[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fucked /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 551209381675.jpg (64KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
551209381675.jpg
64KB, 970x647px
>be an almost pack a day smoker for 10 years
>quit at age 26 as part of a bid to get /fit/
>start exercising a lot and eating better
>coughing up awful clots of blackened plegm a few weeks later

Am I doomed to die a young, cancerous death, or have I stopped early enough that I can potentially salvage myself?
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't hacking up phlegm a sign that your lungs are repairing themselves?
>>
Happened to me too, started 2 weeks after i quit. It goes away anon-kun.
>>
youl be fine, now never smoke or drink again
these things exist because of jew power, to keep you weak and fragile so they can continue theyr world controlling, fight the establishment, abstain from degenaretism!

take the iron pill, friend
>>
>>39451800
I hope so

>>39451804
Good to know

>>39451812
I say it was a bid to get /fit/, but really I'm getting /fit/ as part of the larger picture of getting /pol/. I want to enlist in the military now that God Emperor Trump is in charge, so I figured the first thing to do would be to get my physical health in order. It's only been a few weeks, but I already feel 100x better. My mind is sharper, my body is gradually becoming stronger, and /pol/ is filling my heart with nationalistic pride to keep me motivated.

Also, are there any useful supplements or particular foods I should be eating to speed my lungs' recovery?
>>
That black shit is your lungs becoming healthy. The more you cough up the less is left inside you. Gj anon.
>>
>>39451800
Yeah, it absolutely is.

I was coughing constantly about a week after I quit. It was like, worse than having a cold.

But it goes away. Get some cough drops in the mean time.
>>
>>39451840
See >>39451858

Looks like you're in luck OP. Now never smoke another one again and keep making health gains.
>>
usually when you quit smoking is when the cancer catches up to you. if you just kept smoking your body would keep trying to adapt to the accumulate tar and you would be okay. but when you quit, your immune system quit also.
>>
>>39451931
bullshit
BULLSHIT
>>
File: 1477360101306.png (508KB, 472x605px) Image search: [Google]
1477360101306.png
508KB, 472x605px
>>39451840
good goy

all ready to be a pawn for the government, because some afghani skiing congregation told you it's the "redpilled" thing to do

all ready and willing to die for a government and populous that doesn't give two shits about you
>>
>>39451987
wait are you the jew or the jew jewing the jews

also I'm going to program computers for the chair force, ain't even a thing, brah
>>
>>39452008
>>39451840
on second thoughts, keep smoking.
>>
Nobody got their answer right so listen to me OP

Research has shown that smoking while young (< 30) causes very little increase in risk of cancer. But if you keep smoking after, risk increases very fast (especially after 40 yo)

That's because when you are young, your body has much more capacity to repair it's DNA.

You made the right choice
>>
>>39453365
Sauce? I'm a social smoker, usually have 2-3 cigs a week if I'm going out. I've only been smoking for 2 years but I have periods where I'll go a month without smoking and then get back on if I'm drinking more.
>>
File: 1477584580113.png (195KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
1477584580113.png
195KB, 900x688px
yeah your getting lung cancer and im KEKKING

FUCK YOU SMOKERS
>>
>>39451792
There's these little micro hairs that gets rid of debris and shit in your lungs. Smoking hot ass air fucks with them so they stop working.
Given time to repair they probably kicked into gear and have started doing their job.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.