[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Krav Maga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Krav-Maga.jpg (319KB, 1800x1192px) Image search: [Google]
Krav-Maga.jpg
319KB, 1800x1192px
Thoughts on Krav Maga?

For those not in the know - Israeli "martial art" developed for the IDF in the late 1940s. Obviously the Jews thought "we don't want *that* happening again" and developed a hand-to-hand combat style that is brutal and designed to incapacitate people even if they're armed.

Now I realise it has its flaws - if someone is shooting at you all the moves in the world won't work, but no one is likely to be shooting at me.

I just want a decent martial art (again, I know it isn't strictly a martial art) to compliment lifting and also so I'm a little more handy should trouble kick off. I'm not a fighter, but I am British, and as Doug Stanhope brilliantly pointed out, we're a lot more violent even on a casual basis than the Yanks.

I also know a few of bouncers (door men) who are proficient in this, and while it can be a bit airy-fairy when taught to old women, in the right hands it is pretty impressive.

Also, as an odd quirk, I can't fucking STAND the though of having to touch someone's disgusting bare feet, so it kind of narrows down my choices really.

Thoughts?
>>
>>39422398
martial art meme
>>
best martial art for incapacitating a human that doesn't fight back
>>
>>39423064
Well, it isn't a martial art, and it seems EXACTLY aimed at people who fight back. Have you ever done it?

I like the fact it doesn't go with stupid ancient rules and dogmas like real martial arts. Literally "kick someone in the balls and punch them in the throat". That's how real men fight, none of this "fight with honor" bullshit.
>>
>>39422398
it's a meme and Fly's dad does it. that's what i know
>>
>>39423151
Yeah but to be able to perform those kicks and punches you need to train everyday practicing them and you should spar with someone
>>
File: Flow_Chart.png (2MB, 1024x4521px) Image search: [Google]
Flow_Chart.png
2MB, 1024x4521px
I'ma just leave this here
>>
>>39423189
That's kind of the point.

>>39423794
That misses out "Do you want to have to touch people's disgusting bare feet and have them in/near your face and mouth?"

As the answer is "no, not at all" that kind of leaves Krav Maga as the only one which isn't essentially just homosexual foreplay (wrestling).
>>
>>39423794
Very controversial, all that bashing plus saying conceal carrying a gun doesn't help in a real fight? Just look at Trayvon Martin.
>>
Krav Maga is a fucking meme
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.