[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: adjustable-bench-workout.png (243KB, 563x380px) Image search: [Google]
adjustable-bench-workout.png
243KB, 563x380px
I live in a really small apartment and I only have enough room for an adjustable bench and a few dumbells, pic related.

Every gym around here is crowded as FUCK, so I want to be able to work out at home and use the real gym as little as possible. I figure I can do arms, chest, and shoulders with this setup at home. I could go to the gym for legs/back. Does this make sense? Any suggestions of what kind of bench or weights I should buy?
>>
Maybe you should look into going to the gym when its not prime time.
>>
>>39354276

believe me, i have already explored this option in depth
>>
>>39354311
Doesnt sound like it
>>
>>39354258
I recently did this and just got a bench with a squat rack for $199 and then a bar with 300lbs. of plates for another $219 from Dick's. This allows me to work out alone and avoid going to a gym which would kill all my motivation.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22455776
>>
used squat cage and bench
>>
File: 511jWj0kaML._SL1000_.jpg (39KB, 398x1000px) Image search: [Google]
511jWj0kaML._SL1000_.jpg
39KB, 398x1000px
>>39354258
if you have room for a bench, you have room for H stands
>>
>>39354258
get an adjustable bench off amazon, check their best sellers and get a spin lock dumbell set, one of the 200lbs ones. I think I saw they are like $190 and you can get a good adjustable bench for like about $200. Aside from that I would get some reistance bands and make a trx suspension trainer, basically look at scooby's home gym article
>>
File: Mina Gullord Engebråten.jpg (428KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Mina Gullord Engebråten.jpg
428KB, 2048x1365px
You need:

1. Squat Rack
2. Bench
3. A barbell

thats literally every damn thing you need. 1 barbell, something to do bench press on, and something to help you with squats. with that, you can do like a billion exercises, including the only 4 you really need:

Bench, squats, deadlifts, military press
>>
>>39354672
bench is great to have, but optional. You can just do floor press instead of bench press
>>
>>39354672
>>39354721

True.

All you need is a damn barbell & something to assist you with squats (squat rack or H stands). I'd recommend having a bench too, though. But yeah, with that alone, you can get fit af. Every damn machine at the gym is inferior to what you can do with that, no joke
>>
>>39354751
truth
>>
>>39354258
Get a bench and some plates used on craiglist. Got myself a bar and the plates from 2-45lbs in set for about $150. Just get your self a bench that goes high enough for your squats and if you wanna do some pull ups
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.