[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swimming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (4KB, 139x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 139x90px
Best drills to improve freestyle technique?
>>
>>39454853
Listen to Big Pun and Tupac.
They can help with your freestyles.
>>
>>39454853
What would you say your skill level is with freestyle and swimming in general?
>>
I can swim 100m in 80seconds if that helps
>>
>>39454853
Catch-up, drag fingertips along top of water, closed fists if you're a masochist lol, you can probably find more examples online.

Focus on rotating your shoulders when reaching forward and pulling back. Keep your face directed towards the bottom of the pool. Make sure you're body is flat in the water and not angled, don't focus on pushing your head down, push your chest downwards instead. Don't overextend your stroke, and don't finish your stroke too early.
>>
>>39454853
>>39455752

Exhale when you're not inhaling
>>
>>39454853
Tarzan (the drill where you swim freestyle while trying to keep your upper body over the water) does wonders for you stamina, and should teach you that keeping your feet below the surface maximizes the power of your kick.
>>
>>39454853
Trainer, you doofus.
>>
File: Palas Clasicas Malmsten.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Palas Clasicas Malmsten.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
Use this to improve your style
>>
>>39455771
wat?

do I have to keep on with the strokes while doing that or is it just kick?
>>
>>39454853
drills aren't for improving technique. beg a coach to help improve your technique and kinesthesiology and then do the drills that >>39455752
suggested to build stronger muscles
>>
how do i stop sinking?

whenever i try whipkick on my back, i just sink and become angled
>>
My arms are the first to give out when I'm swimming and I'm worried it's decreasing the cardio effectiveness of my pool time. I suck absolute shit at cardio now (can only swim about 75m at the most before needing to stop for a bit) so I don't know if I should just keep plowing away at adding laps to my sessions or if I should throw in some arm and leg drills as well

Please help
>>
>>39457098
>My arms are the first to give out when I'm swimming and I'm worried it's decreasing the cardio effectiveness of my pool time. I suck absolute shit at cardio now (can only swim about 75m at the most before needing to stop for a bit) so I don't know if I should just keep plowing away at adding laps to my sessions or if I should throw in some arm and leg drills as well

maybe do running for cardio then?
also tits or gtfo
>>
>>39457098
Kicking freestyle distance with kickboard is good for legs. Try improving cardio with hypoxic sets (limit yourself to as few breaths per 25 freestyle you can manage)
>>
>>39456879
Yes. Keep stroking while keeping your head above the water (your chest will end up being sort of out of the water too).

It's not easy, but it's a good drill. Imagine you're Rambo swimming through a Vietnamese river with a knife in your mouth
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.