[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soylent... is it people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: drink_gallery5.546e2142f4c6.jpg (118KB, 1120x630px) Image search: [Google]
drink_gallery5.546e2142f4c6.jpg
118KB, 1120x630px
Some dudes at work were talking about soylent. What do you guys make of this? I'm thinking of trying it out.

Here's what the website says about macros

Carbohydrates 47g
35% of calories
Lipids 25g
45% of calories
Protein 25g
20% of calories

Diet is the biggest struggle I have when it comes to lifting. Think I could just supplement with these, maybe worry a little less about what I eat? Eat some eggs and chicken breast etc but have soylent as my "Main meals"?

Anyway, I've pretty much already decided I'm going to try it out. Just wanted to see what you guys think, maybe hear some other peoples experiences.
>>
bump. I'm curious too.
>>
watched a Vice documentary about it. afaik, way too expensive and way too bland for day to day use.
>>
File: IMG_1980.jpg (39KB, 515x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1980.jpg
39KB, 515x408px
>>39324715
>soylent
>soy
>>
>>39324765

it seems to work out to about $2 per 500 calories
>>
>>39324715
Soylent is a scam to gouge money from redditors with very one-sided understanding of nutrition.
>>
>>39324715
Ive tried soylent and huel (a similar product), both for cutting and briefly for bulking (had loads left over). They're bland but not disgusting. If you really, really don't care about enjoying food, they're a viable alternative for a cut. It gets very fucking monotonous though. I'd advise against trying to bulk on them because it gets expensive and you start to dread mealtimes.

They're a good time saver because there's no meal prep involved.

I'd suggest replacing breakfast and/or lunch and having a tasty, low cal dinner to keep you sane.
>>
>>39324715
It turns you into a girl
>>
i use the coffiest and i've done DIY soylent in the past. I vastly prefer the real soylent product and the coffiest flavor is great. it really helps me make progress in my losses and i can tune my eating for my gainz around it.
>>
>>39324715
it tastes like thick soymilk and its pretty filling, I mostly use it to reduce meal prep time. I wouldn't suggest completely replacing all your meals with soylent, I experienced some dizziness when I first started and I think its a common experience so its obviously deficient in some way
>>
>>39324715
>>39324744
>>39324767
>>39324792
>>39324867
>>39325254
>>39325358
>>39327303
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
>>
I did soylent at all levels.
one a day.
twice a day. three times a day.
an entire bulking meal with protein powder @ 3750 calories

the shit is gross, made me lose gains, and its only benefit is convenience

everyone whose reocmmended that shit has been a numale
>>
File: cosmo drank soy.jpg (275KB, 768x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo drank soy.jpg
275KB, 768x1600px
>>39324715
Literally
>Shitty soy "protein"
>Maltodextrin
>Multi-vitamin
Enjoy your gyno gains anon
Just make your own shake with whey, oats and a banana or something
>>
>>39324715
I just want to say that I was a strange kid and my fav food was tofu and I have much larger breasts than any of my female relatives. I only found out later in life that soy mimics estrogen. So I guess if you want some juicy titties, go on ahead.
>>
>>39325254
>>39327423
>>39328514
Soy consumption does not effect the hormone balances of men. Consult a peer-reviewed study instead of somebodies blog or meme image sometime.

"No significant effects of soy protein or isoflavone intake on T, SHBG, free T, or FAI were detected regardless of statistical model."

http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract
>>
Soylent is what caused that speedrunner Cosmo to turn into a """girl""". You've been warned.
>>
I used it for cutting and convenience.
>>
Soy allergies run in my family(mom had a lot of tumors and had to get a hysterectomy because of it) so I try to avoid eating it
>>
>>39328583
You should not just find one study that enforces your view and then peddle it on others.

Soy does not appear to significantly affect testosterone levels in moderation (1-2 servings of soy food daily, less than 25g of soy protein from non-concentrate sources), and seems to be able to adversely affect testosterone levels when superloaded (enough so that the equol issue is moot; around 100mg isoflavones daily). Between moderation and excess, there is a grey area that is dependent on whether or not one is able to produce equol from daidzein. These numbers do not apply to soy protein concentrate, which has negligible isoflavone content from ethanol extraction.

From https://examine.com/nutrition/is-soy-good-or-bad-for-me/

Also check out this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

Also be aware your "study" is just an analysis of other studies. An analysis of studies made some years before the one I just linked.
>>
>>39328702
I wish more people like you posted here. People seem to either completely ignore reading about the shit they preach or cite a singular study that fits their viewpoint often not even reading the actual contents of the study.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.