[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 44

File: 1474755882399.jpg (1MB, 1151x1563px) Image search: [Google]
1474755882399.jpg
1MB, 1151x1563px
QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

I didnt see one up.

Is is strange that I buttwink like a motherfucker on my squats unless I specifically make an effort to ignore that part of my squat? Basically if I focus on keeping lower back arched or flat or hips from folding under, they do it anyway. But if I completely neglect it and just let my ass end up where it ends up, it looks great.

Will this come back and bite me? Or is it fine?
>>
>>39425995

Is there any difference between cable hammer curls and dumbbell hammer curls?

Specifically forearm activation?
>>
>>39425995
Buttwink is a bit of a meme and in most cases isn't going to cause harm providing you are braced properly.

A lot of buttwink looks worse because of how the waist band of shorts moves as you squat.

>>39426007
There's not a huge amount of difference in my experience. I've always found cable curls more challenging for my bicep and I think this is because the tension is continuous unlike dumbbell hammer curls.

Ultimately forearm activation will be greatest with whichever curl allows you to move the most weight. Dumbbell hammer curl probably should have more forearm activation because there is more stabilisation of the weight occurring and I'm assuming you are moving more weight (because it's slightly easier to cheat when your bicep is fatigued).
>>
does my forearm still get worked if i deadlift with over-under grip and use straps
>>
>>39426022
The waistband thing makes sense. Is there any way for setting up other than taking my pants off that would allow me to better judge?
>>
>>39426029
Over/Under just gives you a significant mechanical advantage. You still need grip strength to hold the bar, which is entirely you.

Straps lets you get away with less grip strength.

For a hobbylifter straps unnecessary. Straps shouldn't really be used unless you're a powerlifter in my opinon.
>>
>>39426052

but wouldn't using straps allow you lift more weight (work muscles more)?
>>
Any recommendations for challenging ab (core) exercises that need no weights, are not planks or plank variations?
>>
>>39426079
I mean, sure. But grip failure on deadlifts with mixed pretty uncommon.
>>
>>39425995
While using the flat bench, why do people stop their range of motion before the bar hits their chest? I consider this an incomplete rep, am I missing something?
>>
>>39426084
Hollow holds
Dragon flags
Front Lever and its progressions
>>
File: 1479294633630.jpg (54KB, 367x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479294633630.jpg
54KB, 367x599px
>>39426084
>abs
>>
For a flat footed person with orthotics (Need to wear them while squatting or I find my knees going way too far forward) what type of heel am I looking for in a shoe if i want to squat low bar? Any shoe reccomendations?
>>
>>39426107
Dragon flags?
What's a good way to progress to be able to do those?
>>
>>39426191

>low bar
No

>knees too far forward
Sure it's too far? Some knee travel often is ok depending on when it happens, where the weight is and your overall form.
>>
>>39425995
Best back exercises for dumbbells with no pull up bar? I do rows and reverse flies every other workout, worrying about my small chest in comparison to my back so am benching every session.
>>
I had a huge spike of energy and restlessness last night and have only gotten about 6 hours sleep and feel full of energy. I only skipped out on the last set of my workout because I didn't feel like it, I could have carried on.
Basically, I'm kinda worried. I tend to sleep 10-12 hours a night due to meds.
>>
File: 1439826453096.png (208KB, 1200x958px) Image search: [Google]
1439826453096.png
208KB, 1200x958px
Would it be effective to have all your compound exercises on day A and all your accessory exercises on day B? Or should I divide compounds and accessories between A & B equally?

Thanks
>>
What's the best way to lift and do cardio?
>>
>>39426503
separate a segment of your workout for lifting and another segment for cardio, in that order.
>>
>>39426191
Do you have functional or structural flat feet?
If it's the former, try foot arch strengthening exercises.

If you let your foot arch go flat, you can bend at the ankles more.
To mitigate this, use shoes that compensate for ankle dorsiflexion, like olympic weightlifting shoes.
Adidas, Nike and Reebok have some models of those.
The more expensive Adidas and Nike weightlifting shoes have a higher heel, which would be preferred.
>>
>>39426513
So no cardio on rest days?
>>
>>39426536
What's your goal? You can very well do cardio whenever you like, if it were me i'd probably go lighter on rest days since you know.... the body does need rest after all.
>>
>>39426545
Weight loss mainly
>>
>>39425995
>45 plate for the bottom
B R E H H H
>>
>>39425995
IT WILL COME BACK TO BIGHT YOU
I'm in snap city right now because of this.
I only had slight butt wink, I have been squatting ass to grass.
Only go down as far as you can without bending your lower back forward
>>
>>39426583
Yeah I'd suggest HIIT to get you in and out with cardio, look it up. On rest days probably something more low intensity.

Try it out and see if it works for you, otherwise make adjustments. Good luck!
>>
>>39426191
Your knees probably aren't going too far forward. Knee travel is almost as much of a meme as buttwink.

I have incredibly flat feet and squat in oly shoes with no orthotics.

>>39426597
Probably not buttwink that caused this but poor core strength and improper bracing. Buttwink can be a symptom of this but it isn't the cause.
>>
>>39426583
I suggest treating cardio as a supplemental activity instead of a core part of your exercise. For losing weight first concentrate on your diet, then concentrate on having full productive weight lifting sessions, then last concentrate on working some cardio in.

The main benefits of cardio are non-weight related. It helps your heart/lungs/brain, blood flow, can loosen up tight/sore muscles, all that good stuff, but last on the list is "it burns a few calories". Burning a few calories is great but you can lose weight with just proper diet, and weight lifting is great for weight loss for a whole bunch of reasons that are in the sticky.

All that being said, do any cardio you like that does not interfere with your weight program. If you just walk 20-30 minutes on a treadmill on a low incline, that gives you lots of the benefits of cardio. If you can handle a few HIIT sessions during the week without affecting your squats, then go for it. However don't push yourself and make yourself sore to the point where you can't do weights the next day.
>>
>>39426651
High intensity 'giant sets' or super sets with antagonistic muscle groups done for high reps with short rests is good cardio and can be useful for squeezing in some extra volume at the end of a workout while increasing your work capacity.
>>
Do I need cardio if I'm a skinny hardgainer trying to put on muscle?
>>
>>39426667
>hardgainer
You need to eat more and try harder.

Cardio is always useful though. Increasing work capacity helps with recovery and lets you get more out of your workouts.
>>
Noob here, still on a beginner program, just two months in.

What's the "best" way to treat a lift you're stalling on? Say I'm supposed to do a 5x5 but I can only do 3x5 at the scheduled weight.

Do I keep trying to do the last two sets with the intended weight and fail?
Do I lower the weight a little and finish the 5x5?
Do I just stop for the day and try again next time?
>>
>>39426695
lower the weight, every time
>>
>>39426662
Brian please go
>>
>>39426731
I thought he was meming but I added them to my pragramming because they looked fun and high volume days have become so much easier than they used to be.

I reckon it fixed my nagging elbow discomfort as well.
>>
How to fullbody when working manual labor? I'm digging and moving stuff 10 hours a day, sometimes more. How do you other construction brehs do it? I'd upper lower if I felt confident on my ability to progress with the squat and deadlift on the same day right now.

How does this seem? Any 4 day full body programs out there? I'd run GSLP but I want to place more of an emphasis on the deadlift.

A
Ohp
Deadlift
Overhead shrug and neckwork

B
Squat
Pendlay row and seated calve raise
Reverse grip Bench

ABxABxx

Practicing power clean form, to become main back movement.
Optional chins, and landmine lateral raises whenever.
Daily 100 band facepulls maymay
Going up 5lbs a week

Not going to bother with running for a while either
>>
>>39426832
Don't see the point in doing overhead shrugs or seated calf raises.

