[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are machines truly as bad as they say. Ok for beginners? Usabe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: machine-training.jpg (195KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
machine-training.jpg
195KB, 500x350px
Are machines truly as bad as they say.
Ok for beginners? Usabe by experts? Or should everyone stay away?
>>
Machines are good accessory work, if you have a specific muscle falling behind you can use them to pinpoint
>>
Machines were great for me post-hernia surgery, not to mention the wonders that a reverse hyper will do.

However, the problem with machines is that your body doesn't engage the minor stabilizer muscles and you develop your muscles in an unbalanced way compared to compound exercises with free weights.

All that said and the only thing that matters is that you lift heavy things up and put them down. Machines will still get you there, just slower than free weights.
>>
>>39353520
Accessory at best.
>>
File: yes yes.gif (12KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
yes yes.gif
12KB, 501x504px
It's really good for you, go- I mean guy. Best way to build strength.
>>
machines are good for dem aesthetics

if you care about strength then dont use them?
>>
>>39353520
machines have their place it's just that people on /fit/ behave like infants. anything thats not barbells and whole milk is dyel, numale or whatever. imagine you're a trainer and your client is a grandma who hasn't done anything athletic are you gonna make her do heavy rack pulls and drink whole milk?
>>
>>39355184
dem nanna gains

grandkids are made in the kitchen, fool.

Reverse dumbbell flies? what for oldfag? just go home and pull apart the hard candy that has been fused together for decades.
>>
>>39355184
Yeah my grandma was able to rackpull 495lb at the age of 87. Stop making excuses and try harder faggot.
>>
>>39353520
They're good for focusing on specific areas that haven't been developed as much. I use one for my chest, for example, because my bench press is so shit in comparison to everything else.
>>
>>39353520
The cable ones are fine

The bad thing about machines is that you're forced to move according to the machines path rather than your bodies natural movement range, and that you don't train your stabilizer muscles.

So those two might fuck you up in the long run, especially your joints
>>
I do compound freeweight lifts first and then isolation machines as accessories.
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>39355184
http://www.gq.com/story/grandma-deadlift
Yeah.
>>
>>39355184
Of course they aren't you fucking imbecile, that goes against the whole point of a plate loadable barbell: setting an appropriate weight to help improve strength FOR AN INDIVIDUAL TRAINEE.

Any trainer with an ounce of professionalism and common sense will have an 87 year old woman start very light on leg presses etc till she's able to move to the bar. /fit/ advocates barbells to most because literally nobody on /fit/ is an 87 year old woman - they're mostly young men who have no excuse to be faggoting around with machines. Take your strawman and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>39355184
And this
http://startingstrength.com/video/strength_training_its_never_too_late
>>
File: 2546513216874.jpg (8KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
2546513216874.jpg
8KB, 280x180px
>>39353520
I use them when I'm exhausted at the end of my workout to push out a few reps without caring about form too much
>>
File: 1469056648334.jpg (249KB, 1203x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1469056648334.jpg
249KB, 1203x1447px
>>39355533
>Routine: World War 2 x F
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.