[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Heavy weight with low reps vs. low weight high reps. Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: brazilian-girl_world-cup-2006.jpg (75KB, 440x620px) Image search: [Google]
brazilian-girl_world-cup-2006.jpg
75KB, 440x620px
>Heavy weight with low reps vs. low weight high reps.

Go
>>
>>39377462
Low weights and low reps

I have honestly gotten way better looking aesthetically doing this

To balance out volume I just do a lot of different exercises
>>
>>39377462
Heavy weight for high reps
Sets of 8-12

Those two choice make it seem like you want to just stay small
>>
>>39377462
Both.
>>
>>39377490
Dont listen to this guy, honestly thats a good workout plan if you want to hurt yourself or overtrain
>>
>>39377462
Weight reps, low heavy.
>>
>>39377530
>overtrain

You sound like a cuck that doesnt eat or sleep to grow.
>>
>>39377462
Jesus, is it newfags or shitposting? Or some unholy combination?

First off, depends on your goals. Do you wanna get better at lifting heavy shit? Lift heavy shit. Wanna get better at lifting moderately heavy shit for longer? Lift moderately heavy shit for longer.

As for muscle growth, it doesn't matter.

Muscle growth is stimulated by how close you get to reaching failure. So if benching, say, 1000kg for 12 reps wears me out more than I wore out OP's mum last night, that's going to stimulate my muscle the same as lifting a higher weight for lower reps.

>It's how much you work your muscles and how fatigued they get
Your muscles really don't give a flying fuck about whether it's heavy for less reps, or slightly lighter for several more.

That being said, the amount of sets you do definitely matters. 4 sets is generally better than 3, but hard with high weights, so often you see people doing slightly lower weights with higher reps, and 4 sets. Works fine.

Also, higher reps with lower weight is slightly better on joints, but lower reps and higher weight is better if you're going for powerlifting.

In other words, go out and fucking lift, and you'll probably grow.

>>39377490
Kek. Basically this. Lift heavy shit for as many reps and sets as possible.

>>39377530
If you're lifting the heaviest you can lift for a certain rep range, that's not "overtraining", that's called "weightlifting". It's kinda a big deal on this board. The anon you're replying to is probably trying to tell people not to lift a bitch ass weight and justify it as "high reps, brah!"

Which is good advice.
>>
>>39377569
When i said heavy weights for high reps im talking about working rep ranges. for example sets of 8-12 if you can lift something 12 times you're lifting too light.
>>
>>39377606
It doesn't really matter, though. If you're lifting a weight that you'd fail on the 13th rep, and you're progressively increasing the weight, then you'll make plenty of gains.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>39377488
>>
>>39377462
>What are accessories?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.