[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting /fit/ without a gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1478112573802.jpg (152KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478112573802.jpg
152KB, 720x960px
First off, yes, I read the sticky.

I live in a small town. Basically in the middle of nowhere. I dont want to have to drive back and forth to the nearest gym every day, because honestly, I cant afford the gas consumption. Yes, its that far. Still, I want to get /fit/. I NEED to get /fit/. I'm not fat, but I lack muscle.

What is your best advice for getting /fit/ without using any equipment or lifting?
>>
>>39326210
build a home gym or do bodyweight exercises
>>
Get a backpack. Fill it with bricks. Use it to kill your self.

But really though. I don't know how weak you are, but you can start with pushups. Do different harder variations as you get stronger. Hand stand pushups as well.

If you can find something to do pull ups on start doing that. Progress to different types. Muscle ups etc etc.

Use the backpack full of brings (or anything heavy) to add weight to your push ups and pull ups.

You could very cheaply manufacture some parallette bars. There is infinite scale-ability to the paralettes. Once you're at the point where you can planche pushup you'd probably look pretty fucking amazing.
>>
I have pull-up bar, dumbells and barbells. workout at home, lots of body-weight exercises. my biceps could be bigger, everything else is like I want.
>>
>>39326210

Bodyweight exercise won't take you far, yes you can get some gains, but they are mostly good only if you are naked, through shirts you are still like every non fit person.

You need a power rack, bench, olympic bar with weights, pull up bar and dip bar( they can be installed on rack) and weight belt( to add weight for chin ups, pull ups, dips).

With all that you can hit every muscle, do incline and flat for chest, for back do bent over rows, pull ups, chin ups, for legs do squats, deadlifts, front squats, rldls, for shoulders OHP and lat raises with smaller weights, for arms do bar curls and close grip bench .
>>
File: 1457481423757.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1457481423757.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>39326210
Here's a starting bodyweight program with progression. Up the protein intake, work out often. Get into a gym when you can because nothing beats barbell training for strength gains. Also consider getting a physical job, they usually pay more and the character building is helpful throughout life
>>
Thank you all for the advice. Based on the advice (tl;dr start lifting anyways), I'm going to have to start building up a home gym then. Going to be hard on a tiny budget but it'll have to be done anyways. I'll start with the bodyweight program outlined here >>39326311 (which is really the kind of guide I was hoping for) while the gym is built up.
>>
>>39326398
Good plan, and good luck
>>
File: corrected bodyweight.jpg (3MB, 3773x4000px) Image search: [Google]
corrected bodyweight.jpg
3MB, 3773x4000px
>>39326210
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.