What's your programming and progression like?
>>
>>39426832
3 days should be plenty especially since you may have compromised recovery from m,anual labour.

If not, Run GSLP and add an extra day of whatever you like as long as you aren't going crazy and burning yourself out. Use it as a day to drill good movement patterns with light weight for a lift that feels weaker or just use it to have fun and a get a nice pump.
>>
File: Milk--UIER_.jpg (172KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Milk--UIER_.jpg
172KB, 1024x683px
How do I get THIS vascular?
>>
>>39426875
Dont get milked for a few days so start doing nofap
>>
Whats the benifit of 5x5 compared to 4x12 which is what everyone in my Gym seems to do?
>>
>>39426857
Seated calve rases for calve work, and overhead shrugs because I've got a Shoulder health concern, trap gains and I just like them.
>>39426870
I can't deadlift and squat twice a week on GSLP.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Is this routine legit?
>>
>>39426922
Why can't you squat or deadlift twice?

Just add squats to an extra day.

Just had a thought that your 4th day would be a decent day to do variation of the big 3. eg, sumo deadlift, close grip bench, front squat

>>39426930
Yeeah, looks good for what it is
>>
>>39426870
Forgot to mention
It's four days so I can split up the three into shorter sessions, while getting everything in.
>>
>>39426922
Seated calf raises only target a small part of the calves, namely the soleus muscle.
Do them standing to use the larger gastronomicus muscles too.

You can cause shoulder problems by doing (dynamic) overhead shrugs.
Instead, use a heavy weight (push press or jerk it) and just hold it overhead for some time.
>>
>>39426944
If time in the gym is the reason then just do it however allows you to get the total number of sets in each week that should be doing.

Get your work in for the big 3 and then use whatever time left for everything else. After a couple of weeks you should get an idea of what works for you
>>
Im training stronglifts. If I play squash (and I play really hard) should I skip one day after it before going to the gym?

When I bench press I am able to lift the weight but I don't feel any muscles working, does it mean that I'm doing something wrong, or th weight is to hi?

Thanks
>>
>>39426389
Anyone?
>>
>>39426980
Squash shouldn't impact your recovery for lifting that much if you are eating well and getting enough sleep.

As for bench press, it took me quite a while until I felt it in my chest. Basically you are just weak at the moment and need to practice the movement more and keep progressing.

>>39427006
Only worry if it becomes a regular thing. If it's a one off I wouldn't bother about it.
>>
>>39427006
Give it some time.
>>
File: carmen soo.jpg (66KB, 500x798px) Image search: [Google]
carmen soo.jpg
66KB, 500x798px
Why does fit hate machines?
Other than limiting the range of motion, what is wrong with using them?
>>
>>39427026
machines only isolate and at best are an accessory to your workout.
>>
>>39427026
Machines are actually pretty useful for targeting weak points and getting a bit of extra training volume into a workout.

The main problem is when peopel solely use machines and their lack of knowledge leads to them leaving some body parts weak and over developing others.
>>
>>39427026
This is in the sticky
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/11/why-weight-machines-are-bad-for-almost.html

Machines can be a useful tool for advanced guys, but you shouldn't build your main workout around them.
>>
>>39427026

>not as efficient
>illusory safety (they can even be dangerous)

but there are several machines that you can use for muscle growth
>>
I have problems with sleeping and I sleep 6hours MAX. usually 5+.
Is this bad for my training and what should i do?
>>
>>39427079
>>39427040
>>39427051
>>39427057
Thanks for the quick replies. Now I ask you to forgive the obviously new to this response.

>accessory to your workout
means the goal won't be achieved by using machines, yes? So what goal are you thinking of? Getting big, getting strong, what?

Or is it pretty much that machines alone will just not do a good job of building overall fitness and a reasonable level of strength (as the blog post seems to imply)?

And, obviously, why would "a lot of PTs recommend them" if they're not good for you?
>>
>>39427132
PTs recommend them because they have no clue what the fuck they're talking about, and because of the lower liability risk of machines that benefits the gym.
>>
What are just some real simple things I can eat? I'm not much of a cook and don't know what to do with any of the food I buy
>>
>>39426491
No one?
>>
frenchbros i need your help
i'll be moving to france in a week for work. my french is pretty decent bar my english accent, but i obviously know nothing about gym terminology.
what are some useful words? say what's a clean and jerk called? how do i ask someone if i can work in? that sort of thing
much appreciated lads
>>
>>39427343
As long as you get the same amount of work in weekly, it doesn't matter much.
>>
File: 1447634710303.jpg (237KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
1447634710303.jpg
237KB, 999x999px
>>39427397
Thank you!
>>
I herniated my Lower back doing deadlift wrong. Does it heal over time
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
Rate my squat form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKDOTSDlS8

Sorry for the memery I got a little bit carried away, but am I pushing my knees forward the way I'm supposed to?
>>
My index finger got a cut anda terrible got infected so now it's a swollen and bloody mass. Any workouts I can do without my finger hurting like hell?
>>
Will bench press help my pullups?
>>
Whats better for traps farmers carry or something like a clean or a high pull?
>>
Is doing 5x8 squats twice a week enough for legs? only have 3 gym days a week so no leg day.
>>
>>39427534
I had back problems, sciatica went away after I did RDLs and Front Squats instead of deadlifts and back squats for a while.
>>
>>39427732
Why not do full body all three days?
>>
To personal trainers out there.

Do you enjoy it, what made you want to become one?
>>
>>39427771
Does this work on all body types? I'm a recovering skelly with decent upper body(shit legs)
>>
>>39427680
no
>>
>>39425995
how many times random people give you shit or try to make fun of you?i wanna know if i'm just annoying and weak looking or is it normal
>>
I squat 70kg for 5 but deadlift 110kg for 5, why is my deadlift so much stronger when they both involve similar muscles?
>>
http://www.theladbible.com/now/viral-this-female-body-builder-reckons-shes-got-zero-body-fat-20161113
what do u think /fit/? Does she really have 0 % bodyfat?
>>
>>39427865
Deadlift has different set of mechanical limitations and uses those muscles in a different way.
>>
>>39427701
rack pulls above the knee, really stretch out traps
>>
>>39427865
try a squat plug, it raised my squat by 20kg
>>
I've been having a slight pain in my lower back after my heaviest dl and squat sets. I'm dling 245 and squatting 205. the pain always goes away after 5 minutes and I stretch everything afterwards though. I really don't want to fuck up my back, should I be worried?
>>
>>39427945
obviously not otherwise she'd be dead, very low but not zero
>>
I've only been lifting for like 3 months, doing GSLP, and my squat is shit, only 145, but my deadlift is 220, is this odd or do I just have good DL form and bad squat form? I've checked online for both and it seems good to me, could it just be differing muscle strength?
>>
I missed two days of lifting, then deloaded 10% because the app (SL5x5) suggested to.

My form is now a lot better.

