[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I not eat egg yolks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

Should I not eat egg yolks?
>>
>>39421313
one yolk is like 80% of your daily cholestorol need
>>
>>39421313
Yolks are the best part. If you're throwing them out, just opt for another source of protein.
>>39421332
>he fell for the cholesterol meme
>>
>>39421313
Anyone who tells you not to eat egg yolks is a beta nu-male cuck sent from an alternate dimension where HIllary got elected to steal your gains.
>>
funfact: you cold live entirely of eggs and multivitamins if you were so enclined
>>
>>39421313
>>39421452
>Pic related

I eat two eggs daily. But I'm pretty content on being build instead of veiny six pack.
>>
>>39421313
You are going to die any way why not make it on your terms eating what you want and jacked.
>>
there is no should or shouldn't. it's just a part of an egg and whether you eat it or not is up to you.
anyone who says otherwise has problems with logical thinking
>>
If you don't eat your yokes I just assume you're a homosexual.
>>
the yolk has a lot of cholesterol but it has also has unsaturated fats and fat soluble vitamins that you miss out on.

when i have eggs i get 1 whole egg(large) and 2 egg whites and i scramble them.

you shouldn't have more than 1 extra large egg a day.
>>
>>39421313
Yeah they have some good fats and vitamins in em. The protein to fat ratio of a whole egg is is pretty shitty though so I would make sure your gettng another source of protein with them.
>>
>found out you shouldn't eat more than 2 eggs a day or YOU'LL DIE
>eats 16 eggs a day

I'm still alive, what do /fit/
>>
IIFYM. The only reason not to eat them is if you were specifically trying to lower your fat intake while increasing your protein intake. Although I can't fathom a valid reason for doing this... Even on a cut, you'd probably reduce carbs before you'd go to that much trouble to reduce fat.
>>
I wish I had the link to that long-term study that basically BTFO anti-egg fags.

Eat a dozen a day, yokl and all, for all you like, OP. Egg gains are great.
>>
>>39421483
I'm on the other end of the spectrum and in shredded maintenance mode and eat 2-6 eggs a day. Amazing and versatile.
>>
>>39421313
They're nutritious as fuck, you better not waste them
>>
File: egg_PNG25.jpg (703KB, 2800x1782px) Image search: [Google]
egg_PNG25.jpg
703KB, 2800x1782px
>>39421819
just ate 6 eggs and a salad for dinner
>>
File: jkhtghjrfdsafdsfgdgh.jpg (528KB, 1200x2049px) Image search: [Google]
jkhtghjrfdsafdsfgdgh.jpg
528KB, 1200x2049px
>>39421452
Reminded me
>>
YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE EGGS
>>
If you purposely crack an egg and remove the yolk you should end yourself immediately.
>>
File: 1466533807531.gif (2MB, 369x310px) Image search: [Google]
1466533807531.gif
2MB, 369x310px
I bet you faggots don't even eat the shells. Bunch of nu-males, goddamn
>>
File: purge it.gif (3MB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
purge it.gif
3MB, 800x708px
Anyone who says

"you shouldnt have more than X amount of eggs a day"

is a faggot retarded nigger kike and should be ignored

eat however many eggs you want its literally not a big deal, seeing as blood cholesterol is produced by your liver and dietary cholesterol not used is excreted
>>
>>39421791

>but it has also has unsaturated fats

And saturated fats

>and fat soluble vitamins

5% of your DV for vitamin A? Eat a carrot
>>
The idea that egg yolks aren't bad for you is wishful thinking.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989358/
>>
Who here egg in rice master race?
>>
>>39424556
What specifically is bad about them?
>>
>>39424656

Obviously the massive amounts of cholesterol they have
>>
>>39421313
I eat 4 hard boiled eggs a day, I yeat all the yolks.
>>
The effect of egg consumption on blood cholesterol is minimal when compared with the effect of trans fats and saturated fats.

