[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working Out and Sick? Yay or Nay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 22 - bBoOs.jpg (76KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
22 - bBoOs.jpg
76KB, 537x720px
do you guys think you should work out when sick?
or take time off and focus on getting better before returning?
>>
Rest and get healthy
>>
Take time off to get better. And once you get back take a week to get into your heavy weights and relative high volume again. Don't go straight back to that pr attemp.
>>
>>39392931
almost every time I've done so, I've ended up getting worse and thus postponed my future gainz even more than was necessary.
>>
>>39392931
Here's a list of things that I let prevent me from working out
>>
>>39392931
If you're sniffling a little then go workout. If you can't breathe through your nose, have a pounding headache, or feel like throwing up, then stay home. You'll just have a bad workout and feel worse
>>
rest but don't use it as an excuse to lay in bed for 72 hours str8 ... walk around and stretch, get that blood flowin
>>
>>39392931
it depends on the person I alway fell better after a workout/cardio
>>
fuck being sick i hit the gym even when im sneezing my ass off. if you could lift rhe weight then stop making excuses and get to it
>>
thanks for the response guys, ill prob just stay home
i dont wanna get others sick as well, and honestly, i think thats how i got sick in the first place
fuckers coming in coughing and sniffing all over the place
>>
>>39392931
Hit a new squat PR while I had steep throat, so sure go for it
>>
>>39393005
yeah i really am debating it
one of the ways i see it is that working out is a catabolic process that breaks down the muscles so that it can grow back further, and that while youre sick, your body is focused on getting better and improving your immune system

it seems that breaking down your body further while in this compromised state will not only slow down recovery from being sick, but will also not have optimal gains during this sick period

but im def open to other understandings and more than willing to change my belief
>>
File: get_swahle.gif (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
get_swahle.gif
84KB, 512x512px
>>39392931
>>39393006
i would highly recommend not to. i lifted with a common cold, not only were my sets half-assed but two weeks later i got chest pains that spread to my left arm, know what that means? heart problems. i got an inflammation in a heartmuscle (its called myocarditis). doc said most likely reason why i got it is if you put your heart in physical stress and the virus you have in your body spreads to the heart, nothing dangerous if treated right but if taken lightly can cause permanent damage to your heart and even cause a heart attack, i had to refrain from any sort of activity that causes my heart rate to go up (from phys activity) for a month. so either miss out on gains for a couple of days or miss out on gains for a month. (or worse, life)

so you did the right choice, take care of your body guys. if you're sick, take it easy.
>>
Who is Simone D'Moan?
>>
>>39392931
literally the worst thing you can do to yourself.

you feel good while you are working out.

but the day after you will feel 5x times worse than before.

you are also infecting every with AIDS at the gym.

dont be a retard
>>
>>39392931
have fun killing your heart, retard
>>
>>39392931
fuck people who spread disease at the gym, sneezing all over the equipment, everytime ive been sick the last few years is from the gym
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.