[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late bloomers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1477878766458.jpg (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1477878766458.jpg
9KB, 220x220px
Hey /fit/

Was anyone here a late bloomer? My dad claims he had a later growth spurt that went longer than usual.

I'm almost 19 and I'm pretty sure my growth plates are fused already so no hope there, but I was hoping to get more muscular development, or some filling out. I still store fat in strange places, have a high voice and can't squat as heavy as I see some people my size squat naturally (although I am a pretty fast sprinter).

Is late blooming just a meme or do I still have hope?
>>
god you sound like an idiot
>>
>>39344029
It happens.
But if you're not starting to grow by the time you're 24 you're basically done.

If you're worried go to your doctor and ask for a bit of hgh. Just make DAMNED SURE you get a cancer screening.
>>
>>39344029
Well from your post it's obvious you're young...

Anyway I'm 23 turning 24 in a month and I've grown half an inch (6'.5" to 6'1" barefoot) since around a year ago, so you never know. Otherwise you're only 19? I still don't think I've peaked physically. Just keep lifting.
>>
>>39344054
Well I am, you're not wrong.
>>
Lifting does not stunt growth
R-rigth guys?
>>
>>39344087
It can.
>>
>>39344092
How?
I readed that when you get injured you can affect your growth pl8s, but if you do rigth form and do not do ego lifting everything will be fine, rigth?
>>
>>39344087
only if you're lifting too much to the point where all your bodies resources go towards building muscle instead of growing taller
>>
Go to your doctor, tell them you want a testosterone test for said reasons, they will either see it is low, give you testosterone and fix your problems or figure out what else would be wrong with you.
>>
>>39344029

I didn't go through puberty until I was 17 and grew until 22. I didn't really start to fill out until my early 20s. Starting out lofting even later than that it turns out I'm naturally incredibly strong. I didn't even really know my numbers were unusual until I started coming here and seeing guys lifting for quite a while who put up less than me when I walked into a gym. Not sure if it's applicable to anyone else just thought I'd share my experience.
>>
>>39344029
Lol I'm the opposite.
I was already 5'10" by 14.
But I'm still that so double edged sword.
>>
>>39344303
If I donate blood regularly and get testing results back can I find that information on those tests?

I'm not sure if they check hormones, but there might be some signs based on other deficiencies maybe?
>>
>>39344408
no they test to see if you have illnesses such as HIV, Hep c ext...
>>
>>39344075
what would you need a cancer screening for?
>>
>>39344727

If you take HGH and have cancer it massively accelerates the speed of its growth. So whereas it has few sides and is ostensibly safe it could kill you if you've got early stage undetected cancer.
>>
>>39344379
I was pretty fucked, by the end of primary, when I was about 11 years old I was 5'7 with full blown armpit hair and shit, biggest kid in my class

now I'm a whopping 5'8
>>
>>39344029
You stop growing at around 25
>>
>>39345272
According to the text book, sure...
>>
>>39345442
Who do you think writes the fucking textbooks and what do you think it's based on?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.