[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Down 30 pounds wat do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: belly-fat.jpg (56KB, 468x310px) Image search: [Google]
belly-fat.jpg
56KB, 468x310px
I'm a newbie who was rather fat and has lost a decent amount of weight and am looking for advice on what to do next. Went from BMI of 29 down to 24 through diet.

I'm 5'9" started at 195 pounds now down to 165 pounds, all through diet changes. At the moment I still have some fat, just stomach though. Muscle tone at the moment is very low, I am assuming I lost any muscle I had when I lost the 30 pounds.

What I'm unclear on is if I can start lifting now and if so if I should be eating above my TDEE given that I still have fat I'd like to lose in general? I had been maintaining a 500-1000 calorie deficit while I lost the weight. If I eat above TDEE will that fat disappear as I gain muscle gradually or is it better if I continue to just stick to my diet and lose more weight first?

Pic-related what I used look like, stomach not as big now, no measurable fat anywhere else.
>>
>>39441652
Read sticky.

You got a goal body? Do you want to be twink? DYEL mode? This will solve the problem of bulk or cut. For the record I think 150ish is the healthy body weight for your height. But that assumes no muscle what so ever.

Bulking will build muscle and burn some fat. Keep in mind you can't get rid of all of it but will "wear" it better. When you bulk use the calcular and follow what it says with weight lifting.

Cutting is doable but a pain in the ass. Unless you're doing gymnastics, swimming, or something else that requires you to be light, I can't see the point in going that low.

How long have you been cutting?
>>
>>39441920

Goal body closer to DYEL. The reason I was thinking of changing the whole routine is I've been at this for close to year now and was hoping i could switch over since it's getting a bit "stale" with the constant routine. I also feel tired/unmotivated a lot lately which I am assuming stems from the calorie deficit.

Took about 8 months to do it but did it over the course of a year. I had to take some time off at one point and ate at maintenance, didn't make any progress but did not gain either. At my pace it would take another 4-5 months to drop down to 150.
>>
>>39441995
If you got to 150 do you think you'd like the maintenance diet + exercise? Probably not.

Shake things up. Try weight lifting if you want mass. It takes very little to look buff to the average fool. If you want a more slender look then try bodyweight/gymnastic style workouts. You can do them with minimal equipment and obtain a muscular yet slim look.

If you are dead set on that 150, then I have to tell you lifting may become depressing as you simply won't have the muscle to see signicant progress beyond starter strength. On the inverse BW will become easier.
>>
I just took some measurements, 36" waist but 40" at widest on stomach.

I'd prefer to bulk than cut down to 150 as long as I won't be fucking things up somehow by leaving this large fatty area untouched for now. Would it be easier to remove it later when cutting and having a much higher muscle mass to start with?
>>
>>39442850
Yes.

We're all different but I had roughly a 36 waist at 200 (your height btw). However I also had more muscle on me. I went on a cut and lost 25. This resulted in my waist going to about 30 (never measured stomch but can currently see abs).

Your stomach is always going to be a stubborn area. So long as your keep your diet clean then you won't gain too much fat there as you build up. And you will avoid looking like a lanky kong with a pot belly.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.