[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

craigslist gym buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 00V0V_4xDFsxjQCJW_1200x900.jpg (59KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
00V0V_4xDFsxjQCJW_1200x900.jpg
59KB, 675x900px
I came across this rack with bench and weights on craigslist for only $500 for everything in pic to the left. Is this a good deal? I am getting older and doubt I will even hit 4 plate squats ever but I guess its not out of the question.. will this rack hold up?

good buy or pass?
>>
>>39377178
I guess? but thats like 2 years of a gym membership at a normal gym + 2 years of maintenance fees+ a k
>>
>>39377188
Im not a big fan of commercial gyms.. its not so much the fees but that I have to be around people.. people in general suck.
>>
buy that shit its a very good deal, you can negotiate it down too
>>
>>39377188
your numbers make no sense, gyms are 20$ a month x 24 months = 480 = what hes paying. what the fuck are maintenance fees and + a k?
>>
>>39377242
I just came across the ad 10 minutes ago anon... sadly it wont come with 'an obscene amount of weight' to test out while I am there so instead I turn to the internet and hope for someone who has had experience with this rack and what its capable of.
>>
>>39377267
my gym is 16 a month 40 dollar fee a year and i was typing a night out at the movies but i am retarded
>>
>>39377292
its gonna be able to hold weight fine, its an olympic bar. as long as it isnt warped it will be able to hold at least 500lbs without a problem.
>>
>>39377304
the gym that is 2 blocks away from me that is kind of a shit hole is $10/m plus 40/y the only thing nice about it is that they have a digital spin class with about 10 different classes to choose from... being that I cycle a lot that is kind of nice but overall the place kind of blows.
>>
>>39377242
FUCK you
I JUST got FIRED
>>
>>39377217
>people in general suck.
You can turn down oral sex anon. It's your choice, not theirs.
>>
>>39378061
It's fucking 4chan, what did you expect?
>>
>>39377242
>tfw haven't had sex with an asian
>tfw in relationship
Fug. And fug you for posting this and reminding me.
That's a good deal. If I had that deal, I would.
>>
Don't forget to account for the time you save not having to drive/walk to the gym. Also 500 seems like a pr good deal if you have a truck or something to pick it up.
>>
>>39378464
OP, don't forget you'll get full of yourself and choke under the bar while doing bench!
RIP. Can we get a eulogy going for our DYEL boy?
>>
>>39378464
The gym I go to is about a 3.5 minute walk from my house, so that's certainly a non-issue. I'm paying for convenience and not using half my garage for much less convenience than the gym offers of me, but the trade-off really is that I have to deal with a bunch of DYEL faggots curling on a bosu ball in the only squat rack.
>>
>>39378522
>less convenience
Meant equipment, but kind of the same thing really in my case.
>>
>>39378526
i guess waiting for a squat rack is a waste of time too. if you already go to the gym consistently, it's probably a good investment. i think the anon above was getting at the fact that some people will buy a home gym b/c they think their spaghetti is stopping them from lifting, but then they just quit lifting at home too.
>>
>>39377178
It's not bad price wise. I've never seen a rack that couldn't handle 400lbs and this one looks fairly sturdy so I wouldn't worry about that. Bar looks pretty cheap, if anything is gonna get damaged when you fail a lift it will be that, but as long as you're not a dummy and don't straight up drop the bar onto the safeties it should be fine.
>>
>>39378566

opposite experience here, I hit the gym off and on for years and ended up losing all motivation due to the whole routine of getting there a peak times

got a home gym together in january and been using it solid since, totally worked for me
>>
>>39377178
do it! its cheap and you can train everything
>>
>>39378522
> curling on a bosu ball in the only squat rack
p-people don't really do this do they?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.