[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dancing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

What do you guys think about dancing as a form of exercise? Its not really a dedicated sort of high intensity thing, but its fun and you get to meet people.
>>
Probably a good way to meet people.
Can't hurt to be a better dancer either.
Not a bad idea/10.
>>
File: 1476821200936.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476821200936.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>39436828
I never look graceful when I dance, even when I learn all the moves and can read my partner's cues (salsa), because while I do them correctly - technically - I just look like an alien who was told what dancing looks like, or a machine that was programmed to dance according to some predetermined hardcoded move sets. I do it correctly, but I don't look graceful, which is the most vital thing to be for a dancer.
>>
>>39436828
Ballroomfag here. It's ok for cardio and mobility, good for coordination. Social aspect is great but it depends on the style and the local scene - ballroom you meet a lot of middle aged ladies, swing tends to attract SJW types, salsa is more club types. At least in my city.
>>39438579
>I do it correctly, but I don't look graceful, which is the most vital thing to be for a dancer.
Nah dude, not for salsa anyway. Most important part of any social partner dancing is the connection and lead/follow. The girl you're dancing with isn't looking at you going 'omg he looks like a robot', she's feeling the lead and going 'omg I don't know what he just led me in to but it felt awesome'. Different if you do performances or if you do ballet or something.
>>
>>39436828
Ballroom is fucking fun.
Always cool to pop out a bit of jive or samba with your partner.
>>
File: skwl8svogtxx.jpg (70KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
skwl8svogtxx.jpg
70KB, 640x960px
>>39439214
Fuck samba.
>>
>>39436828
How do you guys start dancing? I'm 25 and can't dance for shit... Never tried, but when I try some moves alone I feel j have no rhythm and feel like an idiot.
>>
>>39439368
Pick a style and go take lessons. Most partner dancing styles will have a beginner's class followed by social dancing (they just put the music on and you grab a girl and go dance). Don't worry about feeling like an idiot, everybody sucks on their first night.
>>
>>39439425
Lol fuck I'm a neet. I'll do it tho, any tips btw on how to loosen up the body, get that rhythm ?
>>
>>39439461
Listen to the radio and dance along in your car. You want to listen to the rhythm, not the melody (it'll sound something like ONE two Three four FIVE six Seven eight for most songs, usually percussion or base)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82haNPKa1W0&t=60s
That video has a waltz rhythm (ONE two three FOUR five six) but you should be able to get the idea.
>loosen up the body
If you do some kind of exercise I wouldn't worry about it, we get people who can barely walk in beginners and we get them moving pretty easily. Don't try too hard and have fun, it'll come.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.