[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this be too much volume/not enough rest for a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1478710059066.jpg (416KB, 1507x936px) Image search: [Google]
1478710059066.jpg
416KB, 1507x936px
Would this be too much volume/not enough rest for a complete novice

Monday,wed,fri
squat 3x5
bench 3x5

Tuesday, Thursday,Saturday
deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5
>>
The real question is why would you do such a shitty program?
>>
>>39434337

Too much volume? Doubt it.

But you're in for a rough week or two at the start.
>>
>>39434344
I like practicing different lifts 3x a week and feel better when I work out almost every day
>>
I also have a home gym so i can take as long a warmups and rest as I want. Big plus
>>
>>39434337

there's no recovery in there and you're going to stall at pathetic weight as a result

just do a starting strength variant
>>
>>39434337
you need rest, dumbass.
>>
>>39434337
why don't you just do SS? unlike your shitty routine it has actually been tweaked by real world experience over several decades to achieve a near optimal balance of stress and recovery. it's an extremely efficient routine that looks the way it does because trial and error has shown it to work best that way. yet everyone wants to add their own modification that is pretty much guaranteed to make it worse.
>>
>>39435696
What should I add to SS for muh aesthetics though
>>
>>39434337
I think everyone in this thread is probably a little too pessimistic. You seem like a complete beginner, so SS would probably be a better idea but that doesn't mean you can't do that program. When the weight's still light, you can pull off a 6 day linear progression full body workout easily but very quickly you'll be reaching a point where you won't be able to go heavy 6 days a week. You'll have to start incorperating light days or even skip workouts altogether. Doing no assistance also will increase your chance of injury and might leave you with certain muscles underdeveloped.
>>
>>39435728

You shouldn't worry about fucking aesthetics until you got good form and are strong enough.

That said, don't get out of shape, just keep lifting with proper form until your body gets used to the movements.
>>
>>39435728
Face pulls, lateral raises, curls and maybe cable crossover for upper chest. Everything else get's hit well enough.
>>
>>39435728
do whatever accessory exercises you want at the end of the workout, as long as they don't cut into the main lifts.
>>
>>39434337
>Would this be too much volume/not enough rest for a complete novice
yes
and its a garbage program OP
your back would look like shit...and your front too.
just do a program written by someone who is not a "complete novice"
>>
>>39435728
You should ditch that t-rexifying shit and do le reddit PPL.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.