What sorcery is this?
>>
>>39425995
How is sports authority as a brand? Looking at a weight set on craigslist. $220 for an oly bar of undetermined brand and 240lb/100kg of sports authority plates.
>>
File: Rot Golem.jpg (68KB, 473x576px) Image search: [Google]
Rot Golem.jpg
68KB, 473x576px
Got tendonitis in both right wrist and elbow, so I stopped working out 10 days ago to let it rest; it still hasn't healed, and while still keeping my macros I'm beginning to feel like a fucking couch potato. What can I do to keep my muscles active, that won't cause me pain / inflame the tendons even more?
>>
/fraud/sters:
If I use steroids for say a month, and go off for the next 5 months, will I lose the muscle I gained since I won't have the same test levels after stopping?
>>
>>39427026
because /fit/ is in love with the big compound lifts and refuses to acknowledge anything else. once they sprain their back deadlifting or injure their quad squatting, a lot of them sing a different tune.
>>
how efficient is the circuit training for pure bodyfat burn?
a coach in my gym recommended that
>>
>>39428474
Eating less matters most.
Any type of movement burns bodyfat.
>>
how much weight/fat could I potentially lose by the end of the month if I did intermittent fasting and HIIT every day? that would be a caloric defecit every day on top of fat burning exercises.
>>
How to strengthen lower abs? I've seen some contradictory information that crunches will actually make ATP worse.

It's also been hard to strengthen up glutes. It feels like when I stand up and try to tighten my glutes it just makes my lower backtense
>>
I have lower back pain that occurs when i straighten my leg (near the tailbone)

however, it does not travel down ny leg whatsoever

Its gotten better over ~4 days

how fucked or unfucked am i
>>
squatting down while cumming feels really good to me. Why?
>>
>>39427586
Looks good to me. What helps me get through the last part of the squat (which looks like you struggle most) is pushing my knees to the sides to make my glute and quads work together. Nice song and memery, was fun.
>>
>>39427823
full body workouts work best for beginners (1-2yrs lifting)
>>
File: 1473884552517.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473884552517.png
37KB, 700x600px
I'm 2 months in on this routine and thinking about doing it 4 times a week.
Is it too much?
AxBxCxAxBxC....
>>
File: pic related maybe.jpg (39KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
pic related maybe.jpg
39KB, 728x546px
Are there any muscles I can focus on strengthening to reduce anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
I don't normally use caffeine, but I really need to pass this fitness assessment I'm taking tomorrow. Will taking caffeine beforehand help?
>>
Guys, when should I start wearing a belt for my lifts?

When squatting, deadlifting and pressing I find it very difficult to brace properly and it is starting to become a problem, should I try a belt and see if it helps me brace better?
>>
I'm currently doing 5/3/1 and want to cut soon, should I follow 5/3/1 with the progressive overload weekly or should I just lift my 5RM on my cut?
>>
I was at a concert earlier this week, with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while. He commented on my gains, and I kind of flexed ironically and made a silly joke about it. Some girl that was standing somewhere behind my friend saw it, smiled and nodded at me. D-did I make it?
>>
I have zero energy. I had a fever last thursday and felt like shit throughout the weekend. Thought I was fully recuperated by now but I tried to hit the weights and couldn't even get through half my routine at a decreased weight. Should I wait it out a bit more or is there anything I can do to take back my gains?
>>
>>39429235
If you've never used it don't start for something like this. If it's a morning thing have a nice breakfast of what you usually have (or not, if you're not used to having a big breakfast) and experiment with caffeine some other day.
>>
Been cutting for almost a year now. Today I did a DEXA scan and it confirmed how fucked up I am:

Arms, 10% fat.
Legs, 11% fat.
Torso, 29% fat.

All the fat drained from my arms and legs and decided to stick to my mid-section. Putting a number of the remaining blob of shit around my waist and thighs is horrific. What the fuck do I do? Keep cutting hard while doing my beginner routine (SL) and a bit of cardio? Or something else? I'm seriously at a loss of how to fix this.
>>
>>39429053
pls respond. will working abs, glutes, and hamstrings help?
>>
My lower back hurts on squats. The pain feels completely muscular and very tight and burning. The same pain is produced if I work my lower back hard even through a very simple exercise like superman holds long enough. I have absolutely no lower back pains outside of squats and the pain goes away after a few minutes of a different exercise.

Should I do something about this?
>>
>>39428799
bump

symptoms of herniated (not bulging) disc but no sciatica
>>
>>39429539
You have to keep going. Also: have you been very strict for this year or do you have lapses? Do you do cheat days/meals? What's your height/weight when you started vs now?

A lot of this shit is actual genetics. It's sometimes hard to fix, but not impossible.
>>
>>39429539
do common sense stuff to keep your skin healthy and able to bounce back
do cardio that keeps your love handles warm (running for me)
spot reduction doesn't work, but it kinda does by tiny margin
your stomach and sides will get comically flabby
cut harder (or not depending on where you started)
>>
>>39429535
It starts at 6am before I'd have time for breakfast. Would a big dinner work in its place? What downsides would I be at risk for if I take caffeine?
>>
Just a reminder your fitness questions deserve their own thread more than all the /r9k/ and /adv/ shit constantly littering this board and by posting in here you let them win.
>>
Hey anon,
what's your favourite rear delt exercise? My rear delts are lacking.
>>
>>39429813
Cant you just wake up earlier and have breakfast?
>>
>>39429719
>>39429761
I'm 171cm, started at 86kg and now I'm 65kg.

I've been doing a very strict 1300-1400kcal diet since December 2015, no real cheat meals/days, so I've been pretty consistent. I did 1.2k kcal for three months but that basically turned me into a zombie.

I started SL 5x5 in the last 4 months but progress has basically halted, so I now do some cardio on off days.

Right now I just have no idea if that's the right way to go or if I should make some drastic changes.
>>
>>39429831
Ehhh, I'd like to avoid that at all costs, but if having a meal beforehand is that important I'll hit the sack at 7 and wake up at 4:30 so I can have time for travel prep and breakfast.
>>
>>39429840
Either you keep cutting, losing weight. Or you start eating at a surplus and gain weight. You're not gonna make progress on SL5x5 if you're eating that little
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
Hello
Is keto actually faster weight loss than regular cutting? I've dropped a few pounds and have been fat my whole life so I'm looking for drastic ways to annihilate this prison I ate myself into that won't kill me.
Thanks in advance
>>
Is it possible to get allergic to peanuts if you eat too many of them?

I've been eating a 200g pack of unsalted peanuts per day for the last 2 weeks (I'm trying to bulk). Today, after eating my daily pack, my tongue feels inflamed and my gums a bit lesser so.

I'm getting scared, I have so much natty potential to untap using the power of peanuts.
>>
>>39429886
Did keto for a while, would not recommend. Start taking high amounts of green tea supplements, get on intermittent fasting and start lifting with many reps, few pauses. Enjoy your fat loss.
>>
How much do knee sleeves help? I've been using Rehbands since I started lifting and I like how they make me feel stable and warm my knees. If I squat without them it just feels off.

Do they really prevent injury? Do you find yourself being able to squat more or less with them?
>>
>>39429870
Depends on you man. Ever lifted really hungry? I personally feel weakened and wouldn't want to skip out on breakfast for a fitness test. Skipping breakfast and taking caffeine instead seems to me like a bad idea. Probably just gonna give you the shits.

In my own experience I'd rather take an hour or two less of sleep. Unless you lifted today it shouldn't affect your performance too much. Again speaking from my own point of view, lack of sleep doesn't really kick in until noon if I wake up around 6AM
>>
>>39429892
Eating too much of something can give you an allergy or intolerance.

