[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn You, Genetics!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: chromosomes.jpg (210KB, 1794x1195px) Image search: [Google]
chromosomes.jpg
210KB, 1794x1195px
Should I become Tripcancer? I have a proposal and I want you guys to tell me if you think it would be helpful or if it sounds like self-indulgent faggotry.

I've lurked /fit/ for years but only been an occasional poster, a couple times a month. A year ago, I found out that I have a genetic disease that makes me pretty much the worst candidate for /fit/ness.

Basically, I'm the opposite of those belgian blues - My disease upregulates myostatin production and causes chronic muscle wasting. It also causes degenerative joint disease, and makes you have sudden brain aneurysms and die if you lift heavy OR take steroids. (It's called aneurysms-osteoarthritis syndrome).

As a kicker, it also gives me mild scoliosis, Scheuermann's kyphosis, a deformed ribcage, unusually poor joint stability, asthma, makes me mildly allergic to almost everything, makes me unusually susceptible to infections, and makes me take much longer than usual to heal from soft-tissue injuries like sprains or bursitis.

Doctors think it's unrelated, but I also happen to be 6'7 tall, so I'm living the lanklet meme too.

Okay - so my point is that I might be the worst candidate for /fit/ness on the planet. It took me 2 years to hit a 1pl8 squat. Now I know why.
>>
But my first response when I found out how bad my disease was was "I HATE GOD-DAMNED FATTIES". The thing is, I was in better physical shape than an average person. I wasn't a beast or anything but I looked alright, and I was squatting 70kg, which is above what an average adult male can do. Me, with all my setbacks, had achieved more than these people who sit on their ass and eat, and blame their (flawless) genetics.

Since the diagnosis, I was told it was "Suicidal" to continue exercising, since they didn't know if I would give myself a major haemmorhage and suddenly die. I had to stop all exercise, and for a year I didn't do ANY exercise, while they scanned every blood vessel in my body for aneurysms. Last week I was given the clear by my cardiologist who said I could return to non-explosive exercise at about half the intensity I was at before, as long as they keep observing me closely for arterial issues.

Today I had my first workout in a year. I did 3 sets of 10 bodyweight squats (beast, right?). I can barely move my legs now. It will take me at least a year to get back to an average level of strength. But the thing is - I want to see how far I can go with this.
I'm a guy who literally can't take steroids without dying. I can't exercise like everybody else, and my joints are tearing themselves to pieces every time I use them. I want to prove to the sadcunts out there just what the absolute minimum is. I want to set the baseline for what can genuinely be blamed on genetics. I want to be better than average so that we can all earnestly point to anyone whose less fit than I am, and tell them they're fucking pathetic.
So I know /fit/ isn't some kind of personal blog, but I'm considering tripfagging and posting semi-regular progress updates, so that in a few years from now everyone can point to my progress (?) pics and say "That's the absolute minimum".
>>
Either that or I'll die, they're not exactly clear on what my life expectancy is, but fuck it. My body will fall apart whether I use it or not. I don't plan on going down quietly.

So I guess I'm leaving it up to you guys, do you want me to trip like 4 times a year and talk about training with a fucked up body? Or is that just a shit idea.
>>
>>39364388
Fuck yeah man trip away
>>
>>39364398
Agreed. Put on a good trip that represents who you are. Just make sure to plague the board with cancerous personal shit like the rest of the trips, so you fit in.

For real though, I'd be interested in seeing your fitness journey and a trip would be appropriate for chronicling it.
>>
>>39364388
Hey mane, really sorry to hear about your malfunction. I would really enjoy to hear more from how you overcome those difficulties. I might sometime meet with someone that has a similar problem and your experience could help me help him
>>
I'll only bump it once. Any input is cool.
>>
Yep id be interested, post pics too pls
>>
>>39364423
Yeah, I'll be a cancerous faggot. How's this name?

>>39364434
I will. It's not impressive, I'm a sickly lanklet skinnyfat with mild skeletal deformities and weird proportions.

I'll get some standard angles, arms in, arms out, kinda be scientific about it.
>>
File: 1470161223367.png (68KB, 561x378px) Image search: [Google]
1470161223367.png
68KB, 561x378px
>>39364380

You don't need permission to use a trip.
But yes, me and many others would be interested in following your updates.

Your fight is hard, harder than that of many of us, but never give up!
We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>39364450
I know I don't need to ask, but I'd rather not suddenly show up and start making threads about myself as though I should matter to everyone.

At least not without getting a few folks to tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks this is an okay idea.
>>
File: 232354365489.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
232354365489.png
56KB, 500x500px
>>39364380
Oh my god, dude. I am so sorry.

Good luck on your endeavors. And yeah man definitely trip!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.