I've been lifting for 3 years consistently and my stats are at the joint of intermediate and advanced. I think that routine is totally stupid for a novice -unless you just wanna maintain at that level-.

I reccomend you end SS and then jump on a basic TM for squat and just volume training for upper body.
Something like this:
ULvxULixx

>U
bench 5x3
pullups 3x8 or 3x5

>Lv
squat 5x5
diddly 1x5 or 2x3

>U
bench or press 5x5 (lighter but faster than U1)
rows 3x8 or 3x5

>Li
squat 1x5 or 2x3 (I prefer 2 max eff sets)
clean 5x2 or speed dl 5x2

You can add whatever accs you think you need but that template worked for me for a long time and made great gains, both in size and strenght.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.