[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long it took you to get from 1 pl8 bench to 2 pl8 bench?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: winter_summer_piechart.jpg (116KB, 640x865px) Image search: [Google]
winter_summer_piechart.jpg
116KB, 640x865px
How long it took you to get from 1 pl8 bench to 2 pl8 bench? It feels like I just can't do it, been stuck at around 75-80 kg for 6 months (lifting on and off, obviously)
>>
probably about a year desu
had a shit routine back then tho
>>
>>39435695
>lifting on and off
Found your problem.
>>
>>39435695
>lifting on and off
>eating big on and off
>sleeping properly on and off

Never gonna make it
>>
>>39435695
I'm taking it serious but I'm also a 5'9 manlet. I hit a 1pl8 bench about 3 months in and now almost 6 months later I'm just 10lbs away from 2pl8.
>>
File: JUST ROID MY SHIT UP.jpg (161KB, 1600x1135px) Image search: [Google]
JUST ROID MY SHIT UP.jpg
161KB, 1600x1135px
>>39435809
>5'9
Literally the perfect athletic height
>>
>>39435821
My current max for snatch is 135lbs and 160lbs for the clean and jerk, but I can't go ATG in the front and overhead squat position, so it's more like I'm doing power snatches and cleans.
>tfw shit dorsiflexion and hip mobility
I'm working on it.
>>
>>39435755
>>39435809
Alright. I'll be more consistent and check in 6 month.

My current job requires me to travel a lot, any suggestions to keep the gains?

The usual pattern is that I come back from a work trip, hit the gym for 2-3 weeks and then I have to go on a work trip again (about a week or so). When I come back, it's a lucky day if I manage to repeat my previous workout, but more likely I'm a few reps short from it (and it takes the same couple of weeks to get back there)
:\
>>
>>39435877
Honest question, is your job more important to you than making gains? If it is, you should come to terms with the fact that your job doesn't allow you to be serious about lifting. If you always have to travel, throw off your daily routine, sleeping and eating patterns, you can't expect to give your full performance in the gym and that's okay. That's what life is about, making compromises. But if the gym is more important to you, look for a job where you can just work 9-5, always prepare your food, consistently go to the gym at least 3 times a week and sleep 7-9 hours every night.
>>
File: john haack.jpg (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
john haack.jpg
56KB, 640x360px
>>39435833
I'm not saying you should go into weightlifting or anything, Ilya is just one of many examples of top athletes with a height of 5'9
>>
>>39435695
You mean 1rm right?

Right guys...?
>>
>>39435980
I always consider 1/2/3/4 to be 5rm. As soon as you're lifting actually respectable numbers for powerlifting is when you should start to refer to your maxes about your 1rm.
>>
>>39435695
lanklets already start at a huge disadvantage for benching. The distance your arms have to cover for just one rep is much longer than normal. You're fucked m8.
>>
>>39436005
>you don't have the perfect starting point so just give up lol
>you didn't win the genetic lottery with FACE FRAME HEIGHT and you didn't win the literal lottery or have rich parents so you might as well kys
This is what you sound like.
>>
File: 1479188041414.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1479188041414.png
696KB, 633x758px
>>39436005
That's what I tell myself too with 175lb bench at 405lb deadlift.
>>
>>39435949
Thanks for your advice, senpai. My job is important for me, at least until I finish my current contract. I hope to have a more relaxed one after that, which will allow to unleash my full tupperware collection
>>
>>39435980
I usually up the weight only if I can get 8 good form reps with the current one
>>
>>39436106
That's retarded.

Do 28 free programs 3x beginner bench and enjoy your newfound bench gains.

Also remember to pause all your reps.
>>39436043
You too.
>>
>>39435695
first time I tried bench was in highschool and I did bodyweight for 1 at 170lbs (5'9)
then some years later after training oly lifting and rings I tried bench again and did 2pl8 for one
so a few years, but no bench training in between
>>
>>39436186
Weighted pushups or dips? It seems kinda unbelievable that chest strength just comes out of nowhere. I mean if you look at old time strongmen who didn't train chest, they were strong as fuck but had no real chest to speak of. Just look at sandow as an example.
>>
>>39436124
What program are you referencing to? What's "28 free programs"? This one? http://muscleandbrawn.com/5x3-bench-press-program-workout-routine/
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>39436536
greg nuckols
>>
>>39436124
not necessarily retarded, i think his issue is probably diet and consistency and not anything else

but yeah 28 free programs, beginner bench 3x a week and a consistent diet should unfuck your bench real quick
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.