[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with Crossfit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 758553537.jpg (109KB, 940x1195px) Image search: [Google]
758553537.jpg
109KB, 940x1195px
What's wrong with Crossfit?
>>
File: hlxjgwy.gif (497KB, 434x347px) Image search: [Google]
hlxjgwy.gif
497KB, 434x347px
it focusses on calisthenics which is good
>>
I dont have a problem with people who do crossfit. Alot of the guys that have been doing it for a while have pretty great physiques. I do have a small problem with alot of the coaches though. Alot of them take a course over the weekend and then they think its okay to make untrained 40 year old women to high intensity training involving alot of complex movements like snatching/deadlifting/overhead squatting, cleaning. It just is irresponsible alot of times because these beginners have no true grasp of technique and end up bending and snapping due to the high intervals. Its just kinda irresponsible but if youre already an advanced lifter, by all means go crazy on crossfit.
>>
Shitty qualification process for owners.(which leads to bad trainers and a whole host of issues)

Not particularly "beginner friendly"
The sacrifice of form for speed.
Poorly structured events.
Pseudo Science is rampant.

Honestly gets a bad rap because of the small% of shitty locations/trainers
>>
Also it's goal seems to be turning weight lifting into a cardio work out. Instead of practicing proper and form, you're trying to do as many reps as you can at a fast pace. It's a recipe for broken bones, muscle tears, joint damage, etc.

Been going to the gym for 3 years, and every new skeleton girl or skinny fat guy that comes in and starts with crossfit gets injured within a month and never come back.
>>
High intensity is good
Bad form is bad
>>
>>39438646
It's a cult that shills badly structured badly thought out workouts and working themselves into the ground, nearly killing themselves and setting themselves up for permanent life destroying injuries as a good thing.

It's basically evil.
>>
It seems like a tragic corruption of 'no pain no gain' where novices think the further and faster they push themselves into discomfort, they MUST be making progress.
>>
File: 1479290877330.png (184KB, 267x413px)
1479290877330.png
184KB, 267x413px
>>39438646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hjeb1YCR3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg
>>
>>39438878
So you've never done it then. Cool.
>>
>>39438646
The same thing that's wrong with feminism. It's fine when it's what it says it is. but, It's gotten so big that the inevitable morons started to join and come up with their own ideas without anyone to slap them in the face and tell them to stick to commonsense.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.