[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epiphany Thread/How You Got Motivated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1475868638592.jpg (38KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1475868638592.jpg
38KB, 640x621px
Has anyone had an epiphany that helped them address the mental illness, addiction, or just plain laziness and apathy that holds you back from making it? If so, share here.

>gf dumps me back in August because she's having a serious religious crisis about keeping her religious values and having sex out of wedlock with me
>I don't see it coming, it devestates me
>I had been having some problems with weed and alcohol to deal with my depression, but I didn't tell her about it
>after the break up I spiral down rapidly
>grades in uni are shit, I'm in danger of failing out of school
>fat as fuck, 6' 1" and 235 lbs
>barely going to the gym
>get entirely annihilated with weed and booze every night to drown my sorrows
>last night have a nightmare about my ex with another man
>usually nightmares don't phase me, but the ones with her always feel too real to dismiss
>feel like shit when I wake up, just like every morning
>thinking of the vivid scene in my dream where I had to watch the woman I love fuck another man
>look at my fat legs, man tits, and gut in bed
>decide I'm done, just like that. I don't want to be this loser anymore
>poor out my booze and have a protein shake
>about to shower and shave for the gym

It's weird, I always thought epiphanies were "AH HAH!" moments, but this is surprisingly mundane considering that expectation. I just got sick of feeling like shit and watching my good looks degenerate because of my addictions. I'm not better, I just hate the thought of being such a far loser more than I hate being sober and having to live with my depression and sadness.
>>
make sure you never forget it. the thing with those moments is you often let real life cloud your drive away. never forget it.
>>
>>39389745
Yeah, sometimes, the brain just shifts 360 degrees, and it feels absurdly normal
>>
When I was a kid in high school I realized I was a nobody at worst and completely fucking average at best.
>>
>Was 5'11, 240 lbs in highschool
>Had my first gf, lasted almost 3 years, found out she was cheating on me, and I broke it off that exact moment
>Balloned up to 310 gradually, mostly through depression
>21st birthday rolls around
>Get absolutely tanked, fall asleep on the floor of my room because can't pull myself up
>Have vivid dreams of my ex gf, feels so real for being a year apart
>dream fades to when I was skinnier, have to watch my decisions rewind themselves, watch in dream-time as I get fat as fuck
>Wake up at 4am, go to bathroom, throw up, and stand in front of mirror looking at myself
>Throw up again, wait outside in the rain until the gym opens at 5, start my first workout

I imagine it was a fear of loneliness, regret, and wanting companionship. I know I will never find a girlfriend it I continued down that path, and I'd die early. I've since controlled my diet and am down 50lbs, and increased my lifts to a moderate level (imo)
>>
>>39389764
Good idea, that's a frightening prospect. I'll write down the dream now, keep it by my bed or something. Reliving the revulsion I had from that dream and myself would be great motivation.
>>
>>39389817
That's the good shit I made this thread for.
>>
>I'm all better! Going to go the gym
>goes on 4chan instead
>probably going to masturbate now
>>
File: 1478134819261.gif (102KB, 468x612px) Image search: [Google]
1478134819261.gif
102KB, 468x612px
>>39389745
>quit cigarettes
>start running every day
>"Wow this feels incredible."
>start bodyweight training and sprint intervals after running
>optimize diet
>sunbathed for that solar energy
>experimented with semen retention
>have insane stamina and endurance
>"Wow this feels phenomenal."
>get a job at a woodworking shop
>lift 12 - 16 ft slabs of lumber daily
>"I need to get stronger."
>present day
>all of my health gains from the past have optimized my strength training
>obsessed with getting really friggin strong using holistic methods