It might be anything added to the peanuts like salt or something else you're allergic to.
>>
File: heem.jpg (25KB, 432x319px)
heem.jpg
25KB, 432x319px
Purchasing a gym card for 6 months tomorrow, I tried it out last year and now im just gonna go for it.
How do I start out? I dont know any lingo. I am skinny. And my joints are fucked from sitting for 8 years.
>basic starter routine
>mentally going to the fucking gym
A friend is also starting out, hes a literall skeleton.
>>
>>39429892
>>39429913
Whoops sorry didn't see you said unsalted

Try a different brand or type of nut if it continues, or just eat less of them. When I ate too many nuts I felt "inflamed" if that makes sense
>>
File: IMG_5949.jpg (53KB, 576x550px)
IMG_5949.jpg
53KB, 576x550px
>>39429822
Heres one that doesnt deserve its own thread:

Am i the only one who fucking loves tofu? Its probably my favorite non-carnivorous food
>>
>>39429927
As is the classic response; read the sticky. If you start out at the recommended low weights your "fucked joints" should have plenty of time to adapt.
>>
>>39429907
When I wake up for PT at 5 I don't feel any hunger or weakness until around 7 when I finish. Afterwards I have a big breakfast. I'd probably just throw up if I ate before the test, I feel nauseous enough without anything in my stomach. I guess I'll hold off on the caffeine this time around, will definitely experiment with it in the future though because the performance enhancing abilities of it seem interesting.
>>
how much weight do i begin with on starting strength? do i just start with the empty bar and add 5/10 lbs every workout, or can i start with some weight on the bar from the first day?
>>
>>39429938
>>39429913
Thanks for your input. Maybe I'll try reducing my intake of peanuts by mixing in some other nuts. Any suggestions? Cashews are my #2 choice, but they are very difficult to find cheap and unsalted. The cheap ones are almost always salted.
>>
>>39430000
If you're an actual beginner, no weight is for the best. I don't recall whether SS recommends you start with plates for deadlifts or not though.

It's still recommended to follow the program and start very light to reinforce movement patterns and form, but if you've got gym experience before with the movements you could start with higher numbers
>>
>>39430002
Try walnuts. I love putting them in the microwave for a minute or so, tastes so hnng. You can also try almonds, hazelnuts, or sunflower seeds.
>>
File: 1479258665858.jpg (87KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479258665858.jpg
87KB, 639x960px
I'm currently trying to bulk up until the new year, then I've decided I should cut. Right now I cook the majority meals by hand already, but I don't really measure calories. I heard from another thread on here that you can buy scales that will measure your food and tell you how many calories are in them.

What are those scales called, where can I buy them, and do you have any preference to brand/model?
>>
>>39430161
A scam.
>>
how long does it take to thaw a frozen chicken breast in the fridge?
>>
File: steak.jpg (387KB, 3264x2448px)
steak.jpg
387KB, 3264x2448px
>>39430185
Then how do I measure the amount of calories in my frozen steaks, anon?
>>
>>39430202
>that much decent-looking beef
>not instantly binning the shit-tier """lasagna"""
i'm italian and that pisses me the fuck off
>>
>>39430221
desu this is an old picture of the last two crates of beef I bought. The new picture I have is on my phone and I'm too lazy to post it.
>>
>>39430202
Where do you get so many steaks?
>>
>>39430246
The door to door steak salesman.
>>
>>39430246
at a steak dispenser?
>>
>>39430202

With a normal scale anon, then do the math, or if you're a non autistic (plebeian) punch it into an app that does the math
>>
File: steak 2.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
steak 2.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>39430274
Very well. Thanks, anon.

>>39430246
>>39430256
They actually deliver you chicken, fish, and pork too. I just prefer beef. This is from a different steak salesman, his selection isn't as good and is more expensive. But whatever, at least he showed up when I needed him most.
>>
>>39430082
oh yeah, guess i should have mentioned that
i don't have experience with the lifts, but i'm not exactly untrained since i've done some bodyweight and then weighted (but keeping similar movements) training before, to a point where i can do sets of pistol squats with a 20 pound backpack on and sets of pushups with a 60 pound backpack.
not saying that's supposed to be even remotely impressive, but i'm not a complete noob.
>>
>>39430350
I mean nobody is going to stop you from starting with a bit of weight but looking at it intelligently it's a long term hobby, and you're better of thinking in long term decisions. Lower weight now is more weight in three months.
>>
Does /fit/ recommend keto for an effective cut?
It seems too good to be true but I see how an abundance of proteins, fats and Ketone bodies would be beneficial for optimising muscle retention during weight loss

The idea of eating 150-200g protein a day all while keeping my food intake around 2000cals is orgasmic
Anyone here have any tips/experience they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance
>>
Been doing a routine that I really like, but seems to have much less volume than these workouts I read online with 8-10 exercises per session.

Is this enough volume for good growth?

Push/Pull split 4 days a week

Push
---------
-OHP 3x8
-Squat 3x8
-Weighted chest dip on rings 3x8
-Skullcrushers 2x12
-Ab routine

Pull
---------
-Weighted pulls/chins 3x8
-RDL 3x8 (with one of the pull days being 1x5 heavy deads)
-Yates row 3x8
-Slow bicep curl 2x15
-Ab routine
>>
>>39430622
keto is a fucking meme
as are all others meme diets
just eat under your TDEE
how much is up to you, if you're lifting heavy and eating loads of protons you can safely eat at a 1k deficit and lose very little lean mass

>>39430634
>no legs
>>
>>39430678
How is squatting an deadlifting 2x a week no legs....
>>
>>39430678
>squat/dl 4 times a week
>no legs
>>
>>39430634
Why no OHP? At least with DBS.

>>39430678
>squat on push
>rdl on pull

Is it hard to read?
>>
What pre-workout would anybody recommend? I used c4 50x and that was pretty good. I bought pre-grow max and tried it yesterday and noticed more of a pump with it and I never really felt fatigued at all during the workout
>>
>>39430719
OHP is literally the first exercise on push day.
>>
is there actually a reasonable chance that my skull will be crushed while doing skull crushers? they feel good on my tris but I'm not about to risk my life over them.

when I say "reasonable" I'm talking possibility of failing a rep and what happens if I do. I never fail squats, but I fail bench sometimes and get in the classic uncomfortable position. however, I also fail curls sometimes, but it doesn't matter because I can just not lift it. where do skullcrushers fall on this spectrum?
>>
>>39425995
>used to lift in college
>got injured and didn't get back into it
>several years later obtain neet gf
>have recovered and want to get back into shape
>she want get stronk
>go to her apartment gym
>she can't lift bar
>lift bar for her
>she can't do one rep
>move to machines
>she can't even lift machine without weight
>move to dumbbell
>10 lbs max curl, can't lift over head
>leg press max is low but I can work with this

Her legs and core are okay but arm strength is hilariously bad. She has 3 good "girl" push ups before her arms give out. How the fuck do I come up with a routine for her?
>>
>>39429555
yes, all of the above
>>
>Have extremely mild gyno
>start hitting gym and lifting to boost test
>gyno slowly goes away but for some reason sex drive feels abit lower possibly because no fap
>ask trainer about test boosters he says no
>ask doctor about test boosters he says no

Should i use natural test boosters?
>>
>>39431053
Take her swimming. Water resistance will help her build basic strength. Its used sometimes for physical therapy.
>>
>>39431053
how the hell is she that weak
>>
File: 1449812107392.jpg (390KB, 1200x753px)
1449812107392.jpg
390KB, 1200x753px
>>39426031
Wear pants that won't tighen up around your glutes/hamstrings at the bottom of a squat, something flexible like running shorts should work.
Or enter homegym and squat naked ballz hanging like a free man
>>
>>39425995

What does lifting and being fit do four your flaccid dick size if you are a grower (6.5" erect) and currently a fat bastard (240 lb) with a giant fat pad around his dick that currently looks flaccid like a fucking shrimp

Would being fit help me with this or will I have that disgusting shrimp even if I became fit?
>>
>>39431053
negatives
>do the first half of a pushup, then stop and reposition
>jump up, then do the secont half of a pullup
etc
>>
>>39431170
Losing the fat pad will help a lot, but some people are just growers. I have a tiny microscopic baby dick when flaccid but a reasonable 6" erect. The term is there for a reason.
>>
Is it ok to progress on SS like
Day 1 squat 135 3x5 145 2x5
Day 2 squat 135 1x5 145 4x5
Day 3 squat 145 5x5
Sometimes I can't move up and knock out 5x5.
>>
For SS, am I supposed to go to failure on my last rep? I don't necessarily feel sore after 3x5 but I don't feel like I could go up in weight.
>>
How much strength could be lost in a month?

