[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck /fit/ is it worth it to buy stuff for a home gym instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: stay-puft.jpg (79KB, 774x663px) Image search: [Google]
stay-puft.jpg
79KB, 774x663px
fuck /fit/ is it worth it to buy stuff for a home gym instead of going to one? or should I just join my local planetfitness and just get over my fears of going out to a gym? I just dont want people to talk to me while working out.

yes I am a fat neckbeard, who wishes to become healthier.
>>
I was 119kg, dropped to 79kg in 5 months (I did it a bit too hard, cutting carbs altogether, which wasn't fun). now I got muscle, am 85kg.

never have set foot in a gym. all on (multiple) bodyweight exercises, barbells, dumbells. get mired, hit on, girls say I'm "so muscular". so yes, it's very possible.
>>
>>39395466
I too, stay at home when getting exersize (aside from runs) mostly because i dont want to have to leave the house for another reason daily.
Yeah, its perfectly possible/worth it to get fit at home. There are plenty of routines that actually dont even need many weights or anything aside from your body (used mostly by prisoners or poorfags.)
>>
>>39395466
You'll be killing two birds with one stone by going to a gym, getting fit and losing some of that social anxiety, I started out just like you if not worse and now I have multiple gym bros that I talk to and party with and I've even started to talk to girls which was fucking impossible not so long ago. Try to avoid planet fitness if at all possible, it's generally pretty shit.
>>
>>39395541
>planet fitness is pretty shitty

really... well damn I thought it was supposed to be one of the better gyms out there. what ones would you recommend?
>>
>>39395541
This guy has a great point. Plus, gyms are a great place to get some ez socialization due to the fact you always have one shared interest with the people there. Also, you can partially blame most social retardation on being tired from working out.
>>
>>39395466
Use headphones usually people won't bother you unless they need the equipment you're using.

People always try talking to me cause I'm the strongest dude in the gym but I just reply with one liners and a smile, they usually get it and stop.
>>
Go to a gym, especially if you're a fat fuck. You need the extra encouragement, and the money spent and the knowledge that people are there and will know if you give up in 5 minutes is a perfect drive to keep yourself accountable.
>>
>>39395544
any Gym with proper equipment that allows you to squat,deadlift, and bench properly. and a gym with a power rack
>>
File: 1472789071929.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1472789071929.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>39395553

fucking /fit/ memers, its all they know
>>
>>39395466
Just go to the gym m8, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Trust me.
>>
op here, I have access to a bench. I was thinking about just picking up a cheap treadmill and some weights.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.