The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast — such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.

t. mayo clinic
>>
>>39421313

I buy egg whites at costco/sams club because:

1. Easy to store/last longer than eggs
2. Easy to cook with minimal mess
3. God tier macros
4. Price per gram of protein is on par with any raw meat source except chicken breast

Seriously if you still make eggs you're a fucking cuck
>>
>>39424793

>when compared with the effect of trans fats and *saturated fats.

*also found in eggs

I don't see the point in trying to downplay the effects by saying other stuff is worse though.
>>
Do raw eggs really cause baldness?
>>
>>39424757
>Obviously

You sound pretty convinced that you speak for everyone there. Mind explaining what exactly is wrong with that?
>>
>>39424830

I said obviously because that's been a well-known point of controversy about eggs and has been for a long time. I'd be surprised if someone didn't already know that.

>Mind explaining what exactly is wrong with that?

Eating cholesterol damages your arteries and puts more cholesterol in your blood, which over time can lead to a disease called atherosclerosis, which may cause heart attacks or strokes later in life.
>>
>sacrificing gains for any reason
>ever making it
pick one
>>
Egg yolks are also high in choline which causes butt cancer in excess.

The effect of dietary cholesterol on blood cholesterol depends on total cholesterol intake. When you give dietary cholesterol to a vegan their blood cholesterol goes up and stays up. When your diet is already full of cholesterol anyway, one more egg isn't going to make a big difference.

As you can see here
http://www.nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206
there is strong evidence that more than 1 egg a day is unhealthy. This is because if you eat 1 egg a day plus some other animal products you may stay in the range of cholesterol intake that is just barely acceptable (300 mg). If you eat 2 eggs a day, you are firmly beyond the 300 mg even if you eat no other animal products at all.

Given that eggs are non-nutritious, high in fat and saturated fat and low in protein, there is really no particular reason to consume them other than taste.
>>
>>39424556
"Dietary cholesterol increases the susceptibility of low-density lipoprotein to oxidation"
>cites papers done using eggs, which contain the PUFA arachidonic acid, confounding the relationship, ignores data showing isolated cholesterol does nothing
>ignores data showing LDL oxidation not a good biomarker, including that showing healthy diets increase it despite improving outcomes

"increases postprandial lipemia"
>cites a paper showing an 'altered' postprandial lipemia, mostly remodeling of lipoproteins (transfer of cholesterol to remnants, enrichment of HDL with phospholipids), which could be interpreted as favorable steps of reverse cholesterol transport

"and potentiates the adverse effects of dietary saturated fat"
>assumes anyone advises high intake of saturated fat

"Feeding of egg yolks induces inflammation characterized by elevations of C-reactive protein and serum amyloid A, but this effect is more pronounced in lean individuals without insulin resistance"
>cites one paper, ignores others showing negative results, ignores possible caveats like high cholesterol in lean insulin sensitive group prior to intervention, lack of randomization

>cites associational studies that agree the bias, ignores those that don't and pulls an un-falsifiable HARK why they can be discarded but neglects those against his own (healthy user bias, multiple hypothesis testing, epidemiological noise, cherry-picking, etc)

>cites animal models using ridiculous HEDs of cholesterol, ignores other animal models that show favorable health effects
and so on...

whole lot of lot of narrative but little evidence-based analysis in that article. not a very good refutation to the le-eat-50-eggs-a-day-and-live-le-forever meme, when it's essentially on the same level of mudslinging with just a bit more articulate rhetoric. but maybe that was your point.
>>
>>39425137

So you agree that eggs are bad, but not isolated cholesterol from some non-food source?
>>
>>39425159
meant i don't agree that the oxidized ldl thing is bad

http://journals.lww.com/co-lipidology/Fulltext/2016/10000/The_central_role_of_arterial_retention_of.6.aspx
http://images.journals.lww.com/co-lipidology/Original.00041433-201610000-00006.TT1.jpeg

don't know if eggs are bad at current intakes, could go either way
>>
>>39425194

I see nothing about oxidized LDL in the first link and don't have access to the second
>>
>>39425137

