[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are foam rollers useful or just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: foam_roller_upper-back-550-468.jpg (32KB, 550x468px) Image search: [Google]
foam_roller_upper-back-550-468.jpg
32KB, 550x468px
Are foam rollers useful or just a meme?
>>
>>39387874

They are very useful in my experience.
I used rolling to help out a shoulder issue that was fucking with my pressing. It helped loosen up my shoulder movement greatly.

I have used it for quads, calves and hips also, which feels so painfully good, and does leave you feeling looser and better, but I haven't had any injury or tightness issues with my legs to say if it helps with that. I think it would though.
>>
>>39387874
They help loosen your muscles, increase flexibility, increase blood flow and get you in the zone. They're nice, but don't expect any magic
>>
I'm thinking about getting one for my traps, wich are always in tension. Has anyone here used a foam roller on this area?
>>
File: spky-ball.jpg (217KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
spky-ball.jpg
217KB, 600x596px
>>39387959
I use this for my traps. Works pretty good
>>
>>39387874
Med bro here. They work if you use them right.
If you're rolling your muscles like dough you're doing it all wrong.

The key is to keep the tight part of the muscle on the roller as some parts aren't tight and don't need to be rolled first. About 3x0:30 with hitting three tight areas each set or the same one you'll get the benefit.
>>
>>39387874
There legit.... They help and make you feel "loosened" up.
>>
>>39389148
What do you mean by "loosened"?
>>
They're great for loosening up the muscles that are tight/sore

the downside is that using it can feel a bit awkward because of the positioning that you have to do.

Also, sometimes the foam roller can't reach those deep areas that get super sore, like the internal muscles of the lower back after a heavy set of deadlifts/squats for example.
>>
>>39389748
You know what he meant.
>>
love rolling my lats, mid back, traps and legs with one. surely an investment worthy
>>
>>39389776
Why the quotes?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.