[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a lot of advice /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

So I've been lifting properly for about three months. I'm on Greyskull LP and going about three times a week. I feel like this isn't enough, should I be going more?
Also I'm trying to lose weight, I have diet sorted but would doing cardio after lifts help aswell?
When I do this routine in gym it only takes an hour, should it be taking longer?
Any other general advice would be neato
>>
>>39422343
>bump after 20 minutes
>>
>>39422419
bump
>>
File: 7th SFG.jpg (101KB, 401x437px) Image search: [Google]
7th SFG.jpg
101KB, 401x437px
>>39422203
Not OP, but I'm in a similar situation (been lifting properly for a few months, also trying to lose weight) and I'm wondering if the routine in his image would be better than starting strength.
>>
If you're still on noob gains and feel like you could lift more, just lift more. Only thing you should be worried about at this point is avoiding injuries. Over training is a meme until you need to move beyond a non-linear routine.
>>
>>39422625
*beyond a linear routine
>>
>>39422203
If it doesn't feel like it's enough than you haven't been adding enough weight.

3 months means 18 OHP sessions for example, that's 45kg worth of increases. Even if you started with just the bar, you would be pressing 65kg, which you would feel.
>>
Do ICF 5x5, but this variant:
Work up to a heavy Single and focus progression on that.
Then take 75% of the Heavy Single and do 5x5 or 4x5

A
Squat.... Heavy Single...5x5
Incline Bench....Heavy Single....5x5
Barbell Row 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Curl 3x8
Shrugs 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x12
Hyperextensions 2x10
Cable Crunch 3x10-20

B
Deadlift... Heavy Single....4x5
OHP...... Heavy Single.....5x5
Front Squat 3x8
Pull-ups 3x8
CGBP or Slullcrushers 3x8
Curl 3x8
Rear Delt Raises 3x12
Calf Raise 3x12
Cable Crunch 3x10-20
>>
>>39422602
In a few months you should have finished SS. Do the routine properly. That way you won't always be jumping between beginner routines.
>>
>>39422715
>Okay you wanna get strong and aesthetic? Glad ya stopped by. Look no further. You're gonna need a couple of things. First off, you're gonna need a good diet. Second, you're gonna need plenty of rest. And lastly, you're gonna need some ice cream!

*record scratches*

>No, no, no, not the kind you eat! Ice Cream Fitness 5x5! It's the perfect beginner program and has just the right amount of volume for a beginner! Plus the guy who made it is super ripped! He's full of loads of information that would classify him as an expert on powerlifting AND bodybuilding (BOTH!)
>>
>>39422203

My powerlifting friend says that GSLP, SL, SS, etc are retarded crossfit-tier routines.
>>
>>39422742
So a better routine would be SS or Greyskull?
>>
>>39422821
ur friend's waifu a shit u fgt
>>
Could I swap barbell rows with cable rows on GSLP?
>>
>>39423019
wrist curls should be fine. or that machine where you sit down and open your legs
>>
>>39423092
What about the exercise where I take a stick from outside and tie a weight to it and wrap it around the stick with my wrists?
>>
>>39422742
Wot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.