[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training for sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MTM1MjQyNjUxMzQ2Njc2MzU1.jpg (23KB, 619x576px) Image search: [Google]
MTM1MjQyNjUxMzQ2Njc2MzU1.jpg
23KB, 619x576px
Hey there /fit/izens!

As I am new to this board I hope I don't violate to much of the rules, but I think it's an appropriate topic.

So here's the deal. Sadly I took up doing sports pretty late in my life, I started doing martial arts when I was 18 and did that for a good 5-6 years, but because of study and work I moved a lot and it was getting hard allways joining and leaving a new "family". Gym fellas might get what I'm saying. Beginning last year I took up climbing as a sport because for bouldering you can do it alone and with my physique I'm quite comfortable and agile at that. Also doing climbing shows way more visible results for me than doing martial arts (I only did the training, no weights, just body exercises).

Now there's a gym near me and they also have a bouldering segment and I'd be really interested how much I can possible improve if I added a weight training to my schedule. As for what I want to do is stick with basic stuff, I know a lot of you here are lifters and it's considered godlike teir here, but I don't want to deadlift 220kg somewhere in the future. I just want to see how strong I can get with that.
I've done my research on the sticky, I did watch alot youtube videos from "athlean x", "buff dudes" and "bodybuilding.com" about how to perform certain exercises and so on.
The weightlifting exercises I want to do are deadlifts, squats, benchpress, military press and maybe barbell rows.

Now the thing is i have absolutely no clue how much I can lift and how to chose the sets and repetitions. I know "just start with small weights and if you can do these then put on some more", but I want a clean form and I want to finish the set properly.
So is it better to do more sets at the beginning with lower weights? Should I use the weight I can do when I'm fresh?

Would be awsome from a little insight from a few pros here, thx in advance!

>I'll post my trainings schedule i plan to do in the next post
>>
>>39326356
>continued
A
Warmup: 30 min running with finishing sprint
Situps:
2 Set x 50 Rep
Mma Burpies
2 Set x 10 Rep

Terra Band Warm up
2 Set x 5 Rep
Pullup normal + 20kg
4 Set x 5 Rep
Finger Push ups
1 Set x 20 Rep
Dips + 12 kg
4 Set x 5 Rep
Pseudo Planche
1 Set x 20 Rep
Pullup inversed grip + 20kg
4 Sets x 5 Rep
Push ups
1 Set x 20 Rep
Hanging leg raises
4 Sets x 10 Rep

Pullup + Dips + Pushups + Legraise
To Max (Burnout Set)

After that bouldering

B
Warmup: running 30 min with finishing sprint
Situps:
2 Set x 50 Rep
Mma Burpies
2 Set x 10 Rep

Warm up for weights (for every exercise the adding weight warmup until workout weight)
? set x ? Rep

Squats
? set x ? Rep
Deadlifts
? set x ? Rep
Benchpress
? set x ? Rep
Overhead military press
? set x ? Rep
Barbell row
? set x ? Rep

these are the main trainings I will do for building strenght, schedule A is what I do now, if anyone is interested I also do a sole body/abcore workout and well the specific boulder/climber training for all that what you need

But I thing i want to do as followed A on Monday, B on tuesday, A on thursday and B on either Friday or Saturday

Would i be overdoing things or is it decent enough?
>>
>>39326436
oh yeah and
height
1,80 m (5,9 feet?)
weight
70 kg (154 lbs?)
>>
b8 thread
admirable effort tho, theres a 11/10 chance you are literally autistic
>>
>>39328034
no b8 literally asking for some basic advice for lifting, i've never been to a gym and all i read about here is how annoyed everyone is with people who do things wrong.
As i said i did a lot of sports but all i ever did was bodyweight workouts and lots and lots of cardio. I got a ok base from the previous sport that i did and i got a decent upper body strenght from climbing. I have fucking weak legs and overall i think getting in to lifting for the basics and building a good core and also don't neglect my legs / legstrenght isn't a bad idea.
sry if this is autistic, what's wrong in your opinion? (really asking, not sarcasm)
>>
what i'm getting at for excample.
Let's say i can deadlift 80kg barely, so i know i have to dropp the weight to get a good form. Now should i as a beginner in lifting just start out with a low weight for form learning and improvement but do more sets with low reps, or low sets with more reps? I belivie a few people here have better knowledge or insight in that matter because a lot of them have gone along that road
>>
>>39328307
if you wanna lift weights dont warmup with running or sprinti
you know im not gonna write it all read the sticky you piece of shit
>>
I climb and lift, now it's mostly climb and do accessory work that benefits climbing. I mean you can do a simple as fuck Stronglifts 5x5 and climb pretty easily. I don't even really know what the fuck you're getting at.
>>
>>39328495
Just want to gather a little more information that is all. As i said i've never done any weightlifting and i notice it was not really clear in what i actually wanted to ask. All I meant is if it is more beneficial for more sets / more reps for the beginning and also if some here also lift for climbing. Most of the people i met climbing don't lift, not even a "trainingsschedule".
Did you notice any significant progress in your climbing? Are you aiming for something specific? Do you rather climb or boulder?
Maybe it would have been better for a climbing general
>>
>>39328580
Doing Olympic lifts has gotten me stronger in some ways that are beneficial to climbing but it's not really necessary. If you want to be a better climber you climb a shitload and then do core, bodyweight legs, shoulder, arms and back lifts. I climb sport and boulder.

Do simple sets. 5x5 on big stuff, 3x8 on small lifts.
>>
do you have actual autisim?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.