[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTs are full of shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: aa.jpg (8KB, 259x194px)
aa.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
I didn't know that they try to sell their 1 on 1 training like a shoe salesman. Is that how the fitness/gym industry works? It's fucking annoying, i am telling you.
>>
>>39434805
i always wondered, do PTs that work in commercial gyms have some sort of training or can anyone become one by simply applying for the job?

i see them all the time teaching some shitty exercises to new people
>>
>>39434844
Generally you have to have a certificate in sport training or some shit, for a commercial gym at least.
>>
>>39434844
Usually you have to have a personal training course, which doesn't have any pre requisites other than a Instructor Course.

The energy system and diet side of a PT course is pretty bog standard, the training side is non existent. It's utter garbage and anybody wanting a PT should ask them for testimonials of their previous clients, and they should be in good nick also.

>source
I own a gym and we employ PTs. Charge them £400p/m ground rent and they can train whoever at whatever price. All are alright but you do get some with an inflate ego that are horrific trainers.
>>
>>39434954
by employing you mean basically just renting your gym for them to train their clients. you are not technically employing them as I understand. This makes more sense actually instead of giving them a salary just to teach machines.
>>
>>39434805
>someone who is paid per training session tries to sell you training sessions
Really makes you think
>>
>>39434844
Depends where you live

Here in aus you need a cert 4, but you can get it from a government tafe, taking six months full time, or from some internet meme degree site in 2 weeks online

Thanks liberals
>>
Pretty much.

It's a shit gig, you have to pay gyms rental fees. In sydney fitness first charges around $400 a week and in some places like the CBD it's nearly $600 a week.

Even to train someone in a park is like $600 a month just on insurance.

I'm also fucking fed up with skinny PT's trying to tell me how to do shit. Like fuck off you twink I could bicep curl you.
>>
why do people need PTs anyway? are they status symbols?
>>
>>39435063
They're essentially babysitters/paid friends for people that are too intimidated by the gym and need their hand held or people that just dgaf and want to blab at someone.
>>
>>39435046
That's why I joined a powerlifting gym mate. I just got so sick of watching these idiots spout their stupid shit and get their clients to do the most memey stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.