[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Box squat tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I have been working out for a few months with my schools weight lifting class, most people mind there own and we are set into small groups of 4 or 5 so we all have enough spotters. Recently I have gotten a new group and they are all maybe 1-3 inches taller than me. recently they have been giving me crap bc they say for box squats i don't have to go as far as they do, we all use the same box so it is possible i only have to go a little bit less than they do but that wouldn't have any significant impact on my training, would it? I ask bc i want to do the workout correctly but i don't think my height gives me that much of an advantage ( at least not enough of an advantage to be squatting 155lbs more than them

TLDR: spottingmates are giving me shit for being shorter and thus making box squats easier. I believe that even if my height made a difference that it wouldn't make enough of one for me to lift 155lbs more than them,
>>
>>39367562
Why are you not just doing normal squats, or paused squats? waaay better than box squats.
>>
It's about femur length, the shorter the femur the less ROM you need to make parallel. Usually taller guys have longer legs so yes it will be easier for short guys usually, but most tall guys have the advantage when it comes to deadlifting as they have longer arms. But again it's all relative to the rest of your body so I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>39367562
It's just shit talk. HTFU, tell them to fucking cry harder, then out squat them again.
>>
>>39367601
for our class we lift every other day and we do 2 core exercises each day accompanied by several auxiliaries. Day 1: Bench + squat, Day 2: Power Cleans + Deadlifts, Day 3: Box Squat + Towl Bench.
We repeat after the 3rd day and we change the reps and sets according to the bigger faster stronger program.

>>39367643
Yea i guess that makes sense but the point they where trying to make was that if they where 2 inches or so shorter they would be able to magically lift an extra 155lbs for box squat. I believe it has some impact but not 155bs of difference
>>
>>39367562
Wtf are you doing box squats for
>>
>>39367680
basicly our schools program follows the bigger faster stronger program and the programs has those in there. to me its a waste of a day.
>>
>>39367680
the theory is that stretch reflex gives you power out of the hole. actually resting at parallel forces your muscles to generate the power themselves.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.