Stress fracture on knee. Needs to be casted. Out of commission for probably 8 weeks.

Tennis elbow. Gotta quit lifting for 3 weeks or so.

Any way to not lose gains without roids?
>>
When do I need a spotters for lifting dumbbells?
>>
>>39431449
No, read the book.
>>
>>39429927
Stretch. A lot. Both before and after lifting. After being sedentary you'll have lost a lot of mobility and need get it back.
>>
>>39428370
are you retarded

less weight means more control hence thus better form.
>>
File: GURs6PMh.jpg (24KB, 195x481px) Image search: [Google]
GURs6PMh.jpg
24KB, 195x481px
How do I learn how to powerclean? I've watched so many videos and read SS but I just don't get it. I can write on paper what you're supposed to do, but when it gets to actually doing it, it feels so unintuitive and I feel like I'm going to destroy my neck. How do I stop being a retard?
>>
>>39431095
>natural test boosters

doesnt fucking exist you retarded. if you're getting sufficient vitamins it'll do jackshit.
>>
>>39428119
film yourself from the side, evaluate your own form or post it here
>>
>>39431555
start with just the bar,
>>
>>39428799
go to a doctor

I know that's not the answer you wanted but it's the best answer
>>
>>39429521
fully recover from sickness, then take a slight deload and your strength will be back before you know it
>>
>>39429827
pendlay rows and facepulls

any kind of horizontal rowing is good though
>>
>>39429886
learn to track calories and macros

it sucks at first but it gets very easy over time

I have never personally tried keto but I would personally recommend just cutting and lifting
>>
>>39429959
I can't get myself to eat it more than once a week at most

I know the phytoestrogen thing is supposed to be a meme when it comes to affecting hormone levels, but I don't want to take the risk
>>
>>39427945
No, at least 5%. Probably even higher because women always have a higher bodyfat percentage than men
>>
>>39431410
SS is 3x5

Read the book. You probably won't, but if you actually want to make it you should read it
>>
>>39431452
Number one priority for me would be not fucking myself up worse trying to lift when I shouldn't be

Recover properly and your strength and size will come back very quickly
>>
I sprained my wrist I'm pretty sure and now it hurts too bad to do curls, even with the ez bar.

My biceps are lagging... how do I work them despite this set back?
>>
>>39431555
I tried to teach a friend how to do it and he really struggled on getting the timing

It's a movement that requires coordination and timing more than most barbell movements

I would go through the art of manliness video on it and do that whole process in the gym. That's how I learned
>>
>>39431452
>>39431765
Thanks mate
>>
>>39431769
can you do chin ups?
>>
I've been feeling something in between my left outer elbow when lowering my arms during a press. This only happens when I'm lifting and goes to normal after.
>>
File: 1444413152140.jpg (176KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444413152140.jpg
176KB, 1024x1024px
So I was doing weighted dips, and immediately after my second set I felt a huge throb in the left vein on my neck and got a headache immediately. Did I just give myself an exertion headache, and if so how fucked am I? Tried benching again today and the same thing happened.
>>
I got a burning and tingling sensation in my lower back after warming up for deadlifts. I stopped working o scared of fucking it up further. Idk if to go to sick call because of it. What did i do to my back?
>>
For the people who struggled to lose weight for a while starting out but then eventually hit a stride, what changed? How did you finally manage stick to a diet? What was your mindset?
>>
How the fuck do I not bruise my shit up doing cleans? Like how is a metal bar with over 100lbs supposed to feasibly land on your shoulders from mid air without bruising?
>>
I started eating less (700 kcal deficit) and I was fine for 3 days but now I keep getting acid reflex at night. Help me pls, anti acids tabs aren't working. gum helps but I have to keep chewing until I fall asleep, I don't wanna choke on it one day.
>>
>>39432498
Get a better rack position. Elbows up high, bar should be on the meat of the deltoid

Also don't pull way, way too high. If you can clean 225, you shouldn't pull 135 as hard as you fucking can. It shouldn't have far to fall from its highest point to your shoulders

Also bend your knees a bit to soften it when you catch. I assume you're doing power cleans
>>
File: 654651089.jpg (153KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
654651089.jpg
153KB, 750x750px
I am a skinnyfat lanklet (6'2 180) and want to get rid of my belly fat, what is the fastest way to go about doing so?
>>
>>39432438
you have to track e v e r y t h i n g

even if you're fucking up. As you fuck up, you HAVE TO enter that shit in myfitnesspal

then when you come to your senses, instead of giving up, feeling like it's pointless, you're never going to do it, etc you have a concrete record of what you did and what not to do again
>>
>>39432682
do you eat late?
>>
>>39432907
As a skinnyfat, I recommend you get stronger and gain weight very slowly first.
>>
>>39432907
Up your protein intake significantly. I assume you don't track anything. Track macros/calories with myfitnesspal. Eat around maintenance.

Do SS (actually read the book)

Sleep at least 8 hours every night
>>
I'm doing intermittent fasting right now. Can I keep doing this till I reach my goal weight? Or is it more for a quick cut? I'm on an eternal cut, btw.
>>
>>39432974
if you like it, sure.

IF isn't magic like keenobawdy and some other people act like, it's mainly just good at managing your hunger when you're in a deficit

Meal timing is mainly a meme. With the exception of fasting for like 30 hours straight following your training (to be clear: don't do that), it doesn't matter that much when you get your nutrition

stats?
>>
>>39432943
No, I get most of my calories from breakfast, then have small lunch + fruit as a snack later. I don't eat dinner.
>>
>>39433012

The reason I started it is that I find it easier to not eat at all then to watch what I eat, that kind of thing. I had to move back into my parents place and they eat like complete shit, so if im trying to eat 3 meals a day type of thing, it's easy to snack on whatever shit they have lying around. If I cut myself off at 7pm till the following morning at 11am, I can do it no problem. So if it's not going to wreck my body/metabolism, I would like to stick with it.
>>
>>39433035
if it's lowering your caloric intake and making you happier, keep on keeping on
>>
>>39433057

Love you, friend.
>>
>>39431907
anyone?
>>
Should I do SS while cutting or would I not see the gains from it
And if I do SS can I replace barbell bench presses and overhead presses with dumbbells instead since I'm embarrassingly weak
>>
I started lifting on November 1st at 175 pounds and I've been lifting and trying to eat clean since then, lots of protein, but last week I was 172 and now I'm 168. Is that a normal variance, or am I not eating enough?
>>
>>39433152
Always lift even if you're cutting, especially if you're cutting, you'll still make noob gains, just temper your expectations and understand you won't lift that much but it's more important to be at a lower bodyfat. Lifting is to make sure you look good and not skinnyfat when you get there.
>>
>>39427026
Some of them are just injuries waiting to happen making you do unnatural movements like the hip abduction machine or the sitting leg curl one
>>
lower back and legs arent sore from deadlifting but my lats are sore as fuck

is this normal? its only like my 3rd time deadlifting, but my form looks correct in the mirror
>>
>>39433152
if you want to maximize strength gain, yes it would be your best option

you will get a whole lot stronger, just not as strong as you would in a caloric surplus

