[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to working out in gym// Need advice and workout plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Prep-Get-Lean.jpg (143KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
Prep-Get-Lean.jpg
143KB, 1109x614px
I'm new to posting on this board and was hoping to get some advice on starting a workout regimen.
I read the stickied thread but didn't understand anything after the "exercises" part.

To give some background information, I am 210pounds, and I used to do Mixed Martial Arts for about 8yrs, I stopped 2years back and have gained a ton of weight and am incredibly unhealthy, so going to start now with the regular gym scene. I want to keep my overall size and girth, just turn it all into lean muscle, like the picture.

The question is, do you guys know of a good workout regimen to start with as a complete beginner to the gym scene. Something like

DAY1 (Legs)
DAY2 (Arms)
DAY3 (Rest)

Any links to such a training method would be greatly appreciated. The other types confuse the hell out of me because I don't know how to do dead-lifts, benches, and curls correctly. Honestly, if I could avoid using those weights and just do freeform calisthenics that'd be even better, but idk if thats possible.
>>
You won't get a body like your picture unless you have a many years of strenuous exercise regimen and dieting. Or steroids.

Get a PT. Ask around to find a good one. A big muscley PT does not necessarily equal good.

Thirdly, lose weight you fat fuck. You're a drain on resources and i hate looking at people like you. You're disgusting and a shame to your family.

Good luck.
>>
>>39415967

Well, getting a body exactly like the picture is more of an exaggeration of what I'm looking for, just being lean and showing some form of muscle would be nice.

I can't afford a Personal Trainer right now, which is why I'm asking for some sort of Regimen as detailed in the post, something I can start doing myself at my local gym.

I appreciate the motivation though, fat people are definitely gross, i'm just mostly out of shape though, not a blob.
>>
If you're hurting for cash why don't you just start doijg MMA again? That stuff gets you lean pretty quick if you watch your diet.

Analyse what you eat, remove any cordial or beer or whatever. You drink water now, thats it. Sugary drinks and carb heavy drinks are now a treat, if at all.

I recommend push ups, planks, squats, pull ups, and situps, 3 rounds of failure. Try and do more each day. That'll get your calisthenic lean look. Every second day. Any day you aren't doing that, you're walking or running.
That's all free. The biggest trick the devil ever played was that you HAVE to spend money to be fit. It helps, but you don't have to.
>>
But if you really want to lift weights, just do a brosplit.

MTWTF
Chest BACK LEGS Shoulders ARMS

With 30mins on cardio at the end of each workout.

Theres a billion youtube videos on form out there. I recommend the Animal "big on Basic" series. They nail form and if you aren't retarded it transfers to other similar lifts pretty easily.
>>
>>39416020

I would love to do MMA again and actually looked up a ton of local MMA gyms but they are pretty expensive. Prices ranging from 150-300$ a month. It's not a lot but dealing with family issues that involve money so I can't afford it now.

Awesome reply, really appreciate the dietary tips as well, I definitely need to stop drinking bear and soda, I haven't drank water in a while.

Love the calisthenic workout you outlined their and that's definitely what I'm looking to do.

I'm going to a local weight gym starting tomorrow(friends got the hookup) so another question is, whats workouts should I implement from gym? I'm gonna be doing cardio, the calthesthenics you outlined, anything from the gym that'll help?
>>
>>39416050

I like the MTWTF format a lot, gonna look up these videos you said, definitely want to implement the calisthenics and something from the gym.
>>
>>39415885
go to ss.fitness
>>
>>39416083
Appreciate the website, I'm finding the information their really helpful in figuring this all out.

The split regimen is definitely the type i'm looking at doing, does that type of training not get a calisthenics day? or is it like anon said, 30m cardio after its done
>>
>>39416066
>>39416072

DESU man i dunno how to program for how to lose weight. I'm mostly into powerlifting shit. I guess 3x12 on most things, and 3x8 on any compound lifts would be reasonable if you ate enough protein while cutting fat. Google how to lean bulk, the idea is to gain muscle while maintaining or losing fat. So high protein, low fat, low carb. I dont know much about dieting sorry. My personal idea is like the food pyramid like you learnt in health at school. Theres sometimes foods, regular foods and treat foods.
Seriously man, cut back your drinks to just water. A number of retards on here praise that practice.

