[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about growing my hair out. I hate getting my haircut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0760.jpg (60KB, 658x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
60KB, 658x428px
Thinking about growing my hair out. I hate getting my haircut literally every two weeks just to have it all shitty looking in a matter of a week ( I have really thick hair). Any tips from long haired /fitizens
>>
File: ShareThumbnail.jpg (146KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ShareThumbnail.jpg
146KB, 1500x1500px
>>39340060
Hockey flow is a god tier
>>
File: 1478122033272.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478122033272.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
Just stop getting a haircut and get a knit cap. Glue it to your head for a year and then pop that fucker off. Any other way is frustrating as shit and you'll want to quit after a couple of months.
>>
>>39340235
More like greaseball retard tier

This is coming from a person who played hockey for 15 years and had flow
>>
>>39340060

Long hair and short hair work for guys who have a masculine face

guys who look goofy and look boyish need a middle length haircut

If you want to do a long hair with thick hair, consider doing no poo for some time to get your head less oily or your hair will frizzle and you will look like a fucking leon (a goofy one though)
>>
It comes down to a couple of things: knowledge of what your hair does, a plan based on that knowledge, and persistence.

If you've never grown your hair out more than a couple inches, you may not know much about it. You need to pay attention to it as it's growing since it will affect your plan. You can't get flowing Norse god locks if your hair texture resembles a chia pet beyond a couple inches (unless you decide to chemically treat it or do a lot of work with it in the morning). You also need to pay attention to how fast it grows because it will impact your plan for it, which will be addressed next.

You need to pick a hair goal. Try and pick one close to your hair texture, but stay flexible with it because your hair can change a bit as it grows out (for example my hair was rather straight in the earlier phases but it developed some waviness as it kept getting longer). You will use this plan as you get regular haircuts. You don't need to go twice a week, but you should not go more than 4-6 weeks without getting a cut. Pic is my hair as I let it grow without a plan. I have a plan now and am waiting until I have a bit more money to spend on a quality haircut, but as you can see, it looks pretty shitty and unshapely.

Finally you need persistence. You will hit the awkward phase and want to just cut it all off. You might be made fun of by friends/family, and you will probably be tempted to wear a hat every day. If you must wear a hat, only do so until the hair is long enough to tie up into a ponytail/bun. A hat may train your hair to start lying flatter on your head and might make it look bad as it continues to grow like this. Tying it will also train the hair, but in a way that's usually better for looks overall
>>
File: 20161106_192223 - Copy.jpg (60KB, 757x820px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_192223 - Copy.jpg
60KB, 757x820px
>>39341585
Here's a slightly better quality pic. It doesn't look as bad as the previous one, but I still emphasize coming up with a plan and getting regular cuts. Try to go to an actual salon when you do get it cut. It will cost you more, but those people will usually be better about knowing how to cut everything for better growth and overall looks on the way to the goal
>>
>>39341686
Thanks a lot man. And actually thats how mine is probably gonna look. It doesnt look bad at all. And what do I tell the parlor? Cut just the loose ends? And desu I feel like my hair grows so damn fast that I feel like its suited for me. As far as a plan for style I have no clue but we'll see
>>
>>39341770
If you're in the early stages, just let them know you're in the process of growing it out, and they can usually give you a little maintenance cut and possibly some advice. Until you put some inches on your hair, they can't do too much and you don't want them to because it can really slow down your progress.

They're pretty automatic about taking care of split ends, but if you notice them more you can point them out. The two main things they're going to do is get rid of the ends and layer your hair since otherwise your hair will bunch up on top of each other and you can wind up with too much volume which is how it gets unshapely.

The layering is going to be dependent on the goal look, so try and get one before your 2nd cut and bring a picture of it in. Might seem autistic, but it's really the best way to come close to what you're wanting
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.