I'm like a monk with this shit. Strength is a principle I live by. Ask me anything.
>>
>>39390205
whats yr fav dnd edition
>>
>>39390230
I prefer Burning Wheel
>>
File: hardgains.jpg (301KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
hardgains.jpg
301KB, 800x533px
> over a year ago now
> smoked pack a day
> alcoholic (0.5l vodka a day or similar amount of absolute alcohol, shakes and paranoia when didnt)
> depressed, suicidal
> 70kg skinnyfat, only hobby LoL and 'chons
> gf of 5 years left (cant really blame, should have done it sooner)

fuck this shit, mama aint raise no lil bitch

> today
> 95kg, stronk and muscular, old friends mirin hard
> dont smoke, dont drink
> got car licence, bought car
> got motorcycle licence, bought motorcycle
> lot of new friends from hobbies, autism has left my body and i can communicate and relate to people
> new gf

I dont even recognize my previous self anymore, and a year ago i wouldnt have believed i would become this good as i have. when trying to put it to words, i think it was the breakup that triggered it, i literally got up one day to kill myself, but thought yolo. started small incremental steps to improving myself. a fire started burning hard that hasnt stopped shining. im a steam-powered tank that tackles all lifes objectives. what also might have helped me in this particular case, was the intent of suicide - i was ready to kill myself, so maybe the bad part of my brain really did die, and gave opportunity to recreate myself.
>>
>>39390178
/fit/ has been a huge part of what helped keep me sane, inspired me to lift occasionally so I didn't completely degenerate into a whale, and kept me interacting with people even in my darkest times to distract me from suicide. I felt it fitting to share my experience considering how important this board has been in keeping me alive.

>>39390205
Hopefully I'll get to the point where running feels incredible, what an inspiring story! Are you full straight edge ascetism?

>>39390604
Damn, mirin hard. I aspire to be able to just get up and do my shit on my own power, that's why I dumped the weed and booze. Going to go through some nasty cravings but getting to the point you're at is the light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>39389745
>be me browsing /a/ daily and doing pretty much nothing but watching anime, reading manga and slaving away at my job
>not even sad with the way I'm living, basically gave up on women
>stare in the bathroom mirror after showering
>look at my naked self and be utterly disgusted by those disgusting love handles and sagging chest fat and puffed up cheeks
>decide to turn my life around and actually read /fit/'s sticky
>discover mfp and start religiously counting calories and macros and doing SS while cutting
Never looked back. I finished my cut and am currently bulking and recently was told for the first time in my life that I look like I lift, while wearing a sweater no less. I'm a cut away from starting up a tinder profile and try to get back into dating or fucking random sloots if possible. It's been 5 years since I fucked a woman I didn't pay, so I might have some starting issues but I'm optimistic. On the downside I spend so much time trying to inform myself about lifting, diet, actually lifting and browsing /fit/ that I stopped following seasonal anime, so that kinda bugs me out but it's probably for the best.
>>
>was 110 lbs
>ex gf did muay thai and pole dancing and was stronger than me
>i had to struggle to lift her at 120
>want to be able to carry my future wife out a church
>want to be able to toss my future kids into the air

i'm able to carry my friend's 6 year old and toss her around now, i can't wait for my own kids.
>>
>>39389745

>date girl, first one who has ever made me want to marry her, our relationship was getting better and better and she was extremely satisfied with it/me too
>girlfriend gets on a new pill
>almost instantly it starts to fuck with her body heavily
>starts having completely random outbursts of sadness/crying where she has zero clue why it's happening
>becomes severely depressed and suicidal, put on meds
>breaks up with me because she doesnt want to keep treating me like shit and to sort herself out (and probably to have no loose ends if she kills herself)
>i start having panic attacks thinking she might have killed herself all the time even checking the obituaries
>keep mindfucking myself going back and forth between thinking she is playing me/manipulating me and it's all a lie, even though ive seen the meds and even brought her to the therapist when it first started happening
>makes me start drinking HEAVILY, as soon as i wake up
>grades go to shit and drop courses to try and not fail
>stop working out completely
>spend all my time drunk and high
>make a fool out of myself at every party, every night out, fuck random girls and pretend they're my ex
>>
>>39389764

>screencapped
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.