I would stick with barbell bench and ohp unless you literally can't do 3x5 with the bar with good form
>>
>>39433180
height and estimated bodyfat percentage?
>>
>>39433221
I think I'm about 15-20% body fat and 6'3" tall
>>
>>39433256
ok you are definitely not eating enough

170 at 6'3 is very light

At a bare minimum you should be eating at maintenance. Really should be slow bulking
>>
File: 1454984174316.jpg (33KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1454984174316.jpg
33KB, 319x440px
Weighted planks hurt my shoulders

Any weighted plank bros know how to fix this? I'm at 15lbs for 2:30 and my shoulders are giving out but my core could keep going
>>
>>39433270
Alright, thanks man
>>
>>39427853
they are just shit people, unless you're purposefully antagonizing them.
>>
>>39428408
if you don't have a confident knowledge of how steroids and your hormone levels work, then you definitely have no business fucking with them.
>>
Fatass here, trying to lose weight; started at 244, 5'7"(I know, I know) and down to 234-235 today. I'm doing SL5x5 and keto with boxing as my cardio. My question is, I've noticed my weight loss likes to go in batches; for about 3 weeks, I'll hover around the same weight, and then suddenly lose 3-4 pounds in the span of 2-3 days. Is this normal?
>>
so my roommate bought some protein powder(i'm too poor to buy some myself), and I've taken to just eating it with a spoon as it tastes pretty good.
What I'd like to know is, is it necessary to dissolve it in water in order to maximize absorption or does it not make a difference?
>>
>>39433180
bodyweight can vary drastically based on hydration, amount of poop inside the body, etc. Wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>39431863
Jesus I don't know why I didn't think of that, I've been doing pull ups this entire time. Thanks!
>>
Lifting consistently for about 1.5 months now. Got an offer for some free samples from the company that I buy my supplements from. Basically, I can choose anything from their catalog and have them send it to my house. I already have "the basics", i.e. creatine, whey protein, vitamin D, fish oil, caffeine. I'm thinking about going for their BCAAs, but it doesn't have the greatest reviews and it's a rather small amount compared to their other products. Can /fit/ tell me what I'm missing?
>>
>>39425995
If I take creatine for a year and stop taking it will I loose all the creatine gains since creatine just attracts water to muscles?
>>
I started lifting again yesterday after a 4 year hiatus.

I'm stronger than my CNS I think but I did chest and tris. Way heavier than I thought I could.

My right middle finger keeps moving on its own. Like it's fucking crazy and wont stop. My right tri hurts really bad but idk how that would affect my finger.

Is this normal or should I go to a nuerologist?
>>
File: Screenshot (399).png (24KB, 489x165px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (399).png
24KB, 489x165px
/g/ here,
I'm kinda fit, jog for an hour every day, use a rowing machine, nothing serious, but I wanna be able to exercise all the time I'm sitting at my desk working.
I'm wondering which of these two would be best for my back?
The mini one I'd be able to use in my current chair, the bigger one I feel like I'd be leaning forwards too much.
Any help would be nice.
>>
>>39431487
never stretch before lifting or any pysical activity. Stop giving advice.

>>39429827
rear pec flys

>>39430201
ask mommy how she cooks chicken tendies, google you retard

>>39431053
Wait. So... can she even have sex lmao? Does she use 2 hands to open car doors?

>>39431769
laying down bicep curls cables

>>39431921
just don't tryhard and do that last stressful rep

>>39433211
you either did ugly form, or you actually pulled it up a bit with your lats essentialy doing a row, or you dont have flexibility and it was pulling your back while you were hanging the weight

post form

>>39433312
planks are gay af, you dont need to tryhard your abs doing gay shit, just stick to laying down on your back do whatever you can there

>>39433489
it doesnt matter because it goes in you body but you better clean your teeth

>>39433792
you just did too much that's all. Did you fall for the ss meme? I recommend 3x10 and not even going for the last few reps. Muscles aren't used to shit starting all over again
>>
File: CalorieAccuracy_Table.png (83KB, 493x411px) Image search: [Google]
CalorieAccuracy_Table.png
83KB, 493x411px
>>39433837
Also I'm looking up about how machines calculate energy spent
(http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/how-accurate-is-that-calorie-reading)
And what I've read is basically saying the displays only show how much energy goes into the machines, not how much you've burned using them.
How do I know if my machine already factors for this just by multiplying the energy input by 4? (To take 25% efficiency to 100% of energy used?)
Thanks again, you're probably gonna save my life.
>>
any recommendations for cheap hoodies?
>>
I eat bananas, apples and broccoli for vitamins
Is this good enough or should I add something else?
>>
What are some /fit/ approved drinks? Kinda getting tired of drinking nothing but water and I need something else to drink that's still good and isn't full of sugar and other crap.
>>
File: 1477419606371.jpg (277KB, 324x632px)
1477419606371.jpg
277KB, 324x632px
>>39434411
Milk +
>>
>>39431140
Confirmed, I'm hitting the home-gym squat rack naked tomorrow...wonder why the hell I never thought of this.
>>
>>39434417
Anything else?
>>
>>39434479
Coffee, tea, natural juices?
>>
>>39433871
Didnt fall for SS meme. I did when I first became a /fit/izen in early 2011 though. Couldn't walk for damn near 2 weeks.

My routine now is based around compounds 3x 3-5 and 1 or 2 isolations at 3x6-8. Very light sub-45 minute routine.

I think it's maybe because I really busted my right tri. Never felt this before in the 2 years I lifted heavy. Freaky to have a finger jumping around by itself.
>>
>>39433929
Any generic department store. Fuck, even eBay.

Don't need to go all designer and shit.
>>
I just started lifting again after 2 years of being a fat ass, I used to do Back Squats on Monday, Deadlift on Wednesday, and alternate like that.
Would it be better to just do Front Squats and Deadlifts every workout instead?
>>
File: Snapshot_20161117.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20161117.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
I rage punched an edge of my closet and fucked up my hand.
>pic related
Four weeks have passed, and it only hurts when I grip something really tight. Like a barbell. :^(

Will this go away on its own or will I have to go to some kind of surgery or something?
>>
>>39434820
/fit/ is not a replacement for a doctor.
>>
>>39434889
Fuck off you fucking twat.
>>
>>39428862
t-thanks anon
>>
>>39434820
fucking lmao anon just relax for a second, don't go rage punching something again :^)
what the anon said was right, if the pain is unbearable then go to the doctor, if not then just stop being a pussy and wait for it to stop hurting.
>>
I have to change to mixed grip for my working set of deadlifts on GSLP. Since I'm afraid of assymetry - is there anything wrong with changing it to 2*3 and alternate the grip? Or do 3*3 and try to get the first set double overhand?
>>
>>39433694
Creatine retains water in the muscles which helps you get another rep in.

You will lose the water weight but you won't lose the extra muscle fiber you gained because you pushed yourself hard and got an extra 2 reps because of the creatine
>>
Will skipping give me juicy calves?
>>
File: 1278259947662.jpg (98KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1278259947662.jpg
98KB, 600x900px
I've had chronic neck pain in my right trapezius since August of 2016.
It's not intense pain, it is just nagging 2 or 3 on the pain scale, and on bad days it gets up to a 4 or 5. The pain never goes away.

