[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: aesth.jpg (24KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
aesth.jpg
24KB, 540x405px
Alright /fit/, I'm fucking done. I tried making life work out the way I want it to playing vidya, smoking a shitton of weed and just sort of hanging out, all without investing time in my physique. And it didn't happen, so, I'll join your ranks.
Complete fitness retard here, no clue how to eat right, no clue when to work out (as in time of day, or relative to food consumption, I don't know how you niggers do it) or what exercises to do. 6ft 135 lbs here, I think you guys refer to this body type as skelemode? Also, I'm poor af so I'd prefer home workouts.
Can someone greentext me the basics on how to get started and how to develop?
>>
read the sticky. or just quit now because you obviously don't give a shit if you're expecting to be spoonfed everything
>>
>>39417687
literally GOMAD + SS routine with accesories

read sticky
>>
>>39417687
>(as in time of day, or relative to food consumption, I don't know how you niggers do it)
it doesn't matter that much. i wouldn't go right away after a big meal because you can feel tired from digesting a bunch of food, but all and all it doesn't really matter that much.

>or what exercises to do.
"big lifts", that squat, deadlift, press, bench press and power clean in descending order of importance. download a pdf of starting strength and read, watch youtube vids etc, do all you can to learn these lifts.

> 6ft 135 lbs here, I think you guys refer to this body type as skelemode?
yup, you should def be putting on weight.

> Also, I'm poor af so I'd prefer home workouts.
you either purchas a used power rack with a barbell set for about $1000 or get a gym membership. don't do the half assed pushup crunch and pullup shit you probably currently have in mind. it's a waste of time.

tl;dr: 1. Read SS, 2. Eat More, 3. get access to a rack and a barbell
>>
>>39417757
>should be putting on weight
Up until now, I thought it was a good thing, but I've got Chron's Disease which basically makes me unable to gain weight, or at least very difficult. Should I focus on gaining weight instead of "eating right" (still don't know what this means) or the other way around?
Also, is the gym membership absolutely necessary? Read somewhere that supersets can get you in shape as well, though I'd take your word over some random internet shit I read. Anyways, thanks for them tips
>>
>>39417846
i have no recommendations about how to deal with chron's disease as i know fuckall about it.

like i said, you need access to a barbell+rack to systematically get stronger in an efficient way.

i think you're confused as to what supersets are. doing supersets means doing a set of exercise B inbetween two sets of exercise A, it doesn't imply anything about having a barbell or not or having a gym membership or not.
>>
>>39417911
Oh I see. How profound.

While I'm at it:
The fuck's SS and GOMAD, as >>39417749
this gentleman suggested?
>>
>>39417942
Read the sticky, dipshit, we're not gonna baby you.
>>
>>39417942
SS (strating strength) is an introductionary book to strength training. It explains how to learn proper form and goes through some stuff everyone should know about traingin, it also has a section where it explains a program. The program is mostly what people refer to when they say SS

GOMAD is, along with whatever food you're having that day, drinking a Gallon Of Milk A Day which is a suggestion done by the author of SS for underweight young adult males such as yourself.
>>
>>39418002
Aight, I'll get on that literature then. Thanks for everything.
>>
>>39418022
godspeed skeleton
>>
File: 1452894447712.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1452894447712.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
>he thinks everything turns to sunshine and rainbows once he makes it
Ah to be young, naive and dyel again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.