[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one keep their knees in good condition when running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IBA-Hot-Spot-Image-Knee.jpg (65KB, 1152x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IBA-Hot-Spot-Image-Knee.jpg
65KB, 1152x1152px
How does one keep their knees in good condition when running and lifting?
>>
running and lifting at the same time sounds like a dumb idea
>>
>>39401165
Since running kills your gains you just make gains while you run so it cancels out
>>
>>39401154
By squatting ATG
>>
>>39401314
what's an ATG and how do I squat it?
what if my gym doesn't have it
>>
>>39401154
for running, learn how to run properly and you'll be okay. it's just middle school urban legend that running ruins your knees. runners have better knees on than average people. it keeps the synovial fluid active and moving which is the main source of nutrients in otherwise avascular tissue.

in weightlifting, proper form to avoid shearing and improper weight distribution, and being sure to flex your appropriate muscles as to not just put all the weight sheerly on your ligaments and tendons.
>>
>>39401321
Ass To Gains
>>
>>39401176
Don't do two impact exercises the same day. Even if low-impact.
For example: walking and jumping rope. If you do this everyday, you'll soon realize your tendons are really suffering from walking, and your performance in jumping rope will suffer severely.

What I do is mix exercise types (both being cardio). Biking + Jump Rope, or Walking + Swimming.

tl;dr Only do either lifting or running in a day, not both.
>>
Eat tumeric with coconut oil and black pepper. Helps with inflammation of joints.
>>
>>39401154
mid foot strike
>>
>>39401344
True that, I sprint and lift and when I was younger I had Osgood–Schlatters and I've never had knee issues since. My knees click when I squat but that's it
>>
>>39401154
Fuck off CrossFags
>>
>>39401154
>mfw I did cross country and track for 4 years and high school.

now worried about my knees when lifting. fuuuk
>>
>>39401321
Ass to grass, just go all the way down.
Do stretching excercises if neccessary
>>
Don't heel strike and lift with good form. Is this really a question?
>>
File: f33caac5bad31bd91f5e013d384f519f.png (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f33caac5bad31bd91f5e013d384f519f.png
230KB, 1920x1080px
Why is it so difficult to grasp he idea that running, just like lifting requires proper form in order to stay injury free?
>>
>>39401321
ass totally gaped
>>
Run barefoot or get those toe shoes

Shoes are really restrictive and can stop you shaping your feet properly - resulting in damage to the shins amd knees
Running barefoot is healthier
>>
>>39401495
this is some old-country shit
>>
>>39401154
>wants to not blow the fuck out of his knees
That's why you progress the weights for leg-centric exercises (and ALL exercises for that matter) SLOWLY, so all parts of your body have time to adapt. Cartilege will toughen but it takes time. That's why some of you have problems, including plateauing and stalling out, because you try to progress too quickly and there's not enough time to adapt.

>>39401176
>>39401314
>>39402081
>>39402192
Quit spouting bullshit memes.

>>39401495
This isn't even necessary if you do what as I said at the top of this comment.
>>
>>39403918
How is an implementation of 2.5kg per squat 3 times per week?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.