I have been to my doctor, a chiropractor, and a physical therapist. I went to P.T. regularly for 12 weeks now, nothing helps. I have been out of the gym for 4 weeks now and it is not getting better or improving in any way. I make a conscious effort to sit up straight with my chin tucked at all times, and never slouch. However, the pain that I am experiencing feels too consistent to be a posture mistake. It is a constant dull roll that is always there, always in my neck and in my mid trap along the insertion.

I don't know what to do and have no options left. Where can I go?

I had a car crash in Fall 2014 that wrecked my car, but I walked away without a scratch. I don't know if this caused vertebral damage or something? However, I didn't have any symptoms until 11 months after the car accident, so I don't know if that's related.
>>
>>39433477
Yes

Just maintain a steady deficit, the number on the scale will always be a little erratic within a certain range but it will go down if you hit your deficit
>>
>>39435314
imbalances are a meme Tbh
>>
>>39435314
I don't know what sort of math or magic you're writing about in that broken english but what I do is
>warm ups with hook grip (or double overhand)
>max weight set 1 mix grip, set 2 switch mix grip, set 3 switch again, etc
>cool down sets with hook grip
>armap final set (1 or 2 plate) until grip fails
Maybe armap is stupid because deadlifts, but I don't seem to be dead so far.
>>
>>39435958
That sucks man

Have you tried lacrosse ball work?
>>
>>39435958
Twilight Princess 8.8
>>
>>39429906
>Do they really prevent injury?
no
>>
>>39430778
>is there actually a reasonable chance that my skull will be crushed while doing skull crushers?
are you serious?
bruise and a few stitches if you're a total putz
>>
>>39436089
You mean rolling the ball on my back while I'm up against a wall or the floor? Yeah I have tried a tennis ball for this. It does not seem to help. The pain is always a constant rolling, dull tinge. If I turn my head to the right all the way, I feel a sharp shooting down my trapezius.

I don't think anyone here can solve my problem, but I'm wondering if anyone can refer me to a specialist or something. I'm out of options. I don't know what to do. I am going to get a neck x-ray today and see if I have vertebral damage.
>>
I noticed some guy practically drooling over my gf tits when we walked past him on the street. As we crossed him I shoulder checked him pretty hard, he just put his head down and kept walking. Was this wrong of me to do this? I feel kind of bad now but to see him blatantly staring at my gf tits made me want to rip his head off
>>
Are dirty bulks actually that for you ?
>>
>>39434820
fit is not a doctor but it knows a dislocated metacarpal or swelling related to similar when it sees it.
it also recognizes an idiot. 4 weeks, it's still like that, and you asks a bunch of random meatheads for medical advice........
>>
Literally in the hospital right now after getting a 360 body lift since I lost 62 kg.

Please rate my program for 2017:
Monday:
>lift
>run (12 - 21 km)

Tuesday:
>spinning (1 hour)
>swim (1500-2000m)

Wednesday:
>lift
>run (12 - 21 km)

Thursday:
>spinning (1 hour)
>swim (1500-2000m)

Friday or Saturday:
>Long run (21+ km)

Sunday:
>lift
>spinning (1 hour)

Goals for 2017: Marathon + 1/4 iron-man
>>
>>39434820
med student here, you're an idiot to leave it after 4 weeks. go to the emergency
>>
>>39436222
>lift
really gave us a lot to critique here lad
>>
>>39436272
Fitness is a lot more than just lifting.

But I haven't really put much thought into my lifting regiment other than a lot of core
>>
I have no idea if any of you has any experiuence on this but, as I have been playing tennis as my only type of physycal activity for the past 9 years, my right side is much stronger than my left side, can i substitue all uper body lifts for dumbbell exercises, and do those according to the weight the left side can lift?
>>
File: pumpkin-seeds-fb.jpg (39KB, 1200x630px)
pumpkin-seeds-fb.jpg
39KB, 1200x630px
Don't forget me anon. I am all about that zinc bby
>>
File: 1477473604314.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477473604314.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
Been doing SL for about a month now, but from around 1 week in I've been getting pain in my right ankle and both sides on the front of my hips (more on the right than the left). The ankle has slowly been getting better but my hips just keep hurting more, it's turned into a sharp pain whenever I squat and is still felt to a lesser extent from other motions.

Should I just stop lifting until it heals? How long does it usually take? How much progress do I lose if I don't lift for 3 or 4 weeks (granted I haven't made much progress at all yet but it would still suck to lose any progress at all). Jogging should still be fine I hope. As long as I can do that while watching my diet I should be able to keep from killing myself from this failure.
>>
If I do SS will my isolated muscles like biceps and calves will be complete shit?
>>
>>39436365
retard swap the bench timeframe for the squat timefram so ur not squatting every 2 days, benching is better anyway.
>>
>>39436385
This looks like a meme post, not sure I can trust it.
>>
I've gotten back into weight lifting after a few weeks of heavy illness.
My muscles twitch/spasm when I do any type of exercise (f.e. doing push-ups right now and my arms are shaky even though I can do them properly). What is my body missing in terms of nutrition that causes this?
>>
>>39435958
chiropractor fucked you up more probably, that is a meme. I had neck pain for 3 weeks. I just stopped lifting for a month so I wouldn't stress myself and did zero rehab. I got it from doing a handstand with my head
>>
>>39436379
do chin ups (part of the program) or add in some curls if you really want to do some arm work

I have never worked calves in my life personally
>>
>>39436365
Stop fucking doing anything that can stress it aka leg lifts, and deadlifts. No jogging either. Just do upper body for about two weeks and stretch. Come back light. This is just overuse. If it doesn't hurt anymore from daily activities lay on the bed and do some leg lifts with clams/bridges as well and stretch.
>>
Are farmers walks considered strength or cardio work? Might seem like a dumb question but I don't know if I want to add them in on days where I lift or days when I skip rope and run.
>>
File: 1366813939814.jpg (112KB, 822x960px) Image search: [Google]
1366813939814.jpg
112KB, 822x960px
>Doing SS with a few accessory exercises x3 week
>Also running, including incorporating sprints into workouts, 4x week on the days I'm not lifting
>Eating at a caloric deficit of about 500 calories (1lb/week loss) Dropped from 196lbs to 182lbs. I'm 6ft.

All have my lifts had been progressing until this week when my squat seems to have actually regressed.

My initial plan was to drop to about 162lbs and then bulk my way back up to 180ish.

Is it unrealistic to have this goal and still expect strength gains? Am I doing too much cardio? Or too strenuous a cardio routine?
Or am I overthinking a small regression on one movement?
>>
>>39436674
All of my lifts*

D'oh!
>>
>>39436624
I would consider it more strength, but you raise a good point. It's like a sliding scale, on one end it could just be an extended deadlift with heavy weights for 5-10 seconds, on the other end you could walk with 1 lb pink dumbbells and it would still be considered (a very very light) farmer's walk, which is obviously cardio. I'd do it at the end of a weight session as a supplemental.
>>
Is it realistic to expect successful progressive overload on every workout on SS?
>>
My shoulder hurts from bench pressing and pushups. I need to do them often for PT. Is there something I can do? It's only in the right shoulder
>>
5×5 bench
5×3-5 incline
4×10 flyes
3×10 weighted dips
4×8-10 close grip

Would this be an okay method to build strength as well as developing my chest? Mostly want strength, but my chest is pretty lacking compared to everything else
>>
>>39436864
...if your shoulder hurts tell your boss. It's not like you have to do pt if you break your arm or some shit.

do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPm5dQ4_yhE

DONT do the planking one that's a meme, I just want you to warmup your shoulder. Then do about 7 shoulder stretches
>>
>>39436864
I've found doing lots of pull ups helps for shoulder and elbow pain. I do a set of pull ups between every warmup and working set of bench press.