Sorry if this isn't so clear, im just writing down my thoughts as i think of them.
>>
>>39416111
The reason i recommended cardio after is because youve been lifting for say, 1hour or so? As long as you havent eaten any sugary shit in that hour, your body starts burning fats rather than glucose. I think. I know thats how it works but the timeframe might be out.
>>
>>39416050
switch legs and shoulders, youre fresher on arm day then
>>
>>39416122
I appreciate the info, I do want to gain muscle and not just get skinny, since I'm a naturally big dude. I'll definitely search up some bulk guide, I'm so new at this that I don't really get the terminology so I'll definitely search up what thats about. 100% will cut the the drinking bear and soda.

>>39416131
Sweet, that sounds perfect, I'll definitely do cardio after the workout sessions then

>>39416136
I found this on the internet, what ya' think?

Day 1: Legs/Abs
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Back/Abs*
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Shoulder/Abs*
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: Rest
>>
>>39416131
>>39416122
>>39416050
>>39416020
>>39415967

These are all me. For the intent and purposes of this thread im going to trip to stop confusion.

>>39416153

I dont know what the fuck peoples obsession is with training abs so often. It wont get you a 6pack any faster. Low bf gets you six pack. Good diet gets you a 6pack. Fuck.

Other than that, yea sure. You cant really fuck up a brosplit. Take your time to learn technique, if you ego lift and hurt yourself you deserved it. Technique is king. Weight is secondary.
>>
File: v4f7PGr[1].png (38KB, 980x415px) Image search: [Google]
v4f7PGr[1].png
38KB, 980x415px
Go back to the sticky. Find the beginner programs. Pick one. The shit you need is right here.

The bullet points are:
- Do a small amount of exercises, but those exercises are very efficient and work many body parts. These are called compound exercises.
- Do low repetitions with high weight (typically 5x5). This doesn't mean START with high weight, you will probably start with just the bar, but you'll add weight very quickly in the first few months until you're where you need to be. This is opposed to doing high repetitions with low weight, so if you find a program that tells you to do sets of 20 or something you should raise an eyebrow.
- This beginner routine works whether your goal is to lose fat or gain muscle. The weight program doesn't change, whether your goal is to lose or gain weight is based on your diet. Your diet is crazy important. First just count calories and make sure you're getting a bunch of protein. As time goes on you'll likely refine your diet even more but you don't need to go crazy with supplement shakes and counting every fat gram your first week.
>>
>>39416176

Oh lol, sorry new to posting and honestly thought it was a bunch of people, really appreciate all the advice then bro, you've been a big help. I'll definitely remove the constant abs stuff then and work on technique like you said.

>>39416183
Alright, all my questions have been answered in full, gonna take all this information and reread the stickies thread, along with the websites posted. I think I've got the perfect beginner workout introduction. Appreciate all the help
>>
>>39416198
All good friendo.

What city are you in?

Technique, Diet, Commitment. thats all it is mang,
>>
>>39416208
oh and fucking stretch, itll help prevent injuries.
>>
>>39416208
I live in NY, and yeah, from what I'm reading, those are definitely the most important aspects, I've been overthinking it too much lol

Its such a different scene than just punching something, lot more complicated.

Oh, gotcha, I'll have to write that down also, I tend to forget things, stretch before and after I imagine.
>>
It'll be fine, just read enough so you know what you're doing, pick one of the nice beginner programs, and get started. Make it a habit. This is just something you do now. You'll figure out the rest as you go.

Also if you've been sedentary for a while you WILL get DOMS after the first few workouts (delayed onset muscle soreness), especially if you're doing squats. Even if you just squat with the bar, your legs might go all wobbly for 2-3 days and you might feel like you can barely walk. This is annoying but not harmful, and it will go away and never be as bad as when you were first starting out. Even months from now when you're squatting triple the weight you won't get wobbly legs as bad as the first week. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
>>
>>39416233
Warm up before, and do exercise specific stretches, (chest stretches for chest day, etc.) then a general all over stretch at the end of the session.

Good luck brah. Please don't give up and mean i wasted 2 hours helping your fat ass. Comeback in 6 months and tell me about your successes.
>>
File: 1u3hnc1k.vichan.jpg (147KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1u3hnc1k.vichan.jpg
147KB, 601x601px
Read the sticky you cockgobbler
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.