[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newbie here, trying to throw together an ab routine to do on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 13.gif (17KB, 290x300px) Image search: [Google]
13.gif
17KB, 290x300px
Newbie here, trying to throw together an ab routine to do on my cardio days. I tried alternating upper/lower/all-over. Probably 3 sets/20 reps each, 60 second planks.

-Leg Lift
-Leg Lift with twist
-Plank
-Flutter Kicks
-Weighted Crunch
-Russian Twist

Decent/horrendous? Suggestions?
>>
>>39375518
>ab day
>>
>>39375575
Lel u rite, i forgot no one on this board actually lifts
>>
Brahj
>>
>>39375518
you don't really need that much. at most you would want 3 ab workouts with 3 sets each.
>>
>>39375796
Alright thanks! i figured it was overkill but i'm sick of having this beer belly look even though i run all the time
>>
>>39375575
>>39375625
Ab day is stupid.
The next day when you need your abs to support lifts like squat and dl, they'll be fatigued.
>>
>>39375518
>-Russian Twist

Enjoy your bulging lumbar disks.
>>
>ab day
>>39376124
This, throw in some accessories on your regular workouts
>>
>>39375518
If you want aesthetics don't do crunches, don't do leg lifts.

Do planks and most importantly do ab vaccums
>>
>>39376191

What kind of accessories? Not entirely sure what you mean. i understand not wanting to burn our your abs, but deadlifts and squats won't make a thinner stomach
>>
>>39376227
anything to show this isnt just a meme?
>>
>>39375518
>AxBxAxx
A
Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5
Standing crunch 3x15

B
Squats 3x5
Press 3x5
Dead 1x5
Leg ups 3x12-5
>All you need as a novice
>>
>>39377651
>ab work to make thinner stomach

Fucks sake op
>>
>>39375518
leg raises/toes to bar 3-5 sets of 10 reps, once a week.

Also, eat less fatty.
>>
ab rolls
>>
>>39377651
>but deadlifts and squats won't make a thinner stomach
Neither will doing 500 crunches, if you believe in sport reduction you have a lot more homework to do than looking up ab isolation exercises
>>
>>39378895
The Press™
>>
>>39378915
But muh macros. Really, i've watched what i eat. No pizza, no pop, no hella obviously fatty foods. Eggs, bagels, milk, water, greek yogurt, oats, etc. I've laid off the beer as much as i can tolerate, that would be my biggest issue. It's not a perfect diet, but i'm also not competing.

>>39380179
Worry not friend, i know spot reduction is a myth. But i've been eating fairly clean, running and lifting for 8 months now, and i've made some good n00b gains, i just still have this beer belly look. It's a thin layer of fat, so i believe the next step is to get my abs working.

6'1", 205 lbs, deadlift 200/squat 160/bench 140. Still hella noobie, i realize this, but i refuse to believe that i have a tiny stomach solely because of fat.
>>
>>39380625
The reason you have a gut is because you're 205lbs. I'm not saying your shouldn't work you core, but a 6'1" 205lbs guy with visible abs is going to have a lot of muscle mass, which simply isn't your case yet.
>>
>>39375518
Ab roller and leg raises all youll need
>>
>>39380728
Alright, thanks. Maybe i am just deluding myself and need to give it more time/eat even better. I was just skeptical because i feel that i've made really good progress, but the only thing that hasn't changed is my damn gut.
>>
>>39376107
Eat less, read the sticky, etc etc
>>
>>39380871
I had a somewhat similar frustration, but then I read a bit about it and talked to a friend of mine who really knows this stuff

From what I understand, men typically store most of their body fat around their belly, so that's going to be the last part your fat is once you start losing fat

That's why you most likely see development really soon in the chest, arms, some back, but not so much around you waist

Indeed it takes quite a bit of time because the body tends to like having at least some fat, for safety purposes

From here on it's not verifiable but I think it makes sense:
The way your body usually processes sugar is the following: nice steady input of sugar, it figures "hey I can deal with this, I'll start breaking it apart and putting it to good use and energy"
However, if you "spike" it with sugar (much like diabetics tend to experience from large amounts of sweets in one go), it will react more like "ok I can break-up about half of this now, but the rest is too much; I don't wanna waste it so I'll put it for safe keeping in this fat here"
So if you do have sweets, you can try having them after working out (when you need extra energy) or in low steady doses
>and now the haha you're a retard end-of-argument anons
>>
Your compound lifts should do the bulk of your ab work. Adding in a few ab accessories after your main workout is fine but an ab day is stupidstupidstupid.
>>
>>39382235

Mind critiquing the routine then? I read the sticky, started searching, got lost, ended up ripping this program from one of the named routines.

AxBxCxx

A:
Deadlift 3x5
Chinup 3x8
DB row 2x8
Lateral Pulldown 3x8
EZ Bar curl 2x10
Hammer Curl 1x10

B:
DB Bench press 3x5
Incline DB bench press 2x8
Dips 2x8
Seated DB OHP 2x8
Skullcrushers 2x8
Lateral Raises 2x8
Pushdown 2x10
DB Flye 1x10

C:
Squat 4x5
Straight-leg Deadlift 2x8
Lunges 2x8
Leg Curl/Leg Press 2x8 superset
Calf Raises 3x10
>>
>>39382199
Makes a lot of sense, thank you very much! I will keep at it, and take a closer look at my diet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.