[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to a combination of weird lingering injuries and getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: rock-climb-fairfield-home-1.jpg (702KB, 1500x719px) Image search: [Google]
rock-climb-fairfield-home-1.jpg
702KB, 1500x719px
Due to a combination of weird lingering injuries and getting burnt out on lifting (in part from trying to avoid getting hurt or work around being hurt), pretty much the only exercise I do now is indoor rock climbing 3-4 times a week.

I've gotten pretty into it and I'm wondering if a) anyone else here climbs and b) can you recommend any good workouts or exercises specifically for that?

I'd love to get into lifting again but I get bored/frustrated trying to avoid aggravating old injuries. It's gotten to the point where I don't ever even get on /fit anymore, but that's a net gain really
>>
One time bump
>>
>>39386133
anon bumping
>>
File: 1474861403956.jpg (61KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1474861403956.jpg
61KB, 577x577px
I climb and lift, hard. Its very fun but If you dont want to injure stuff, unless you're <145lbs, you are going to inevitably pull, dislocate and injure things it's just the sport. I can give tips more specifically if you give me the specific type of climbing you're doing (Lead, Bouldering, Belay, Ice)
>>
>>39386211

For sure, thanks for the response.

I'm 5'9, 155 lbs. I'm bouldering and doing tall climbs (top rope belay). I'm just barely at v3's on bouldering problems and climbing 5.10a's and b's on tall climb.

I have a lingering shoulder injury that has persisted for about 1.5 years but has never been identified, even on MRIs.

The major problem is that I've largely stopped lifting altogether and fallen exclusively into climbing. I think I still need to work in some strength training and probably cardio to progress as much as for general fitness
>>
File: 1476146722641.jpg (79KB, 315x565px) Image search: [Google]
1476146722641.jpg
79KB, 315x565px
>>39386363
You're going to have to rely more on your lats, bi, and tris a lot more if you do not want that injury to persist and BE CAREFUL and KNOW YOUR LIMITS I cannot stress this enough. With an injury in an intense sport like bouldering, you might be one little grab away from finally completing that climb and right there is the difference between permanent and temporary damage. Foam roll and stretch everyday and one final thing ALWAYS LET GO-ALWAYS. Take it from me I have torn my Tris once and the same bicep 2 times holding on and jerking your body around is a good way to go to tear city.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.