[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Counting calories correctly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1456478452129.jpg (53KB, 361x577px) Image search: [Google]
1456478452129.jpg
53KB, 361x577px
Hi, this might seem very stupid question but im serious. When you read nutritional fact table; is that amount of calories written on 100g of something meant to be total sum of all calories from proteins carbs and everything or do I have to add those separately?

Thanks for answering my stupid question.
>>
>>39349049
Yeah if you are trying to get a certain number of calories by gram then you would have to add all of the calories you will eat together.

20g of carbs from a cookie
+ 5g of carbs from a celery stick
---
25g of carbs in total.
>>
File: nutritionIndex.gif (7KB, 219x347px) Image search: [Google]
nutritionIndex.gif
7KB, 219x347px
>>39349191
I mean like on pic related. That number 200 per serving is definite? Or should I add all calories from carbs, protons and such to that number?
>>
>>39349049
>Impregnate that
>>
>>39349242

The 200 is the total calories from fat, carbs and protein. But remember that many times these are still inaccurate, and don't properly reflect how many calories are actually available. They do however give you a good idea of what you're eating, so it's better than blindly guessing.
>>
>>39349242

fat 1g -> 1x8 = 8
Carbs 36g -> 36x4 = 144
Protein 13g -> 13x4 = 52

TOTAL 204

Pretty accurate imo
>>
File: 1320154576760.jpg (73KB, 500x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1320154576760.jpg
73KB, 500x1221px
>>39349049
Thanks I was worried I was having to go a day without a massive fucking boner.
>>
>>39349401
>having to go a day without a massive fucking boner.
When is the last time you went a day without a boner? Why is this related to calories?
>>
>>39349440
It's not, just like the pic you posted isn't relevant to your post.
>>
>>39349242
Ah, I thought.

Okay per serving = how many portions of that they are measuring calories for.

Say if you got a pizza that was sectioned into four slices.

On it's nutrition label it will say something like
Amount per serving
then
Servings per container/box/bag/package etc.
That package doesn't say anything about servings per anything so it is saying this package is a single serving.

Serving size is simply how many grams ounces pounds etc that serving size is in weight or volume.

To get the amount of calories and grams of something in a container/box/bag/etc you multiply the number next to the "amount per serving" thing with the number next to the "servings per container" thing.

Let's go back to the pizza example
It will have a nutritional label that says..
Serving size 100gs
Amount per serving 1 slice
Servings per box 4 slice
Calories = 200
Total fat = 20g
Cholesterol = 10g
Total Carbohydrate = 50g
Etc etc

If you want to know how many calories are in that container you measure amount per serving times servings per
If you want to know how many carbs you multiply the number of carbs times the number of servings and so on.

If you want an accurate measurement of the calories then you'll have to go online and look it up. Nutritional labels are never actually clear on what a serving size is supposed to look like.
>>
>>39349049
>>39349049
1. Who is that girl.

2. It's the total of everything inside. The per serving calories is total of fat protein and carbs etc.
>>
always wondered how cooked and uncooked food kcals work

when in the label it says 100g chicken has 110kcals and I weight 100g and then cook it im consuming the 110kcals right?
>>
weigh your meals (or if it's packaged food just use what's on the bag)
use myfitnesspal
find the exact shit you ate on there
enter the mass (weight) of the shit you ate
ta-da
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.