[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grip Strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tyuhjgfjytdjgfd.jpg (818KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tyuhjgfjytdjgfd.jpg
818KB, 1200x1200px
Started SL a few weeks ago and im up to 225lb dl. The weight is still manageable, but I can barely keep hold of the bar. Are there some additional exercises I can do to help my grip strength along? Are pic related any help?
>>
>>39424759

Farmers walks
>>
Hold bar in hand with x weight for y amount of time for z sets
>>
>>39424759
get a wrist roller

that shit will make your fore arms burn
>>
>>39424759
Follow his tips on the SL website. Don't be afraid to drop the bar - don't let the fear of dropping it make you put it down before you finish your five. Your grip strength will progress.

That said, I use lifting hooks for my final set - and straight overhand grip for all others. Mixed grip scares me because of bicep reasons. But don't buy those gay little toys - just deadlift and farmers walks.
>>
>>39424762
>>39424836
Ill clean up my garage and try some farmer walking, thanks guys
>>
Like anons said. Farmer walks and static holds. I alternate between heavy and moderate weight. Ex: 30-60s of moderately heavy farmer walks. later in the week I do static holds of heavy weight. Next week I do heavy farmer walks: 15-25s and later in the weak i do moderate static holds : 45-60s.
>>
>>39424916
what kinda weight are we talking here
>>
>>39424759
You can't hold a 225lb bar? Try over/under grip.
>>
>>39424759
Heavy Hammer curls
>>
>>39425471
I can, but I feel at the rate I am progressing, I wont be able to keep up with grip strength
>>
Captains of crush grippers and rack pulls
>>
>>39425457
Whatever is reasonable for you. Just like any other lift keep adding 10lbs till shit gets too heavy.
>>
>>39425457
Farmer walks I grab the hundred pound DBs and walk them for the moderate walks, for the heavy ones I use the hex bar and slap on like 260lbs. Heavy static holds I use the hex bar as well, 200lbs. But I just began lifting again 3months ago so YMMV
>>
>>39424759
hammer curls
pullups
>>
>>39425485
I bought a set of heavygrips, can close up to 250 lbs. Try those.
>>
>>39424759
Try hook grip.
>>
>>39424759
rdl may help a lot, kills youre grip like crazy. also, farmer walks obviously
>>
File: 1479294517142.jpg (75KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479294517142.jpg
75KB, 640x960px
>>39424762
>farmer walks
>>
>>39425485
>I can, but I feel at the rate I am progressing, I wont be able to keep up with grip strength
what you do is during your warmup, you stick to double overhand for as heavy as you can, when your grip starts to fail you swap to mixed/hook/wraps. that's how you train grip strength without letting it limit your deadlift progression. also get chalk if you haven't already.
>>
>>39424759
The most effective way to increase grip strength in deadlifts is doing holding a heavy bar more.
Use a lower weight and hold the bar for anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds.
Squeeze your forearms as hard as possible.

You can also just learn hook grip.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.