[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stronglifts 5x5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Deep-Squat.jpg (151KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
Deep-Squat.jpg
151KB, 738x415px
Hey guys!

Came here around 5 months ago looking for some advice, decided not to ask for it but instead read the sticky. I have been doing the Stronglifts 5x5 Workout in that time. I am 6'2", and went from 92kg to 85kg, 22% body fat and now I am at 18%! Feels good man! I have had a couple of 2 week breaks from the program as I've had to travel for work, but so far my lifs for the Powerlifts 5x5 are

Squat 82.5kg
Bench 45kg
Overhead Press 37.5kg
Bent Over Row 40kg
Deadlift 1x5 at 95kg (120kg 1RM)

I am going to keep going on this program for another month and see how my progress is. What do you guys reccomend I move on to in terms of a program when I start to peak? I want to get a better level of fitness so have been using this to get stronger and lose body fat, and I am still wanting to do heavy weight training but not with the goal of getting massive. I want to be athletic. My goal is to have 12% body fat, being able to work well with my body weight with calisthenic exercises, whilst still lifting heavy weights.

Thanks for any advice in advance!
Pic related, although not me!
>>
you are still pretty weak, I would recommend doing the program longer than just 1 month more. your lifts should still be going up almost every workout right ? so as long as that is the case keep doing Stronglifts or another novice program.
>>
>>39384401
Not OP, when would you say is a good time to stop the program?

2plate everything?
>>
>>39384430
When you learn the mechanics behind the program to start your own programming, you need to count calories, understand in what your body can and can't do, and supplement with accessories to improve it. SL is just building a base for you to start exercising, most people think they can start learning how to lift before they know how to exercise
>>
>>39384430
when you can't progress linearly anymore
>>
>>39384401

OP here. I am going up 2.5kg every work out still. I am starting to find certain things a real struggle now like the overhead press - becauase it works a smaller muscle group, and the bent over row too.

>>39384430
What is a 2plate?
>>
>>39384349
Keep doing it for a year with that slow ass shit progress
>>
>>39384475
It's when you take 2 plates and spin them in the air and catch each one one-handed before they hit the ground. Builds forearm strength.
>>
>>39384465

OP here, I like to think I am fairly well versed with exercising as I have done martial arts for 3 years and running on and off. I am fine doing this program for just now but I am keen to start a program with some accessories!

>>39384467

How do you determine not being able to progress? To my understanding after a week at the same weight with no improvement, you knock it back to 70% of what you were lifting and work it back up. How many times do you do this before it is classed as non progression?

>>39384491

You are right, I done the math. I should have been able to get to where I was at in half the time, however after the two breaks I have taken I have come back lifting lighter than before and working my way back up for fear of injury.
>>
>>39384532
if you read more about SL there is a certain point where the program will change to 3x5 if you have to deload like 3 times or so.

And you dont instantly go down in weight if you fail, only after you failed a certain weight 3x in a row. I would say after 3 deloads or so with no change it is time to change the program.

As a rule of thumb you should definitely be able to bench around 80kg, Squat 100kg and DL 130kg or so before having to change - not that you necessarily have to but you can at that point.

and 2 plate means 100kg aka 2x20kg plates on each side of the bar.
>>
>>39384613

I will be squating 100kg at the end of the month if I keep up at the rate I am going! I will stick on this until I can't get any better gains.

Can I be adding in accessories to this? I normally do 2 sprint training sessions and a long distance session after each workout but that is because my job requires me to run!
>>
>>39384349
>Bench 45kg
>weigh 85kg
>>
>>39384952
you can add accessories in the form of chinups and dips or so.

https://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-assistance-exercises-pullups-pushups/
>>
>>39385099
Not the guy you were replying to, but I was actually curious about this, so thanks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.