>>39436771
If you get plenty of sleep and are eating in surplus, don't drink alcohol, follow the program exactly, start light, use perfect form and have 1lb weight plates then yes.
Slip up just a little and you might stall.
>>
>>39436869
close grip is a meme

Why do 4x10 flys? Just do 3x10
>>
File: jpqfi58.png (96KB, 217x329px) Image search: [Google]
jpqfi58.png
96KB, 217x329px
How much is 1pl exactly? I've got a 5kg bar, so how much would that theoretical 1pl have to be to match other definitions of 1pl?
>>
I'm constantly tired and I often feel depressed, but I think I'm sleeping enough.
Is it low test? If so, what can i do to battle it?
>>
>>39437161
1 pl8 means 1 45lb plate on each side of a 45lb bar. In Europoorland plates and bars are only 20kg
>>
File: 1474417840517.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1474417840517.gif
2MB, 310x325px
Is there any substantial difference between T-bar rows, cable rows and bent over rows?

I'm looking at a routine that recommends all three.
>>
File: 1476384320660.jpg (385KB, 1012x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476384320660.jpg
385KB, 1012x800px
Does lofting make my penis smaller?
>>
>>39437550
hey i'm grump...
>>
File: 1476741408074.jpg (54KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
1476741408074.jpg
54KB, 1080x607px
Yesterday I was doing some abs, on the second set I got this little bump on my left ab, I was scared af but after 15 age it went back.

I snapped something? Abdominal Hernia? After that I got 3 normals sets and Shit didn't popped up again

Pls respond
>>
>>39425995
>be me
>have tiny wrists
>started out as underweight 110 lbs auschwitz mode
>been lifting for 4 years consistently
>at 147lbs now
>still have 12" arms

It's incredibly frustrating. What is wrong with me? I generally have a hard time growing without just getting fat, but my arms are absolutely laughable.
>>
Is fapping too much bad? I recently started getting pain in my prostate after cumming. Two days ago when I fapped it started hurting and the pain wouldn't go away, anyone ever felt this before? I'll probably go see a doctor but I just wanted to know if anyone has felt something similar.
>>
BACK PUMPS
I have recently started getting some insane back pumps doing volume deadlifts (whenever I do +5 reps), and even when I squat too. The only remedy I have seen somewhere is taurine, but that was the advice on juicer websites, and seeing as I dont take anything I dont think that advice applies for me.
It is forcing me to either endure immense discomfort or cut down on the reps on my last 2 sets.
Anyone got any advice to get rid of it? It goes away within the next 2 exercises, usually 15-20 minutes.
Pls respond this thread
>>
>>39438025
fucking bump.
>>
File: 1438959843105.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1438959843105.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
Just consumed 350g of protein today and STILL in deficit by 700-800 calories.

How long do I have left, /fit/?
>>
Is 340lbs 3x5 seated leg press good?
Am I gonna make it?
>>
File: 9a7AdCT.webm (600KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
9a7AdCT.webm
600KB, 720x404px
>>39438295
>Is 340lbs 3x5 seated leg press good?
No
>Am I gonna make it?
And no.
>>
>>39436220
>>39436254
What do you think will happen if I never go to the hospital? I don't have medical insurance and I don't wanna pay a shitload of money for a fucking bandage
>>
I'm a newbie who was rather fat and has lost a decent amount of weight and am looking for advice if I can start lifting now to gain muscle. Went from BMI of 29 down to 24 through diet.

I'm 5'9" started at 195 pounds now down to 165 pounds, all through diet changes. At the moment I still have some fat, just stomach though. Muscle tone at the moment is very low, I am assuming I lost any muscle I had when I lost the 30 pounds.

What I'm unclear on is if I can start lifting now and if so if I should be eating above my TDEE given that I still have fat I'd like to lose in general? I had been maintaining a 500-1000 calorie deficit while I lost the weight. If I eat above TDEE will that fat disappear as I gain muscle gradually or is it better if I continue to just stick to my diet and lose more weight first?
>>
File: starting ass.png (120KB, 1129x421px) Image search: [Google]
starting ass.png
120KB, 1129x421px
If I want to get a cute bf should I be doing pic related or Greyskull LP?

No homo.
>>
I'm recovering from a cold and have mild symptoms like a light cough, strange feeling throat and mild chest ache
Should I rest tomorrow and over the weekend?
>>
File: hmm.png (61KB, 500x375px)
hmm.png
61KB, 500x375px
>Be beginner
>Only good muscle insertion is calves
>Big calves would make the rest look small
Should I max out my calf potential or skip it until the rest of the body is proportional?
>>
>>39438025
Bumpity
>>
>>39436301
Lads?
>>
cardio on rest days or lift days when going 3 times a week?

and when do you do cardio on ppl?
>>
>finally get off my arse
>go sign up to a gym
>talking with the legit 4/10 receptionist
>asian qt in leggings with the most perfect ass i've ever seen walks by
>instant boner, easily visible through my pants
>receptionist notices, stares for a second
>nope the fuck out of there
>"have a nice day anon"
y-you t-t-too...
>>
Can I build decent quads by just doing front squats instead of back squats?
>>
What kind of underwear should I wear when I got running? Because my regular boxers keep bunching up.
>>
>>39439135
i don't believe you
>>
>>39439249
ok
>>
>>39438863
I think it's pretty much down to preference. I did cardio on off days at first but switched to lift days to save time and I feel like it helps my legs rest better as well.
>>
>>39430221

I had that exact lasagna last night and it was p good anon
>>
File: Sacroiliac_Joint.png (88KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sacroiliac_Joint.png
88KB, 300x300px
I have pretty severe back pain that I think may be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacroiliac_joint_dysfunction. I do some of the recommended stretches everyday but i still have pain every day especially when im playing sports or doing any kind of jumping/landing. Anybody have any experience with this and any treatments that helped?
>>
Is there any cost to really prioritizing overhead work over chest work?
I trying to gain some strength and mass in my shoulders

Day 1:
>snatch grip high pull: 4 x 5
>Overhead press: 6 x 3, 1 x 10
>squat: 3 x 6
>weighted Chinup: 3 x 8
>weighted dip: 3 x 8
>reverse curl: 3 x 12
>Leg raises: 3 x 10

Day 2:
>Deadlift: 5/3/1
>Deadlift: 5 x 10
>Incline DB press: 4 x 10
>Hammer strength row 4 x 10
>CG bench press: 4 x 10
>Face pulll: 4 x 15
>neck curls: 3 x 20

Day 3:
>snatch grip high pull: 4 x 5
>Overhead press: 6 x 3, 1 x 10
>squat: 3 x 6
>weighted Chinup: 3 x 8
>weighted dip: 3 x 8
>preacher curl: 3 x 12
>Leg raises: 3 x 10
>>
three weeks on SS
and i fucking love deadlifts
can i do more of them, two or three sets, or is it bad in the long run?
>>
File: IMG_6048.png (847KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6048.png
847KB, 640x1136px
bodyfat %?
>>
I can now run the 3k course I set out for myself, which is an achievement for a wannabe ex-fatty like me.

Now, do I concentrate on doing my course faster, or making my course longer?
>>
Why doesn't anyone do double under hand grip for deadlift?
>>
Dumbell normal bicep curl or hammer curl for bigger bicep? I am thinking hammer curl is more popular nowadays.
>>
Is it normal that I feel pain in my lower back when I lie down on the floor, which relieves itself after a while?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.