[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SI injury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: SIJ.jpg (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SIJ.jpg
120KB, 400x400px
I strained my SI about two weeks ago squatting. Butt wink was extreme as fuck and hadn't realised before (everyone told me my form was perfect) and it popped during a warm up and I was in excruciating pain for a few days. After taking ibuprofen for a week or so I'm alright now but I tried to deadlift 70kg earlier (my PR is about 200kg) and I felt it nearly go again so how long should I leave it to heal up? I was thinking about 6-8 weeks. I got referred to a physio but it's been two weeks now and I haven't even got a phone call.
NHS of peace.
>>
You can't strain a joint
Take it easy for 2 months
You can still train everywhere else
Going back heavy too early can fuck you up for a long time
>>
>>39325854
look at the recent omar isuf video about SI disfunction. Do the rolling with the peanut it talks about

Look up the stuart mcgill lower back stabilization protocol

Start incorporating planking and reverse hypers (if you have access to one) into your routine

Just ease back into lifting slowly, make sure you make things better instead of worse
>>
>>39326517
T H I S

Suffered terrible si joint inflammation two years ago. It got so swollen that one leg was 2-3" longer than the other, and my whole side was hot to the touch. Couldn't walk. Be really careful because my hip gets easily irritated now if I dont warm up. Strengthening my core and lower back has really helped as well as no more stairmaster.
>>
>>39326517
http://articles.reactivetrainingsystems.com/2016/04/13/sacroiliac-dysfunction-gainz-not-painz/

Forgot to include this article as well
>>
>>39325854
Hook yourself up with a peanut roller. It's basically just two balls (baseball, lacrosse, w/e) taped together and you lie on them, find the pain, and gently roll on that spot to relieve the stress. Lift a knee up and roll. Then put that knee down and lift the other.
Don't force anything.
>>
>>39325854
I think the same happened to me around 3 weeks back
was deadlifting, grip slipped slightly and back rounded too much and I felt a painful pull at the bottom of my lumbar
intense pain for a few days and slight pain ever since, especially when hyperextending my back
being in snap city sucks
>>
>>39326235
>
I don't know what the technical term is you nigger but I fucked up my hip
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.