[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1478445175136.jpg (236KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478445175136.jpg
236KB, 1600x900px
Has anyone of you been to, or considered joining the French Foreign Legion? Tell me about your experiences with it, or military in general.

Also how hard is it to get in, and does it give any options after the initial 5 year service?
>>
Isn't that tank Polish?
>>
>>39450075
Yeah, it's that "invisible tank" prototype. I just took the first military related thing I had saved.
>>
>>39450124
>"invisible tank"
>clearly visible

Poland, eh?
>>
>>39450143
stop being a moron

It's clearly invisible in the same way F-117, B1B, PAK-FA, J-20, J-31 or F-22.
Both USA and Russia are building Stealth ships.

PL-01 is a small tank, it's more like a reckon vehicle with 105mm main cannon (possible 120 in the future, but doubt it) It's just got crew of 3 and will weigh around 30t-35t

It will be fitted with a fire extinguishing system in the turret and hull, internal radio communication system, active anti-projectile protection system, battlefield management system, cooling exhaust system, thermal masking system, and air conditioning filters. The crew are provided with special seats to minimize the physical effects of nearby explosions. In addition, the vehicle may be equipped with a satellite navigation system and friend-foe identification system.
>>
Knew a guy who joined. He pretty much skipped out of it first possible chance and joined the australian army. It is apparently fucking horrible.
>>
>>39450189
If it's Polish, why aren't there three white stripes painted down the side?
>>
>>39450070
Shit pay, shit food, shit deployment. Only plus one plus be a French citizenship offer, learning French and using it as a conversation starter.
>>
>>39450356
adidas people are gopniks, they host in russia and post cccp nations, poland never had gopniks but its a common mistake
>>
>>39450070
There was a show called body hack and one episode had the guy spend some time training with the French legion, I didn't see it but it looked pretty brutal.
>>
>>39450189
its literally fucking useless

all it will do is make thermal optics and weapons systems which aquire heat signatures SLIGHTLY less effective

but considering it has an active defense system they obviously dont think it will prevent missile locks
>>
>>39451534

Saw that episode. It looked like pure hell to me.
>>
>>39452559
Yeah, from the ad it looked like he almost drowned at one point?
>>
Unless you join the American, British maybe Russian or Chinese army or any other nation likely to actually go to war, it's basically a tax paid hobby.

Get paid to learn discipline, get in shape and shoot a rifle. Breddy good.
>>
I think they want you to have a university education, have french obvs and go shoot muslims, south american cartel enforcers or some niggers. Not to bad
>>
>>39453374
You're both politically and grammatical illiterate. Please kill yourself.
>>
from what i remember from old /k/ threads

how hard is it to get in:
depends, for a while the legion was a safehaven for russian criminals on the run. afaik they check you a bit more now unless they need more soldiers.

options:
if your french is good enough, you may go career soldier, if not, you're stuck with grunt.
>>
I'm a prior infantry Marine and have done a lot of research before coming to the conclusion to no attempt to join, instead I contract wich ended up being a much better choice imo. What do you want to know? What country are you from?
>>
>>39452883
They get deployed all the time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.