[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Arnold's Blueprint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: arnold.jpg (41KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
41KB, 500x312px
About to start bulking. Thinking about doing Arnold's blueprint for mass.

>6 days a week
>Chest/back
>shoulders/arms
>Legs
>Chest/back
>shoulders/arms
>legs (with deadlift)
>Rest

Here is a link to the first 4 weeks of his program:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2014/arnoldblueprint_mass_phaseone-v1.1.pdf

and here's a link to the second 4 weeks:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2014/arnoldblueprint_mass_phasetwo-v1.1.pdf
>>
>>39374494
are u on roids? if not don't bother
>>
>>39374504
Was arnold on roids?
>>
>>39374504
why not?
>>
I've done his blueprint to mass twice, blueprint to cut once. Volume is too high for a natural lifter. You WILL feel fatigued around week 5, get injured and end up having to rest a few weeks. Even with a perfect diet and sleep, it's too much.

Made really good aesthetics progress though.
>>
File: cartoon-hill-laugh.jpg (14KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon-hill-laugh.jpg
14KB, 556x561px
>>39374553
>>
File: ss.png (397KB, 851x823px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
397KB, 851x823px
>>39374596
This is the goal (aesthetics) not strength. I've always lifted for strength, and i'm just kind of bored of that and madcow.

Wilks score of 337 and 81.2 proficiency score so intermediate/advanced
>>
>>39374723
Plain and simple, it's too much volume for a natural lifter. You could reduce sets and potentially run the program. I did it after 2.5 years of lifting, Wilks of 74.
>>
Hey I did this program all through the summer. I had always gone to the gym but never made any significant aesthetic or strength gains. After following the program closely and monitoring my intake, I began to notice significant improvements in my lifts. I fully recommend it OP, just make sure to read all of the accompanying documentation on diet and lifting technique. Definitely one of the better routines, in my case at least.
>>
>>39374494
I've done it several times, love the intensity and I made my best gains with it. Give it a try
>>
>>39374767
you think its fine if im doing a relatively light test-E cycle
>>
>>39375280
Might be possible, I was at/slightly above my limit and my test levels were in the 875-900 ng/dl last time at the clinic.

Try it, but if at week 5 you start feeling heavily fatigued, listen to your body.
>>
i did it and it worked great for me but its a shitload of volume so u best eat like an animal and get plenty of rest
>>
File: 1464725921719.png (382KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
1464725921719.png
382KB, 480x478px
>>39374494
>one muscle group per workout day
>not accounting for 48h muscle protein synthesis and having 3 full body workouts per week

steroids don't account for shit routines
>>
>>39374596
Expanding a bit on this, I have in my notes from the time that it probably wouldn't be that bad of a program if you ran it with a rest day after each cycle (ABCx vs ABCABCx).
>>
i still use the 10x4 with 45 seconds rest on my compounds. its absolutely amazing.
>>
>>39374723
>Wilks score of 337 and 81.2 proficiency score so intermediate/advanced
No, how strong you are has little to do with what progression you should follow.
>>
>>39375706
>>Wilks score of 337 and 81.2 proficiency score so intermediate/advanced

Well, I've been stalling quite a bit on madcow for the past 2 months or so, and I want to be in the gym more. I'm between doing a 5 day L/UxLPPx split and arnolds PPLPPLx split. Possibly switch it to PPLxPPLx if it is too tiring.

Also, I thought wilks score of 350+ was like advanced? Care to explain how strength and progression are not as related as I thought they were?
>>
>>39375930
For example, someone with great genetics can linearly progress up to a 350 wilks, while someone with shit genetics can't progress linearly beyond 150 wilks.

If you're stalling, you should make sure your recovery is good (enough foot/sleep/stress-free).
Then you should check if adding more sets helps.
If neither helps, you switch to programming where you progress over longer periods of time.
>>
>>39375425
Do you live in the US?

My doctor told me test levels are super expensive.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.