[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Psoas strengthening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: psoas.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
psoas.png
63KB, 250x250px
The psoas is the corest of core muscles. It connects our upper body to our lower body via spinal chord + pelvic bone attachment.

Its often neglected by most people who lift but actual athletes have to train it to be able to move in an athletic manner.

An exercise I figures out (it probably existed before my discovery) is where you stand in a squat position, knees bent, hands up (shoulder height, facing the ground) and head up high, ears above shoulders, ass sticking out too. Then jump, keeping a straight spinal chord bring your knees up to your hands, tapping them and then coming back down.

I find this to be very effective since the other psoas exercises involve no power, which the jump provides.
>>
>>39423102
>An exercise I figures out (it probably existed before my discovery) is where you stand in a squat position, knees bent, hands up (shoulder height, facing the ground) and head up high, ears above shoulders, ass sticking out too. Then jump, keeping a straight spinal chord bring your knees up to your hands, tapping them and then coming back down.

Record yourself doing that and share it with the board please.
Thanks.
>>
>>39423102
>head up high
>ears above shoulders

I think you try to get your ears below your shoulders with your head up high.
>>
>>39423124
Nope, there's a board for that /sexymen/
>>
>>39423102
your psoas major and minor are responsible for trunk flexion, flexion of the thigh, and unilaterally they perform lateral flexion of the vertebral column. as you have been able to gather, they also help to stabilize the trunk.

when the psoas major, minor, and iliacus combine then you have the very important iliopsoas group. your iliopsoas group are your hip flexors. that's their important function.

there are other, more important "core" muscles to place your focus on.
>>
>>39423161
What is more important than the psoas group? I don't think anything is "more" important, maybe of equal importance.

If your psoas is weak you can't enjoy walking, sex, all that regular shit that you don't need a sixpack for.
>>
>>39423194
you're not going to have a weak psoas unless you were in a coma
>>
>>39423194
>If your psoas is weak you can't enjoy walking, sex, all that regular shit

all shit that you can do without ever "training" those muscles. are you saying you weren't able to walk prior to doing your jumping knee slaps?

you sound like some idiot that learned about a relatively obscure muscle group on some Tnation article that shilled it as the next coming of christ and proceeded to make this post.
>>
>>39423211
If you have an office job, your psoas is probably weak.

If you don't play a sport, your psoas is probably weak.

How many people do you know stand up most of the day? Probably none. Folks that work in offices at stand up desks have figured it out.
>>
>>39423228
No, I'm a dude who was on accutane for a year and who suffered incredibly muscle weakness, especially around my spine. The psoas touches the lower spine.

I was so bad to the point where my dicke and balls were under stress because the muscles in my pelvic area were so weak.

It gave me bad depression and anxiety because the psoas region is directly linked to the lizard brain. Having a weak psoas like I had = constant messages to the brain saying "you're not okay"
>>
bumpppppp
>>
>>39423102
work em out by crushing the skulls of your enemies between your thighs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.