>healthy diets increase it despite improving outcomes

post study
>>
yes. or at the very least if you don't, then just buy egg whites. don't be a faggot and waste them.
>>
>>39425219
2nd is a table from the 1st, do you have access to the pdf?

here it is anyway
>>
>>39425313

>Disproven in many large RCTs of antioxidant supplements
>antioxidant supplements

That hardly disproves anything. Individual antioxidants given in pill form have failed in a number of ways, and that's owed to the fact that antioxidant compounds work synergistically with other nutrients and don't work well in isolation. They may not even act as antioxidants when given as an extract.
>>
>>39425337
>and that's owed to the fact that antioxidant compounds work synergistically with other nutrients and don't work well in isolation
what data do you have to support this? and what data do you have to support the causality of oxidized LDL? there's even (mechanistic) work that some oxidation is atheroprotective,so you'll need to explain that away too

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1933287415300362
>They may not even act as antioxidants when given as an extract.
based on what? how would you explain this, for example?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9247510
>>
>>39425379

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/517S.full

>The hypothesis that dietary antioxidants lower the risk of chronic disease has been developed from epidemiologic studies that consistently show that consumption of whole foods, such as fruit and vegetables, is strongly associated with reduced risk of chronic diseases. Therefore, it is reasonable for scientists to identify the bioactive compounds responsible and hope to find the “magic bullet” to prevent those chronic diseases. The key question here is whether a purified phytochemical has the same health benefit as the phytochemical present in whole food or a mixture of foods. It is now believed that dietary supplements do not have the same health benefits as a diet rich in fruit and vegetables because, taken alone, the individual antioxidants studied in clinical trials do not appear to have consistent preventive effects. The isolated pure compound either loses its bioactivity or may not behave the same way as the compound in whole foods. For example, numerous investigations have shown that the risk of cancer is inversely related to the consumption of green and yellow vegetables and fruit. Because β-carotene is present in abundance in these vegetables and fruit, it has been extensively investigated as a possible cancer-preventive agent. However, the role of carotenoids as anticancer supplements has recently been questioned as a result of several clinical studies (25–28). In one study, the incidence of nonmelanoma skin cancer was unchanged in patients receiving a β-carotene supplement (25). In other studies, smokers gained no benefit from supplemental β-carotene (26) with respect to lung cancer incidence and possibly even suffered a deleterious effect, with a significant increase in lung cancer and total mortality (27, 28). Vitamin C supplementation also has been shown not to lower the incidence of cancer and heart disease (29, 30).
>>
>>39425398
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584913002736

Benefits from whole foods likely due to the hormetins they contain that promote reprogramming of cell metabolism to stress defense, and association with overall healthy dietary pattern and lifestyle. not direct 'antioxidant' activity in lipoproteins per se
>>
>>39421693
>this

source: I'm a homosexual
>>
>>39424545
Beta carotens are only a precursor vitamin, it isn't that great.
Bear liver in the other hand...
>>
>>39421313

Let me weigh in.

DIETARY CHOLESTEROL FROM EGG YOLKS ARE !!NOT!! DANGEROUS.

However, frying them with any kind of butter or oil will lead to high cholesterol. Additionally, eating the whole egg is about 70 calories while eating the egg white is around 18-20 calories.

So if you're trying to LOSE weight and need to get a lot of protein, eating the egg whites cuts the amount of protein you get by around 40%, which leaves it at around 3.6, but also lower the amount of calories 75%, which in my opinion is a good trade off. Additionally, the amount of fat in egg whites vs eggs is much much less, at around 98% less fat in the egg whites.

My suggestion is that you can still eat around 4 whole eggs a day, maybe more if you don't care about fat. And if you want to have more, just substitute another whole egg with 2 egg whites.

Don't be stupid and eat all the egg yolks in a 30 pack, there's still fat in them. And unless you doing some sort or routine that requires you to consume fats, then fuck it.
>>
>>39423165
Have a (you)
>>
>>39423618
>"son you should only eat 2 eggs a day"
>"shut up mom, you faggot retarded nigger kike"
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.