[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Gym_wiki1.jpg (347KB, 1600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Gym_wiki1.jpg
347KB, 1600x1059px
What is the best way to approach a new gym so that I don't get locked into the role of a sperg autist. Do you say hello to everyone working the same gear as you? Help.
>>
>>39355931
I give everyone there a firm handshake
>>
>>39355931
I kiss everyone on the lips.
>>
I share needles with the roider in the back part of the gym
>>
>>39355931
I fuck everyone in the ass.
>>
>>39355941
Autism
>>
If you get close to someone and your eyes meet, then you can say hello. but only if they don't have headphones on.
>>
>>39355931
bake them whey cakes as a gift of friendship
>>
>>39355931
Lol, you're such a fucking aspie.

I'll respond seriously, although the other responses were funny.

No, you don't say hello unless they know you, or say hello themselves. You don't even need to talk to people unless you want to use a machine or work station that they are on or very close to.

"Excuse me man, are you using the bench?"
Just ask a version of this question for every exercise you feel like doing.
If they are obviously using a work station, you ask how many sets they have left, but don't say it in an expecting tone, people will dislike feeling rushed. It's best to ask instead of floating around if the gym is crowded. If the gym is pretty empty though, you don't need to ask, just wait til they are done.
The gym isn't a social centre, people often don't talk to each other at all.
>>
>>39355931
Walk in like rich piana

/thread
>>
don't worry about how much weight your lifting, you're competing against yourself, not anyone else.

as for etiquette i'd say the most important stuff is:

put plates back in their proper place when you're finished if you sweat a lot, wipe off equipment when you're done

don't occupy more than one piece of equipment at a time

don't stare creepily at the grills

don't talk to people who are in the middle of their sets

i'd also recommend finding a good program and stick to it. don't weigh yourself, results will come if you put in the effort, don't be in a hurry to change.

most mature people will respect anyone who are in the gym working to improve themselves, no matter their size or how much they lift.
>>
ban test
>>
Any other general etiquette tips for a dyel know-nothing?
>>
>>39355931
You need to stablish male dominance, find the biggest male and lift heavier and with more reps. If you see anyone doing something so what impressive, it is your duty to go over there and top it.

Less than any of this and you're forever a bottom feeder faggot. The guy squatting with cargo shorts and sandals will have a higher status than you.
>>
>>39355931
If you have to ask...
>>
>>39357991
This male dominance is key,
When your on the squat rack use the public stabilization plug instead of your own, it shows your not afraid of others scents.

Likewise when your done and in the locker room make sure to clean yourself out on the plug machines,
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.